General Discussion: banksy- wall and piece


Show original post
denisovich
denisovich avatar

996 posts since 14/6/05

10 Aug 2006 15:23
mate, i can't take anything you say seriously, cos i just keep thinking of this..

Mate.. serious. I don't even own none of that business. I just rolled up in the spot in some black jeans, jacket and a tie. All the Uni Brigade gave me some sly looks. Really though.. you are just going to get lashed then take home some filthy slut anyway. Is it worth getting dressed up? Take a not out of nobles book, rock the bapes, Uni crew will be stunned. Cravatte is waste, unless you are a prince/king/lord etc.

http://www.fuk.co.uk/threads/ball_wear

and i'm reminded all over again what a first class wannabe prick you really are. tell me, were the uni crew stunned when you turned up in bapes??

I can't say I write because of those reasons anyway. I just like to destroy, anger , smash and piss you people off. I find it fun.

i'm really feeling you here.. being a teenager is hard man! no doubt. do your 'rents get on your case and stuff? sometimes you just want to lock yourself in your bedroom and turn up the stereo until your mum calls you down for tea..

joker.


Rufio
Rufio avatar

5994 posts since 11/10/05

10 Aug 2006 15:26
purple wrote:
wasteman wrote:
I can't say I write because of those reasons anyway. I just like to destroy, anger , smash and piss you people off. I find it fun.

Learn to read Bagpuss.

Fucking wannabe, give all writers a bad name. Leave the game before you become a laughing stock in the scene. Though you are a laughing stock, ha. Wannabeman

I see what you did there! Eye-wink
FrIEND
FrIEND avatar

13672 posts since 27/11/03

10 Aug 2006 15:29
wasteman wrote: Zzz…

After writing for XX years I've had this discussion a million times. If you aren't involved, you CANNOT understand it. Its that simple. I am involved, I can understand it and I know what I am talking about. I couldn't care less if YOU like what we do. Its not for YOU. Its for US. We do it because it makes us happy. If none of you ever saw a single piece of mine in your life, It wouldn't bother me, because you are out of the loop. Nothing wrong with being a robot, it is your perogative. I am not here to try and convince you to become a vandal.

However, I've met Banksy, Banksy used to paint the same places as I did. Banksy was a writer, one of these people you seem to despise. Then he changed. Now Banksy is pushing graffiti in a direction it was never supposed to go it. It is irrelevant if you like Banksy's work or not. You aren't writers. However, it is only natural for me to correct peoples mistakes. If you were passionate about food and you saw a bunch of people saying McDonalds offered the best cuisine in the world, I'm sure you'd correct them? From a writers perspective (Banksy claims he is one) I have a unique viewpoint which none of you share. I am qualified to make these statements, even if they seem completley illogical to you, because I am deeply involved in the culture and have been for years and more importantly, I understand it.

You'll tolerate mass advertising, huge billboards, spam mail, telesales marketing, thrust into your faces on a daily basis. But you wont tolerate a single figure, doing exactly the same. Why? Because the general public don't understand it. And what the general public don't understand they fear. How do the general public deal with fear? They either walk along and ignore it without making a single attempt to understand or evaluate, or they run from it. If you saw someone painting a train carriage you were sitting on, or your road. I doubt a single one of you would stand up and stop him. I'm proud that I'm out there asserting myself as a person, doing what makes me feel GOOD irregardless of the law and the government. The buzz I get when I'm painting is unrivalled. Graffiti is one of the last avenues of complete and utter free will. Continue being a robot if it makes you feel safe, secure and happy, I don't mind! End of the day, I can't say I write because of those reasons anyway. I just like to destroy, anger , smash and piss you people off. I find it fun.

Anyway, I don't really like getting serious on the internet. It was more fun taking the piss out of you lot and watching you get aggy. I'll continue with that now.

that is one of the most stupid things i have ever read on this site and thats saying something. How does tagging a train make you any less automated than anybody else with a keen interest in anything at all?

you're just a robot that paints (and im not even sure you do - I certainly hope you do and you just dont tag) if thats how you like to think about things. The real problem you've got now is that you're painting the same items (trains etc) as thousands of other people are doing and have been doing for years - where's YOUR individual innovation? sure you can have your own design but blends and shading will always follow guidelines. you're using the same set of rules as all the other people that are doing it.

im sorry - but you wear clothes, watch films, eat food the same as everbody else. it could even be argued that you're even more of a "robot" than many others as you obviously got into graffiti for some reason, that reason being that it appealed to you. the graf scene has been hyped up as being cool for years and years so you probably just fell into some marketing trap at some point.
wasteman
wasteman avatar

