General Discussion: Covid


Show original post
Sholto
Sholto avatar

830 posts since 25/12/12

22 Dec 2021 09:12
I had moderna booster Monday eve. Headaches, body aches and wooziness/mild nausea all day yesterday.
My sleep last night was interrupted with those kinda fever dreams where nothing makes sense and keep repeating.
Still feel the same symptoms today as yesterday, hope this is the last of it. Still worth it imo
MrW
MrW avatar

3141 posts since 1/8/11

22 Dec 2021 09:31
ODB wrote: Sad Had 2x AZ, Pfizer booster yesterday and its kicked fuk out me

Had the same combo, plus had Covid end of last month. Had my booster on Sunday, felt like I'd been hit like a truck all day Monday, ached all over & headache - felt worse than when I had actual Covid. Was totally back to normal by Tuesday lunchtime.
ODB
ODB avatar

3628 posts since 21/6/06

22 Dec 2021 10:51
good to hear
darko
darko avatar

1083 posts since 4/10/12

22 Dec 2021 11:01
3 x Pfizer here

First one had a massive dead arm and chills, second was fine and third had a slight dead arm again. Sorry to hear about the bad side effect gang, myocarditis sounds scary
Rez
Rez avatar

8997 posts since 5/4/09

22 Dec 2021 11:58
-DiscoTits- wrote: What did you get? I ended up with myocarditis with the second dose of Moderna. I am very nervous about getting a booster now as I still am not feeling right. I’ve been told I might well be able to ask for the Pfizer instead. No doubt these vaccines work for reducing chances of death and help to reduce SOME transmission but there’s definite issues with these MRNA ones. Not trying to put anyone off but it does need said.

Yo I had a really bad reaction to second dose moderna too - chest pains and shortness of breath, was pretty freaked out at the time - then a week or so of feeling absolutely awful. Could well have been myocarditis but don't want to self diagnose.

I phoned around some local pharmacies and found which had pfizer and just did a walk in for my booster. Felt completely different, very little side effects, just a bit of a brain fog, didnt even get a dead arm.
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3612 posts since 21/2/10

posted 22 Dec 2021 14:08, edited 22 Dec 2021 14:08
gbh-h wrote: isn't the point that worst case sage models are being used to dictate public policy regardless of their probability? look at the disparity between actual outcomes vs. predictions below, and you wonder why so many conflate manipulative governance with good faith science.

https://data.spectator.co.uk/category/sage-scenarios

i agree with swede that lockdown doesn't strike me as the preferred outcome as it's an economic disaster, nor do johnson & co. give a fuck about anything but self preservation (see: "let the bodies pile high" etc.), but is using scary numbers a good tactic to drive vaccination rates up and cover their arses from yet another disaster? probably.

vaccine passports aren't here (domestically) until negative lateral flow tests aren't accepted as an alternative for proof of vaccination, but let's see how that one develop; if the vaccine does wane over time, surely you'd need a booster every [x] months anyway, and i struggle to see 1. many younger people having it beyond this 3rd dose, at least regularly and 2. how certain industries would function in light of 1. all that to say, unless there is some data cash grab at play i don't see much benefit in ever not allowing people to show proof of a negative test.

Interesting thread on the sage modelling and that Spectator link (click through to read the whole thing)

Summary seems to be that the Spectator and others are cherry picking data to form a very specific narrative rather than reporting on all the data as it has been supplied.



Edit: Another one worth reading. A lot of people in here keep bringing up the issue of the "worst case scenario" - this might help with why.

staygold
staygold avatar

5096 posts since 21/11/05

posted 22 Dec 2021 14:24, edited 22 Dec 2021 14:24
Had Pfizer first 2 and moderna booster and no side effects apart from a dead arm with all of them. I wanted Moderna as I read that was the best booster if you had Pfizer first so found a walk in that had it
gbh-h
gbh-h avatar

1521 posts since 4/4/13

22 Dec 2021 14:59
nothingelseworked wrote:
gbh-h wrote: isn't the point that worst case sage models are being used to dictate public policy regardless of their probability? look at the disparity between actual outcomes vs. predictions below, and you wonder why so many conflate manipulative governance with good faith science.

https://data.spectator.co.uk/category/sage-scenarios

i agree with swede that lockdown doesn't strike me as the preferred outcome as it's an economic disaster, nor do johnson & co. give a fuck about anything but self preservation (see: "let the bodies pile high" etc.), but is using scary numbers a good tactic to drive vaccination rates up and cover their arses from yet another disaster? probably.

vaccine passports aren't here (domestically) until negative lateral flow tests aren't accepted as an alternative for proof of vaccination, but let's see how that one develop; if the vaccine does wane over time, surely you'd need a booster every [x] months anyway, and i struggle to see 1. many younger people having it beyond this 3rd dose, at least regularly and 2. how certain industries would function in light of 1. all that to say, unless there is some data cash grab at play i don't see much benefit in ever not allowing people to show proof of a negative test.

