General Discussion: 2019 - Resolutions, bucket lists, hopes

Show original post
illwill
illwill avatar

3292 posts since 17/5/04

31 Jan 2019 15:06
eazypz wrote:
jwool wrote: Shouldn't drink tap water Laughing out loud

Oestrogen and all sorts in tap water. I only buy bottled water for this reason.
Plus I live in a hard water area so prefer the taste.

Evil The SodaStream fam will be waiting for you in the car park.
roophees
roophees avatar

1396 posts since 18/12/10

6 Feb 2019 11:08
Caved and bought a bag and jeans from ARKET on the sale. Lasted 37 days.

Don't do it guys, feels shit Laughing out loud
swede
swede avatar

7477 posts since 21/3/09

6 Feb 2019 11:11
Rez wrote: Turning the frickin' frogs gay

Laughing out loud
swiftus
swiftus avatar

626 posts since 1/7/09

28 Feb 2019 13:26
2 months down people…how we all getting on?

I'm staying strong on the no buying shit. Defo gets easier with time. Still building imaginary dream bikes on websites to trick my brain into thinking I'm actually going to get one.
LFC
LFC avatar

3376 posts since 14/6/11

28 Feb 2019 14:00
Terrible. Beats headphones and speaker, Nike ID’s last week and 720’s this morning(although will probably return but need to try), Zara shit for my daughters and Nike gear for my son in Feb.

Still trying not too buy but I know there’s stuff coming up through the year that I can’t ignore. It’s a real addiction.
roophees
roophees avatar

28 Feb 2019 14:33
Clothing wise i've only bought those Jeans (the ARKET bag didn't come), and actually almost can't be fucked to look through sales/clothing sections these days.

Non clothing wise I've failed miserably though, bought a Nintendo Switch and some headphones, and about to buy a new bike. Still, think its progress though as i would've bought this shit AND clothes to boot
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4294 posts since 13/1/10

posted 28 Feb 2019 14:42, edited 28 Feb 2019 14:42
This months been shit for me, been majorly distracted from all corners.

I've only drank alcohol once this month due to a social pressure (I had a date), but since then I've been firm by explicitly saying I'm not drinking.

I've forgone this no-buying thing - but just set-up a monthly budget which I transfer to my Monzo card each month. Sounds nan, but I highly recommend producing a monthly cash-flow forecast (income vs actual & expected expenses) for 3+ years thereabouts, gives you so much control over personal finances (at least gies you a view of where you're going).

March I'll ensure to run regularly, meditating, waking up at 5am daily etc etc.
Burt
Burt avatar

5094 posts since 3/1/10

28 Feb 2019 14:51
Lost 8lb this month using MFP and running daily. Celebrated with footwear; can't go cold turkey.
LFC
LFC avatar

3376 posts since 14/6/11

28 Feb 2019 14:59
roophees wrote: Clothing wise i've only bought those Jeans (the ARKET bag didn't come), and actually almost can't be fucked to look through sales/clothing sections these days.

Non clothing wise I've failed miserably though, bought a Nintendo Switch and some headphones, and about to buy a new bike. Still, think its progress though as i would've bought this shit AND clothes to boot

Switch is well worth it though, well made up I got the kids one for christmas.
roophees
roophees avatar

28 Feb 2019 15:42
Razorlight123 wrote: This months been shit for me, been majorly distracted from all corners.

I've only drank alcohol once this month due to a social pressure (I had a date), but since then I've been firm by explicitly saying I'm not drinking.

I've forgone this no-buying thing - but just set-up a monthly budget which I transfer to my Monzo card each month. Sounds nan, but I highly recommend producing a monthly cash-flow forecast (income vs actual & expected expenses) for 3+ years thereabouts, gives you so much control over personal finances (at least gies you a view of where you're going).

March I'll ensure to run regularly, meditating, waking up at 5am daily etc etc.

Wanted to get on the meditation as soon as I woke up thing too, but cannot actually bring myself to sit upright in bed at 6 in the morning and breathe deeply Laughing out loud

You got plans to reduce that monthly budget for clothes over time?
Doogan
Doogan avatar

325 posts since 13/4/14

28 Feb 2019 17:52
Not had a drink since Hogmanay. Feel so much stronger mentally. Quite surprised how much it has reduced my anxiety/rumination.

MLI
MLI avatar

4051 posts since 6/10/09

28 Feb 2019 19:25
Still drinking a 6 pack a night, getup 05:30, eat 3 squares a day. Sometimes I walk 20kms just coz I feel like it, run sometimes, don't do it to a schedule anymore, weight is stable as usual, lean and mean..bought some new sneakers the other day..47 years old, considering starting smoking regularly if I can get access to cheap illegal imports somewhere. Smoking worked for my dad.
Sholto
Sholto avatar

471 posts since 25/12/12

28 Feb 2019 19:47
roophees wrote: Wanted to get on the meditation as soon as I woke up thing too, but cannot actually bring myself to sit upright in bed at 6 in the morning and breathe deeply Laughing out loud
Can you put your alarm somewhere out of reach from the bed - perhaps on a chair - so you have to get up to turn it off? you can then sit in said chair, take a few moments to wake up and begin.

You just have to force it a couple of times and it starts getting easier.
Doogan wrote: Not had a drink since Hogmanay. Feel so much stronger mentally. Quite surprised how much it has reduced my anxiety/rumination.
Good going man, it's amazing the difference you feel (and look) after a while.
shields88
shields88 avatar

340 posts since 25/5/11

1 Mar 2019 17:49
swiftus wrote: Still building imaginary dream bikes on websites to trick my brain into thinking I'm actually going to get one.

I do this too Sad waste so much fucking time too I feel like I might as well just buy the parts I need to upgrade to stop me wasting the time.