Random Questions: BRISTOL


Show original post
deuce
deuce avatar

13667 posts since 21/1/08

4 May 2014 14:43
http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/theres-a-giant-water-slide-in-the-middle-of-bristol-right-no
swede
swede avatar

7942 posts since 21/3/09

4 May 2014 16:06
went and saw it earlier. bit slow at the top but the fatties seemed to get a decent amount of speed towards the bottom
carlos
carlos avatar

940 posts since 20/1/08

5 Jul 2014 11:40
Might be old news but there's a new Carharrt store opening next door to fiftyfifty. Be worth a look in every now and again.
2925mark
2925mark avatar

1998 posts since 18/10/07

4 Aug 2014 19:42
Recommendations for lunch please? Range of options would be nice. Somewhere walking distance from the College Green would be ideal. Thanks…
burny
burny avatar

5788 posts since 25/5/06

4 Aug 2014 19:49
The Ox on corn street for steak.

St Nicks for street esq food.

Small bar on King street for good beer and burger.

There's a Jamie up Park street.

RiverStation for fresh(ish) fish and seasonal stuff.

Likewise, Brasserie Blanc, but I'm not of fan of it.

To be honest, there's shit loads at the moment, especially if you wanted to venture a little further. Stokes Croft has lots available for instance.
2925mark
2925mark avatar

1998 posts since 18/10/07

4 Aug 2014 19:51
Thanks, Burny. I have read your previous recommendations on earlier pages but places change. Appreciate the quick reply
burny
burny avatar

5788 posts since 25/5/06

4 Aug 2014 19:51
Residence of Totterdown did this, properly in Perretts Park the other weekend. In a purpose f'you to the council who ruined the park street one with too many health and safety rules. Was epic, but little girl broke her arm so had to stop. Laughing out loud
gkitch
gkitch avatar

72 posts since 30/6/11

4 Aug 2014 22:09
Bells Diner @2925mark Amazing selection of spanish/north african (Amongst others) small plates, Just off stokes croft serious recomendation
swede
swede avatar

7942 posts since 21/3/09

4 Aug 2014 22:30
havent tried that bell's diner. sounds like its worth a look in
swede
swede avatar

7942 posts since 21/3/09

4 Aug 2014 22:33
round park st way i always grab mission burrito for lunch. so on point
deuce
deuce avatar

13667 posts since 21/1/08

4 Aug 2014 22:35
burny wrote: Residence of Totterdown did this, properly in Perretts Park the other weekend. In a purpose f'you to the council who ruined the park street one with too many health and safety rules. Was epic, but little girl broke her arm so had to stop. Laughing out loud
Laughing out loud perrets park is an animal, sister went down on a tarpaulin years back and wrapped her leg around a bin at the bottom
deuce
deuce avatar

13667 posts since 21/1/08

4 Aug 2014 22:36
In the snow obvs
burny
burny avatar

5788 posts since 25/5/06

5 Aug 2014 06:44
swede wrote: havent tried that bell's diner. sounds like its worth a look in

It's great, especially now it's a bistro and not a restaurant. As is Poco near by, but may be a bit of a walk for Mark.
burny
burny avatar

5788 posts since 25/5/06

5 Aug 2014 06:46
deuce wrote:
burny wrote: Residence of Totterdown did this, properly in Perretts Park the other weekend. In a purpose f'you to the council who ruined the park street one with too many health and safety rules. Was epic, but little girl broke her arm so had to stop. Laughing out loud
Laughing out loud perrets park is an animal, sister went down on a tarpaulin years back and wrapped her leg around a bin at the bottom

Your aunts street party soon, ain't it? Going to get amongst it this year, loads of new faces have moved in recently.
swede
swede avatar

7942 posts since 21/3/09

5 Aug 2014 08:15
unmeet?
deuce
deuce avatar

13667 posts since 21/1/08

5 Aug 2014 08:26
when is it?
Double D
Double D avatar

3552 posts since 8/3/07

5 Aug 2014 09:54
burny wrote: There's a Jamie up Park street.
Fuck that overpriced oversalted shit, keep walking until you get to Al Bacio on Queen's Road.
Nick.
Nick. avatar

3382 posts since 11/9/09

5 Aug 2014 10:27
The Clifton Sausage if you want seriously good food. Not near college green but it's only a fiver for a cab
burny
burny avatar

5788 posts since 25/5/06

5 Aug 2014 10:45
swede wrote: unmeet?
deuce wrote: when is it?

I've no idea. It's usually a weekend in August, Bank Holiday maybe?

baggysmalls on here will know, he lives round the corner from me.
Birdman
Birdman avatar

1351 posts since 10/3/10

5 Aug 2014 10:45
Hadn't heard of Clifton Sausage - looks OP and pretty reasonable for good food in Clifton.