Interesting thread on the sage modelling and that Spectator link (click through to read the whole thing)

Summary seems to be that the Spectator and others are cherry picking data to form a very specific narrative rather than reporting on all the data as it has been supplied.



Edit: Another one worth reading. A lot of people in here keep bringing up the issue of the "worst case scenario" - this might help with why.


interesting, thanks. the first thread in particular does paint a different picture with the added nuance and extended timescale, however my wider point was that these unlikely scenarios have been routinely misrepresented, not 'sage don't have a scooby'. no beef with the forecasts themselves, it's how they're used to communicate and justify policy that is jarring.

boosted today with pfizer, soreish arm but that's it.
MerciBeau
MerciBeau avatar

4444 posts since 7/7/06

26 Dec 2021 14:44
Got the omicron and it ain’t so bad, started feeling shitty Xmas eve and felt rough a bit yesterday - anyone had it know how long the symptoms last? Hoping today isn’t a false dawn
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7399 posts since 5/6/07

26 Dec 2021 16:35
Have felt a bit off after 3rd Pfizer. Heart feels a bit jumpy with slight shortness of breath and been feeling generally run down. I don’t think it’s anything seriously wrong but I have been weary in the gym of not overdoing it
LFC
LFC avatar

6044 posts since 14/6/11

21 Jan 2022 19:31
https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathsandautopsiesfeb2020todec2021?fbclid=IwAR27zPlp5dvSgZIbuWO2oaEnP9xWLIpJaikFTHGHiGFPLbF9ifqxTHAb_qk

Is this right? This is what they’ve shut the country down for and made everyone get jabs?
Rez
Rez avatar

8997 posts since 5/4/09

21 Jan 2022 19:40
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
figurine
figurine avatar

6215 posts since 14/5/07

21 Jan 2022 19:46
https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathswherecovid19wasmentionedonthedeathcertificate

COVID-19 is the underlying cause of death in around 92% of deaths where it was mentioned on the death certificate.

If someone dies from acute respiratory distress syndrome caused by Covid their death cert will mention both. I don't think there are many instances in which someone will die from Covid without it causing other issues that would be mentioned on a death certificate.
lowfields
lowfields avatar

115 posts since 21/11/10

21 Jan 2022 20:02
Ever get the feeling you'be been cheated? - John Lydon 1978
RickRude
RickRude avatar

4202 posts since 13/1/12

21 Jan 2022 20:29
Nice to see Macrons measures really working in France. Same in Israel too.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

2076 posts since 15/12/12

posted 21 Jan 2022 20:41, edited 21 Jan 2022 20:41
RickRude wrote: Nice to see Macrons measures really working in France. Same in Israel too.

Oh yeah the more boosters (or threat of) and restrictions the higher the amount of cases…. Working a treat.
LFC
LFC avatar

6044 posts since 14/6/11

posted 21 Jan 2022 21:02, edited 21 Jan 2022 21:02

What do you feel when you read and see this type of thing from consultants?

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-sajid-javid-directly-challenged-on-mandatory-coronavirus-jabs-by-unvaccinated-nhs-doctor-12511224
Rez
Rez avatar

8997 posts since 5/4/09

21 Jan 2022 21:15
???

Have you realised why what you posted wasn't what you thought it meant yet?
figurine
figurine avatar

6215 posts since 14/5/07

21 Jan 2022 21:27

https://fullfact.org/health/sky-news-covid-sajid-javid-doctor/

A consultant anaesthetist isn't an expert in immunology.
LFC
LFC avatar

6044 posts since 14/6/11

21 Jan 2022 21:34
Rez wrote: ???

Have you realised why what you posted wasn't what you thought it meant yet?

I asked if it was right?