General Discussion: The Pubs And Bars Thread.


Show original post
shego
shego avatar

1581 posts since 11/12/07

16 Feb 2013 22:30
I agree - good pub!
blackbeltjones
blackbeltjones avatar

416 posts since 4/2/12

16 Feb 2013 23:42
amersham arms in new cross was decent 2-3 years ago, what's it like now?
smith
smith avatar

10945 posts since 5/5/04

17 Feb 2013 00:09
I went there for a pint as well and it was packed. Not expensive either and still a decent boozer.

Wanted to go to the bunker club, but it was closed so ended up in the venue. Hadn't been in 10 years and it hasn't changed one bit Laughing out loud

I miss living down there and having Blackheath, Greenwich, Deptford and New Cross all on my doorstep

Lewisham, Charlton and Woolwich not so much Sticking out tongue
Foxtrot
Foxtrot avatar

2476 posts since 8/4/09

29 Mar 2013 13:14
any decent pubs/bars in and around the clapham common area? Im acting as wingman for a mate tonight, which should be interesting.
NigelBenn
NigelBenn avatar

4270 posts since 6/2/08

29 Mar 2013 13:50
going out in Kingston tonight - anywhere recommended?
Nick.
Nick. avatar

3382 posts since 11/9/09

31 Mar 2013 11:55
friday night was: the antelope in tooting. nice pub with a good mix of people.


Then gordons for cheese and wine. all the london heads probably know this place but i'd definitely recommend it, awesome interior and good vibes.


Then onto the porterhouse. again, crazy interior. that places seems to just keep on going, endless rooms/levels.
Onto El Camion for some late dinner (serve mexican food until pretty late, we must have been eating at about 11) Then downstairs for cocktails. Word of advice, if you get there and its quiet don't leave because it'll get a lot busier. later on you'll need a members card or something but we managed to talk our way in. we left after one drink to crawl around soho but we shouldn't have because we went back later and it was rammed. stayed until closing and got what seemed like the world's longest fucking bus journey back to tooting.
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14381 posts since 21/2/07

25 Apr 2013 13:07
I want a pub / bar that does good but cheap spirits/cocktails etc (nothing very fancy) in central, I generally only drink beer so not that sure on 'proper' booze prices. Where shall I go?
stelfox
stelfox avatar

8488 posts since 11/3/09

25 Apr 2013 13:58
Nick. wrote: Onto El Camion for some late dinner (serve mexican food until pretty late, we must have been eating at about 11) Then downstairs for cocktails. Word of advice, if you get there and its quiet don't leave because it'll get a lot busier. later on you'll need a members card or something but we managed to talk our way in. we left after one drink to crawl around soho but we shouldn't have because we went back later and it was rammed. stayed until closing and got what seemed like the world's longest fucking bus journey back to tooting.

The food in el camion (aside from semi-passable nachos) is fucking terrible. The bar downstairs is alright, you're right it gets really busy and does a job for the night. I've never been asked for a member's card though.
Mookie_blaylock
Mookie_blaylock avatar

1612 posts since 19/7/06

25 Apr 2013 14:41
DuffMan wrote: I want a pub / bar that does good but cheap spirits/cocktails etc (nothing very fancy) in central, I generally only drink beer so not that sure on 'proper' booze prices. Where shall I go?

Frevd is good for cheap cocktails
https://plus.google.com/103972319035399094730/about?gl=uk&hl;=en
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14381 posts since 21/2/07

26 Apr 2013 11:54
Freud did the trick, good shout mookie Ubercool
hate
hate avatar

1573 posts since 4/1/12

26 Apr 2013 12:32
Nick. wrote:
whats the jacket in the backround please?
pops
pops avatar

4152 posts since 2/9/09

12 Jun 2013 20:03
Brewdog shoreditch any good ? by which i mean reasonably free of hipster twaterry ?
cutandpaste
cutandpaste avatar

585 posts since 11/6/10

7 Aug 2013 22:22
Good bar for a date in East London on a weekday? Maybe somewhere that has outdoor seating?

Generally go out in Soho or South myself, so not to hot on decent places.
kid unknown
kid unknown avatar

5403 posts since 8/12/01

8 Aug 2013 09:50
fuker approved pub around oxford circus/soho/carnaby for a lunchtime pint and decent burger?

cheers
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2273 posts since 30/11/09

8 Aug 2013 10:09
Don't know about a pint but isn't there a burger bar around the corner from Bar Italia?
selkiefolk
selkiefolk avatar

422 posts since 27/3/13

8 Aug 2013 12:24
Soho Diner has just opened - haven't been yet but part of the Electric Diner, Dean St Townhouse etc www.sohodiner.com
kid unknown
kid unknown avatar

5403 posts since 8/12/01

8 Aug 2013 12:37
soho diner looks promising but was thinking of more of a pub
Garscube
Garscube avatar

35 posts since 9/5/07

8 Aug 2013 12:42
Try the lyric on Great Windmill Street. Good selection of beer on Cask and Keg.
DELFOR
DELFOR avatar

345 posts since 10/2/09

8 Aug 2013 15:43
Any suggestions around baker st/marylebone
kid unknown
kid unknown avatar

5403 posts since 8/12/01

8 Aug 2013 21:59
Garscube wrote: Try the lyric on Great Windmill Street. Good selection of beer on Cask and Keg.

cheers