Archive: best/worst


Show original post
padawan
padawan avatar

4532 posts since 27/6/03

18 Jan 2011 12:44
a week !!!
load up the Laptop with Films it is then…
Was thinking about finishing early one day and going into London - got my eye on the Rocky Mountain jacket in PRESENT - would it take long?
Serbia
Serbia avatar

4932 posts since 22/3/06

18 Jan 2011 13:09
padawan wrote: a week !!!
load up the Laptop with Films it is then…
Was thinking about finishing early one day and going into London - got my eye on the Rocky Mountain jacket in PRESENT - would it take long?

think thiers direct trains from Fboro to waterloo whihc take about 30 mins, so not to long no
timmbo
timmbo avatar

3511 posts since 9/2/10

18 Jan 2011 17:01
best: free wifi on the train, makes the 5 hour journey slightly more bearable
worst: drunk scousers in the carriage. serves me right for skimping and going standard class.
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3463 posts since 30/11/09

18 Jan 2011 17:24
bresone wrote:
padawan wrote: a week !!!
load up the Laptop with Films it is then…
Was thinking about finishing early one day and going into London - got my eye on the Rocky Mountain jacket in PRESENT - would it take long?

think thiers direct trains from Fboro to waterloo whihc take about 30 mins, so not to long no

Yeah that sounds about right. It may stop at a few places I can't remember so changing to the direct train at Woking may be a possibility.
toof_ake
toof_ake avatar

1148 posts since 23/8/09

18 Jan 2011 19:12
timmbo wrote: best: free wifi on the train, makes the 5 hour journey slightly more bearable
worst: drunk scousers in the carriage. serves me right for skimping and going standard class.

what dyou get in first class except a little napkin thing to rest your head on?
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14389 posts since 21/2/07

18 Jan 2011 19:16
Free drinks, peace and quiet, these days on most trains wifi isn't free in standard class anymore but is in 1st class, if it's a good train free food and food delivery to your table. It's good.
bill
bill avatar

4931 posts since 5/8/09

18 Jan 2011 19:23
Best thing is bigger, more comfortable seats.

East Coast charge standard class passengers for wifi. Last time I sat in the carriage closest to first class and couldn't get on for free unless I walked a couple feet into first class. It's annoying how it knows exactly where you are.
stoney
stoney avatar

17815 posts since 22/1/05

18 Jan 2011 19:43
just started commuting on the train, i hate it, scummers everywhere, think im going to drive now even though the commute takes forever in a car
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

18 Jan 2011 20:35
stoney wrote: just started commuting on the train, i hate it, scummers everywhere, think im going to drive now even though the commute takes forever in a car
i really feel for you mate. you are not having it good with that new job are ya. its pure hell from the moment you get up till the moment you get home aint it?
jack it in man, lifes too fucking short…especially when you got qualifications like you have.
struggle for a bit longer till you get something on your doorstep or a job you actually enjoy going to. (serious advice from a 38 year old)
eent
eent avatar

9015 posts since 25/2/05

20 Jan 2011 09:05
Best : Interview today for better role in the company

Worst : Only found out yesterday, so spent most of last night and this morning preparing.

Worster : Exam on monday and i need to revise
stoney
stoney avatar

17815 posts since 22/1/05

20 Jan 2011 10:35
Noble Locks wrote:
stoney wrote: just started commuting on the train, i hate it, scummers everywhere, think im going to drive now even though the commute takes forever in a car
i really feel for you mate. you are not having it good with that new job are ya. its pure hell from the moment you get up till the moment you get home aint it?
jack it in man, lifes too fucking short…especially when you got qualifications like you have.
struggle for a bit longer till you get something on your doorstep or a job you actually enjoy going to. (serious advice from a 38 year old)

Only took it cause i had no choice, working for myself doesnt quite pay enough. Old job paid really well and hours were like 10.30-3.30, i was spoilt by it and now its a real culture shock. The property market has got to pick up soon, right ?!

Make things worse, ive only been with them 2 weeks and now ive broke my toe, so have called in sick !
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

20 Jan 2011 10:39
broken toe is no reason to take time off any non manual job mate, so now they know you hate it there as well.
Dee
Dee avatar

12181 posts since 22/11/07

20 Jan 2011 10:43
Flexible time may help Stoney. I used to start and finish an hour early so the trains weren't so bad but it means early mornings if the commute is reasonably long. Plus side was that you get more time in the evenings.
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12174 posts since 7/3/05

20 Jan 2011 10:46
Couldn't face starting before 10 / 10:30am now just becasue of the commute really. 10 - 6pm is much better hours.
stoney
stoney avatar

17815 posts since 22/1/05

20 Jan 2011 10:53
I can get on the intranet from home, but im still learning the ropes as its a bit different from anything ive done before, ive told em ill be back on monday, @dee, i think flexible hours are on the cards, but their idea of flexible and mine are probably some way apart.
timmbo
timmbo avatar

3511 posts since 9/2/10

20 Jan 2011 12:34
best: to celebrate 250m passengers on virgin trains, got a pair of free first class return tickets to anywhere in the uk, so that's saved me a bundle for my next journey down south. unfortunately had to have a snap taken with the chief operating officer for a press release that will get put in the paper.
bestest: hinds head yesterday, without a doubt one of the best meals i've ever had. will put pics in the restaurant thread. made me want to go to the fat duck even more. anyone know how far in advance do you need to book to get a table usually?
InWonderland
InWonderland avatar

2662 posts since 8/2/07

20 Jan 2011 12:54
About 1 to 2 months in advance..
Shryke
Shryke avatar

49 posts since 11/5/09

20 Jan 2011 16:03
If you're not going to want to have conversations with a friend/phone calls on a long train journey, book in the quiet zone on trainline.com. It pretty much encompasses the best bit of first class - no noisy cunts.
mr.white
mr.white avatar

17101 posts since 10/7/04

20 Jan 2011 18:33
get kicked off the train if you speak or phones goes tho Sad
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

20 Jan 2011 18:41
best - coming up to 2 weeks completly dry.
worst - getting that alkey/junkie urge thats calling me so so so bad. dont know how im gonna get thru the weekend on lockdown.