1258 posts since 15/3/06

10 Aug 2006 15:48
Re-read the end of the 3rd paragraph.
FrIEND
FrIEND avatar

13672 posts since 27/11/03

10 Aug 2006 15:53
Id rather re-read the beginning

"You'll tolerate mass advertising, huge billboards, spam mail, telesales marketing, thrust into your faces on a daily basis. But you wont tolerate a single figure, doing exactly the same. Why? Because the general public don't understand it. And what the general public don't understand they fear. How do the general public deal with fear? They either walk along and ignore it without making a single attempt to understand or evaluate, or they run from it. If you saw someone painting a train carriage you were sitting on, or your road. I doubt a single one of you would stand up and stop him"

so we'd tolerate it right? just like how you said people wouldnt tolerate it in the beginning of the same paragraph.

also id say that people genuinly coulnt care a less about graph and actually do prefer it when it is good to having a blank wall. the only "people" who dont like it are companies - and the only reason they dont like it is because theyre not getting paid and it affects their own self perceived public image.
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

10 Aug 2006 15:55
wastemans one line answers are funny as tho. Laughing out loud
FrIEND
FrIEND avatar

13672 posts since 27/11/03

10 Aug 2006 15:57
Yeah they are and I agree Banksy isnt a likable fella. Laughing out loud
wasteman
wasteman avatar

1258 posts since 15/3/06

10 Aug 2006 16:10
FrIEND -

Point I was making was the fact that if companies are allowed to pollute our space with waste-adverts for Insurance etc. what is so bad about a single person polluting our space with a small tag? They are far smaller, less intrusive and aren't trying to rob your money. People here were making such a fuss over graff, scroll back and have a look. I was just trying to put things into perspective for them. It really isn't THAT bad. I'm not trying to legitimize graff because I know the companies pay for the billboards etc. But i'd rather see a quick tag on a wall than a massive tampon advert 50ft high thrust into my face every morning.

And yes, dude is a fucking wasteman.
snaye
snaye avatar

11036 posts since 24/10/02

10 Aug 2006 16:12
This is a pointless arguement unless your part of the scene you will never fully understand and appreciate all forms of writing. The commitment, planning, execution and skill invloved can only be understood by true writers and thats exactly who its for, no one else.
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

10 Aug 2006 16:31
Stamp collecting for Headz'
chopper
chopper avatar

4735 posts since 16/3/04

10 Aug 2006 16:31
well do it in your own homes…on your own front room walls and invite fellow taggers round for appreciation Cool
suck your mum
suck your mum avatar

2393 posts since 7/4/04

10 Aug 2006 16:33
wasteman wrote: Graffiti is one of the last avenues of complete and utter free will.

Stop chatting nonsense please! You obviously haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

GCSE philosophy yeah? Read a bit of Socrates yeah? Fucking looks like it an' all.
suck your mum
suck your mum avatar

2393 posts since 7/4/04

10 Aug 2006 16:34
chopper wrote: well do it in your own homes…on your own front room walls and invite fellow taggers round for appreciation Cool

If what wasteman says about it only being for people involved is true, this is an excellent solution. Why bother the public with your vulgar spray paint abortions?
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3576 posts since 29/5/05

10 Aug 2006 16:41
except it costs tons of money for people that dont want to see it, know anything about it and def dont want to pay for it.


but hey…we are supposed to pay for your rep
burny
burny avatar

6049 posts since 25/5/06

10 Aug 2006 16:52
This argument is getting boring now…
but just one more point

Wasteman: What do think our streets would look like if the council didn't clean your mess up? Do you think it would make our streets more appealing? I understand its a case of personal taste but I think a lot of people would rather not see your 'work' 'throw ups' 'tags', in their area.

I think its a case or compromise, do it somewhere where you can hang out together and look at each others 'work' and let us have nice clean streets. (im a designer, so I don't mind the billboards)
'
Of course there is the concept that what you do in your 'gangs' is 'marking your territory?' Kind of like when a dogs pisses in the street. Smiling
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

10 Aug 2006 16:53
'Trainspotting For Barley'ites'.
sosofresh
sosofresh avatar

197 posts since 25/2/03

10 Aug 2006 16:54
Ahhh "Piss Art" now there's a concept. May need to consume lots of liquid with a dye before you spray away !

Smiling
wasteman
wasteman avatar

1258 posts since 15/3/06

10 Aug 2006 17:32
GCSE philosophy yeah

Philosophy is an A-Level course. You'd know that if you had any. A disgusting "Graffiti tagger" has more qualifications than you, shame.
wasteman
wasteman avatar

1258 posts since 15/3/06

10 Aug 2006 17:32
Wasteman: What do think our streets would look like if the council didn't clean your mess up?

Go Amsterdam.
wasteman
wasteman avatar

1258 posts since 15/3/06

10 Aug 2006 17:33
we are supposed to pay for your rep

Cheers anddy, appreciate it.