General Discussion: customs fuckers


Show original post
Sholto
Sholto avatar

814 posts since 25/12/12

11 Apr 2022 12:36
jplxx wrote: Fuck just bought something from someone from malaysia and they marked the price down and DHL just emailed me saying they won’t release it until I prove how much I paid for it with a screenshot. Anyone had this? How will I get around it? Bastards.
I guess you paid online? Dm me, I think I might have a solution.
jplxx
jplxx avatar

2220 posts since 3/11/09

11 Apr 2022 12:52
swede wrote:
jplxx wrote: Fuck just bought something from someone from malaysia and they marked the price down and DHL just emailed me saying they won’t release it until I prove how much I paid for it with a screenshot. Anyone had this? How will I get around it? Bastards.

could fuck the future of mark downs. This is serious business. Destroy our livelihoods lol.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3639 posts since 29/5/05

11 Apr 2022 13:13
just photoshop it?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

2002 posts since 15/12/12

11 Apr 2022 13:32
Why not just admit to them you tried to game the system and avoid paying tax? Which is illegal isn’t it?

You want the rain, you gotta deal with the mud too.
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7357 posts since 5/6/07

11 Apr 2022 13:41
Just do a PayPal invoice from a mate then refund it after
phelen
phelen avatar

6752 posts since 16/8/06

posted 11 Apr 2022 16:28, edited 11 Apr 2022 16:28
fudge.dredd wrote: Why not just admit to them you tried to game the system and avoid paying tax? Which is illegal isn’t it?

You want the rain, you gotta deal with the mud too.

WTF is Fudge making sense here out of everyone.

EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7357 posts since 5/6/07

posted 12 Apr 2022 06:49, edited 12 Apr 2022 06:49
Imagine giving a fuck Laughing out loud
Little people crying with guilt about trying to avoid some little tariff whilst Rishi and Co are taking the piss
phelen
phelen avatar

6752 posts since 16/8/06

14 Apr 2022 21:58
EssexBoyII wrote: Imagine giving a fuck Laughing out loud
Little people crying with guilt about trying to avoid some little tariff whilst Rishi and Co are taking the piss

Nah its in the past I did something like this, faked an invoice and got fucked up by customs. Bang up job on Photoshop too, but they can easily research said items and tell if you're taking the piss.
jplxx
jplxx avatar

2220 posts since 3/11/09

14 Apr 2022 22:07
I just sent them the real invoice and it got delivered by DHL with no fee. They aren’t one of these ones that send the customs fee invoice later on?
jplxx
jplxx avatar

2220 posts since 3/11/09

14 Apr 2022 22:09
Dhl from Malaysia sent Monday and arrived today wild. 1st class Royal Mail staying in the U.K. took 8 days for me to send something 2 week back.
MattC
MattC avatar

883 posts since 20/3/12

15 Apr 2022 06:54
DHL held my parcel till I paid tax so you might have managed to luck out there
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3468 posts since 30/11/09

16 Apr 2022 12:39
jplxx wrote: I just sent them the real invoice and it got delivered by DHL with no fee. They aren’t one of these ones that send the customs fee invoice later on?
I think they may do but you may be OK. I hear they are getting hot on things though.