General Discussion: 2019 - Resolutions, bucket lists, hopes

Show original post
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

posted 5 Jan 2020 00:11, edited 5 Jan 2020 00:11
sydneyking wrote:
Ulster_Blue wrote: the veggie thing seems to be really big on most lists. environmental concerns? ethical? health?

All 3 for me, I’ve nothing against eating meat it’s just the scale in which we’re consuming meat that is the issue

?? Why. Plenty of cows, pigs, chicken and sheep for everyone to eat, they're still making em.
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6791 posts since 5/6/07

5 Jan 2020 00:31
Such a spastic
Fläsket
Fläsket avatar

3751 posts since 14/8/04

5 Jan 2020 01:11
got diagnosed with EOE a few months ago. have a follow up endoscopy just before Chinese New Year. worried they'll have me on an elimination diet to try and sort it out so am caning the pizzas and beer until then. ain't trying to fuck around with gluten free beer and dairy and gluten free pizza. i'll switch back to wine and my beans & rice.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

5 Jan 2020 03:45
that's fucken shit Flasket. Yeah don't fuck around with compromises.

3 different doctors told me 3 different things about my drinking. (They all ask)

I say the same thing. equiv 6 pack a night, most nights, more on weekends

1 said I drank way too much, should drink 2 cans a week.
another said my drinking is fine if I feel okay.
another said I should cut back to every second night.

So I stopped listening to doctors coz they're just basically making shit up.
Fläsket
Fläsket avatar

3751 posts since 14/8/04

5 Jan 2020 07:24
do what feels good to you!
my case only came to light after a trip to the ER to push a piece of steak that had been lodged in my esophagus for a day and a half. I felt fine before and am feeling the same after taking some medications. haven't changed a thing with the diet. it's been proposed by folks on the street that I just need to chew my food more Laughing out loud
Fläsket
Fläsket avatar

3751 posts since 14/8/04

5 Jan 2020 07:32
LFC wrote: I’ve got some CP’s on the way but they were bought on the 30th, and 31st, ok 2 pairs.

But with regards to clothes I’m sorted, there is literally fuck all I need.

Fragrance will be the biggest one this year, if I can avoid buying that then I will succeed I think.

Thank you for all the support anyway, feel like redted Laughing out loud
allow yourself a purchase if/when Liverpool drop points Smiling
LFC
LFC avatar

4530 posts since 14/6/11

5 Jan 2020 08:12
Haha that would be a good one but I can’t cave even for that.

Cancelled one of the pairs of CP’s as well so I’m proud of myself.

Guna try and sell some bits off too so if anyone’s interested in the CP tracks white/black and white/grey in a 42 worn less than 3 times each keep an eye out
smith
smith avatar

10925 posts since 5/5/04

5 Jan 2020 12:49
LFC wrote: Haha that would be a good one but I can’t cave even for that.

Guna try and sell some bits off too so if anyone’s interested in the CP tracks white/black and white/grey in a 42 worn less than 3 times each keep an eye out

do you already own this seasons LFC elite jersey? Its very nice and a must have when you win the league.
roophees
roophees avatar

1719 posts since 18/12/10

11 Jan 2020 10:56
Checking in on you chaps, how are the resolutions going?

For no buying clothes and shoes, seem to have less urge than last year, although still occasionally find myself browsing whatever sale is on from the bargains/discount code thread.

Gone meat free for most lunches at work since 1st Jan, honestly not too hard, and feel a lot better for it
Ulster_Blue
Ulster_Blue avatar

5350 posts since 16/7/06

11 Jan 2020 11:45
caved on the clothes, pair of orslow and wings and horns sweater from End.
Scottishmark
Scottishmark avatar

622 posts since 25/1/11

11 Jan 2020 11:48
No purchase is impossible. Fuck that. Laughing out loud

I’ve gone with the no boozing. I think I’ll do Jan. Probably most of Feb and then just aim to cut back significantly for the rest of the year and see how things go.
LFC
LFC avatar

4530 posts since 14/6/11

11 Jan 2020 11:52
smith wrote:
LFC wrote: Haha that would be a good one but I can’t cave even for that.

do you already own this seasons LFC elite jersey? Its very nice and a must have when you win the league.

Not my thing mate. My boy has had all 3 kits since his birth in 2017 so that will do for memories. Will be glad to get on Nike kits next season.

I’ve ran 3 times this week which is more than I’ve done in the last 15 years. Eating better and no buys so far and I’m pretty confident it will stay like that.

Looking less and less on sites. Eventually want to delete all shopping apps and sites saved on my phone and stop looking all together.

Hardest has been fragrance but just trying to enjoy my collection I have which is a good collection so I’m happy but there’s always the want for more as I’ve been in to it for probably 20+ years just like clothes.
swede
swede avatar

8840 posts since 21/3/09

11 Jan 2020 14:47
Scottishmark wrote: No purchase is impossible. Fuck that. Laughing out loud

yeah I don't get this - no point in going cold turkey like that. just setup a monthly budget if it is such an issue