General Discussion: Cycling


Show original post
lenard
lenard avatar

99 posts since 25/1/07

15 Sep 2008 10:53

just got this bike from auto jumble, anyone know how much its worth, what date its from stuff like that??
guffer
guffer avatar

8474 posts since 28/5/04

15 Sep 2008 11:02
80s at a guess. worth not a lot
andydavidleeroth
andydavidleeroth avatar

1691 posts since 30/11/03

15 Sep 2008 12:47
probably not worth loads, but looks nice. what chainset does it have?

they dont make them like they used to, at least not for people with more sense than money.
Mate
Mate avatar

3685 posts since 15/4/07

17 Sep 2008 00:03
Want one of these asap..


But Evans are out of stock, anywhere else in/around London or Leeds to pick one up?

+ do they do matching Bianchi green straight handle bars?
Seaside
Seaside avatar

63 posts since 16/9/08

17 Sep 2008 00:06
what size?
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

17 Sep 2008 00:07
whats the significance of this username this time dan?
Seaside
Seaside avatar

63 posts since 16/9/08

17 Sep 2008 00:11
not a clue, dunno why i got banned, i didnt do anything wrong, and first of all, i got banned for a maggot leg pic, and andy posts someone coming in a shoe and its fine, ive emailed anyone to do with fuk and not had a reply

anyway, move on, maybe i can help Mate here what with my cycling knowlegde,
andydavidleeroth
andydavidleeroth avatar

1691 posts since 30/11/03

17 Sep 2008 00:12
Mate wrote: + do they do matching Bianchi green straight handle bars?

surely thats defeating the whole point of having a racer?
that bike has been designed with a certain body position in mind. everything about it is perfectly set up to ride in the drops.
Mate
Mate avatar

3685 posts since 15/4/07

17 Sep 2008 01:17
Laughing out loud What the fuck is 'riding the drops'?! I just wanna coast in my matching CM's Cool

Dan you cunt, I didn't know they came in different sizes (yes cyclenoob) do I need to check my fitz at a proper store?
andydavidleeroth
andydavidleeroth avatar

1691 posts since 30/11/03

17 Sep 2008 01:42
what i mean is that if you dont want to use dropped handlebars, you dont want a racer.
as soon as you are sitting upright, you have completely fucked up the body positioning etc that makes the bike so good

there are straight bar bianchis that are designed to be ridden upright. they have straight bars and the frame dimensions to compensate.
Seaside
Seaside avatar

63 posts since 16/9/08

17 Sep 2008 02:51
Mate wrote: Laughing out loud What the fuck is 'riding the drops'?! I just wanna coast in my matching CM's Cool

Dan you cunt, I didn't know they came in different sizes (yes cyclenoob) do I need to check my fitz at a proper store?

how tall are you?
Dee
Dee avatar

11588 posts since 22/11/07

17 Sep 2008 08:32
Mate wrote: Want one of these asap..


But Evans are out of stock, anywhere else in/around London or Leeds to pick one up?

+ do they do matching Bianchi green straight handle bars?


There is a Bianchi dealer down the road in Croydon.

http://www.gbcycles.co.uk/

I have been thinking about another bike and still not sure whether 12 miles is too much to cycle to work (croydon - west end), and then whether to get another hard tail MTB ( thinking pace) or a roadie like that bean n' cheese.

Is 12 miles commute too much + London roads?
burny
burny avatar

5874 posts since 25/5/06

17 Sep 2008 08:52
Laughing out loud no point what-so-ever putting straight handle bars on that bike.

But if you had too you could try asking here;
http://www.hubjub.co.uk/
They'd probably laugh at you tho…
guffer
guffer avatar

8474 posts since 28/5/04

17 Sep 2008 09:53
Stanleyboy wrote: Is 12 miles commute too much + London roads?

each way? depends on what shape you are in. for most people it will be too much
D4N
D4N avatar

3070 posts since 27/9/06

17 Sep 2008 19:00
12 miles each way would be an absolute mission!
Oh and i got that exact bike coming saturday mate Cool
Mate
Mate avatar

3685 posts since 15/4/07

17 Sep 2008 19:02
You planning on riding some mad crazy drop ins?
D4N
D4N avatar

3070 posts since 27/9/06

17 Sep 2008 19:04
Fuck yeah
Dee
Dee avatar

11588 posts since 22/11/07

17 Sep 2008 19:12
guffer wrote:
Stanleyboy wrote: Is 12 miles commute too much + London roads?

each way? depends on what shape you are in. for most people it will be too much


yep each way. I reckon an hour each way, which is about the same time on train, door to door etc. I used to do a lot of miles (proly around 80-100) per week 16/17 years ago on mtb's. Was a long time ago though.

My main concern is the traffic down here, too many bloody foreigners with no license/insurance an all round inconsiderate bastards - that, the winter weather and traffic lights!

I am trying to get our company to do the government cycle to work scheme so I can get a free bike. I think it's a fair whack what you can get them to give you to buy a new bike. The company claim it back as tax relief and usually the bike becomes yours after a year or so.
haz
haz avatar

4334 posts since 7/1/04

17 Sep 2008 21:05
Stanleyboy wrote:
guffer wrote:
Stanleyboy wrote: Is 12 miles commute too much + London roads?

each way? depends on what shape you are in. for most people it will be too much


yep each way. I reckon an hour each way, which is about the same time on train, door to door etc. I used to do a lot of miles (proly around 80-100) per week 16/17 years ago on mtb's. Was a long time ago though.

My main concern is the traffic down here, too many bloody foreigners with no license/insurance an all round inconsiderate bastards - that, the winter weather and traffic lights!

I am trying to get our company to do the government cycle to work scheme so I can get a free bike. I think it's a fair whack what you can get them to give you to buy a new bike. The company claim it back as tax relief and usually the bike becomes yours after a year or so.

Loads of people used to smash 8-10 miles of hills on the way to work where I used to work…I'd say its doable
Seaside
Seaside avatar

63 posts since 16/9/08

18 Sep 2008 08:06
burny wrote: Laughing out loud no point what-so-ever putting straight handle bars on that bike.

why not? bet he wont use the drop section