General Discussion: best/worst


Show original post
quest
quest avatar

3663 posts since 11/7/11

8 Jun 2021 10:13
^can I ask how, I have to do this fairly soon
smith
smith avatar

11214 posts since 5/5/04

posted 8 Jun 2021 11:03, edited 8 Jun 2021 11:03
Sounds simple to me

UK travellers returning from "red list" countries are flying home via Turkey to avoid hefty hotel quarantine fees.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56984057
quest
quest avatar

3663 posts since 11/7/11

8 Jun 2021 11:13
fortnight in turkey Cool
smith
smith avatar

11214 posts since 5/5/04

8 Jun 2021 11:59
Just seen turkey moved to red list shortly after that article was published. Can't keep up Laughing out loud You'll most likely find yourself moved from amber to red whilst abroad the way this Government loves screwing us all over.
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1567 posts since 30/3/11

posted 8 Jun 2021 12:43, edited 8 Jun 2021 12:43
If this pandemic has shown anything, it's the selfishness, stupidity, recklessness and sense of entitlement of common folk.
gaffer
gaffer avatar

528 posts since 13/4/05

8 Jun 2021 14:24

^We've seen the very best and the very worst of humanity
quest
quest avatar

3663 posts since 11/7/11

8 Jun 2021 15:18
I can’t avoid traveling back to UK from red list country
Kingmob07
Kingmob07 avatar

9119 posts since 11/5/07

8 Jun 2021 19:27
ismvil wrote: Bro I've been back and forth to a red list country every month this year and have spent zero days in hotel quarantine just by using my brain once in a while, the whole system is a mess

Roll Eyes
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1650 posts since 16/9/11

posted 8 Jun 2021 21:04, edited 8 Jun 2021 21:04
Kingmob07 wrote:
ismvil wrote: Bro I've been back and forth to a red list country every month this year and have spent zero days in hotel quarantine just by using my brain once in a while, the whole system is a mess

Roll Eyes

Like Smith said it’s a case of choosing a non red country and spending 10 days on the way back there vs £1800 and sitting in a hotel room at Heathrow where you can’t leave your room. Then 10 days of self isolation when you get back to the U.K. and test to release on day 5. Just requires a bit of planning - it’s not brain surgery but yeah it’s a little more labour intensive than instant judgement and the eye roll emoji
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1650 posts since 16/9/11

8 Jun 2021 21:06
Also nothing about the way this traffic light system is being handled is really based on any kind of common or scientific sense, anyone who thinks Shapps & Hancock know what they’re doing needs a lobotomy.
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9502 posts since 17/7/05

posted 8 Jun 2021 22:23, edited 8 Jun 2021 22:23
Don’t understand why we don’t just have mandatory quarantine for all arrivals in the UK at a designated hotel. Ditch the traffic light system and make it that simple. If people want to go abroad they can and just pay the hotel quarantine bill. Can’t afford it? Well don’t travel then. Or introduce tiers, like 2 star hotels, 3 stars, etc. for those on a budget. Should see the one in Vietnam my mate had to quarantine in for £5 a night, was like a POW camp Laughing out loud

Other countries did/have done it with success, why can’t we? The whole we’re a transit hub is bullshit too. Hong Kong seem to manage just fine.
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20533 posts since 26/1/06

9 Jun 2021 11:07
Rirawin wrote: Other countries did/have done it with success, why can’t we?

British exceptionalism.™
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

924 posts since 26/11/07

9 Jun 2021 11:17
This^
Rez
Rez avatar

8596 posts since 5/4/09

9 Jun 2021 11:32
plenty of divs and racists to vote for them regardless of whether they try or not, so why bother
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

4989 posts since 26/9/09

9 Jun 2021 11:36
ismvil wrote: Bro I've been back and forth to a red list country every month this year and have spent zero days in hotel quarantine just by using my brain once in a while, the whole system is a mess

Go on… which country and in what way did you use your brain? I’m not particularly interested in hearing about a flawed system, about whether or not MP’s know what they’re doing etc however I am interested in hearing about what you’ve done
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1650 posts since 16/9/11

posted 9 Jun 2021 12:25, edited 9 Jun 2021 12:25
Before Bahrain went red I stopped over there for 10 days before coming back from Dubai, buy a single to bahrain via Dubai and a one way back from Bahrain to Heathrow - now it's red I'd probably do RAK / CMN, although they're restarting direct flights from the UAE this week so it may be that it's coming off the red list next, who knows. As it's work I have out there, not going wasn't an option per se, neither was staying at the LHR Radisson for 10 days on the way back either.

sydneyking wrote:
ismvil wrote: Bro I've been back and forth to a red list country every month this year and have spent zero days in hotel quarantine just by using my brain once in a while, the whole system is a mess

Go on… which country and in what way did you use your brain? I’m not particularly interested in hearing about a flawed system, about whether or not MP’s know what they’re doing etc however I am interested in hearing about what you’ve done
swede
swede avatar

9620 posts since 21/3/09

9 Jun 2021 12:40
Cool alpha as fuck. fair play king
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2872 posts since 30/11/09

15 Jun 2021 09:39
Bad luck in 3s.

Bad: Fine for driving in Bus/taxi lane in Brighton
Worse: Blown tyre on Camper Van
Worst: Cat has fought another cat and has a burst abcess on her leg. At least she is on the mend.

FFS. Laughing out loud
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1419 posts since 1/7/09

15 Jun 2021 14:36
ismvil wrote:
sydneyking wrote: Bro I've been back and forth to a red list country every month this year and have spent zero days in hotel quarantine just by using my brain once in a while, the whole system is a mess

Go on… which country and in what way did you use your brain? I’m not particularly interested in hearing about a flawed system, about whether or not MP’s know what they’re doing etc however I am interested in hearing about what you’ve done

ismvil wrote: Before Bahrain went red I stopped over there for 10 days before coming back from Dubai, buy a single to bahrain via Dubai and a one way back from Bahrain to Heathrow - now it's red I'd probably do RAK / CMN, although they're restarting direct flights from the UAE this week so it may be that it's coming off the red list next, who knows. As it's work I have out there, not going wasn't an option per se, neither was staying at the LHR Radisson for 10 days on the way back either.

You Instagram famous?
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1650 posts since 16/9/11

15 Jun 2021 15:17
swiftus wrote:
ismvil wrote:
sydneyking wrote: Bro I've been back and forth to a red list country every month this year and have spent zero days in hotel quarantine just by using my brain once in a while, the whole system is a mess

Go on… which country and in what way did you use your brain? I’m not particularly interested in hearing about a flawed system, about whether or not MP’s know what they’re doing etc however I am interested in hearing about what you’ve done

ismvil wrote: Before Bahrain went red I stopped over there for 10 days before coming back from Dubai, buy a single to bahrain via Dubai and a one way back from Bahrain to Heathrow - now it's red I'd probably do RAK / CMN, although they're restarting direct flights from the UAE this week so it may be that it's coming off the red list next, who knows. As it's work I have out there, not going wasn't an option per se, neither was staying at the LHR Radisson for 10 days on the way back either.

You Instagram famous?

Definitely not