Archive: THE DENIM THREAD-All denim related questions etc in here please


Show original post
Nick.
Nick. avatar

3382 posts since 11/9/09

14 Sep 2011 19:41
it was 8 quid at a local tailor for a pair of chinos to have a new zip
staygold
staygold avatar

4991 posts since 21/11/05

14 Sep 2011 19:59
Cheers someone is trying to tell me it's £20 to put a new one on a pair of jeans
schtoop
schtoop avatar

12936 posts since 9/4/07

14 Sep 2011 21:48
aitch wrote: I had a raw pair of 47' 501s not so long ago and they stretched out as much as my APCs.
cheers
india
india avatar

5661 posts since 31/10/05

14 Sep 2011 22:18
whats the problem with the zip? puller broken or teeth missing/not lining up?
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

14 Sep 2011 22:31
nickball wrote: it was 8 quid at a local tailor for a pair of chinos to have a new zip
what country was that in, cambodia??
its 8 quid to clean a pair of fucking trews where i come from.
no way can you get a zip done for that (is there)
got to be a score, got to be.
staygold
staygold avatar

4991 posts since 21/11/05

14 Sep 2011 22:34
india wrote: whats the problem with the zip? puller broken or teeth missing/not lining up?
Teeth missing/not lining up apparently
Sneaker52
Sneaker52 avatar

7143 posts since 2/11/06

14 Sep 2011 22:41
Dee wrote: who on here had some jeans taken in on the waist (visvim) and did it work out alright? seen some sale denim but a size too big
As Nobes said, it was me. Absolutely perfect, no problems whatsoever, done by the Denim Doc.
india
india avatar

5661 posts since 31/10/05

14 Sep 2011 22:45
ok, sometimes they just say they need to replace zip but its only puller what's broken or the stopper at the bottom has been damaged or something.
shouldnt be more than a tenner really.
Dee
Dee avatar

11032 posts since 22/11/07

14 Sep 2011 22:56
cheers noble/52 ^
gawkrodger
gawkrodger avatar

7476 posts since 4/11/08

14 Sep 2011 23:16
agreed with Noble. £20 seems most reasonable to myself. I had a zip replaced on the right sleeve of a perfecto style leather and it cost £22 if I remember correctly
india
india avatar

5661 posts since 31/10/05

14 Sep 2011 23:18
leather and denim and cuff and fly are different things.
bet he could get it done for a fiver. paying 20 quid for a cuff zip is a rip off. what was wrong with the cuff zip?
schtoop
schtoop avatar

12936 posts since 9/4/07

15 Sep 2011 22:20
schtoop wrote:
aitch wrote: I had a raw pair of 47' 501s not so long ago and they stretched out as much as my APCs.
cheers
do you remember how much mate? i tried a pair of size 32 505's today and they fitted fine but there was a little room… and then they'd stretch

my fully stretched out apc's in 31 fit poifect
brodie
brodie avatar

6717 posts since 15/10/05

15 Sep 2011 22:23
Noble Locks wrote:
nickball wrote: it was 8 quid at a local tailor for a pair of chinos to have a new zip
what country was that in, cambodia??
its 8 quid to clean a pair of fucking trews where i come from.
no way can you get a zip done for that (is there)
got to be a score, got to be.

£8 from the polish ladies in nottinghams


Trent
Trent avatar

1817 posts since 18/1/09

16 Sep 2011 12:18
Picked up another repair from the Denim Doctor this week. He repaired a crotch blow plus some holes, he managed to turn them round for me in 24 hours as I was only in Manchester for a few days. Cool Great job, I'll post some pics over the weekend if I get a chance.
aitch
aitch avatar

8921 posts since 19/8/07

16 Sep 2011 12:31
schtoop wrote:
schtoop wrote:
aitch wrote: I had a raw pair of 47' 501s not so long ago and they stretched out as much as my APCs.
cheers
do you remember how much mate? i tried a pair of size 32 505's today and they fitted fine but there was a little room… and then they'd stretch

my fully stretched out apc's in 31 fit poifect

A good 2/3", they were the rigids from 09 iirc. The 501s I bought were a perfect fit, and they they stretched out a lot, pretty much everywhere as well Laughing out loud Having bought them again I would have gone for a 31" and I'm a 32" in APC.
figurine
figurine avatar

5565 posts since 14/5/07

18 Sep 2011 21:32
Would Edwin ED-39s be a similar, but not as slim, fit to Dior 19s?
schtoop
schtoop avatar

12936 posts since 9/4/07

19 Sep 2011 14:15
aitch wrote:
schtoop wrote:
schtoop wrote:
aitch wrote: I had a raw pair of 47' 501s not so long ago and they stretched out as much as my APCs.
cheers
do you remember how much mate? i tried a pair of size 32 505's today and they fitted fine but there was a little room… and then they'd stretch

my fully stretched out apc's in 31 fit poifect

A good 2/3", they were the rigids from 09 iirc. The 501s I bought were a perfect fit, and they they stretched out a lot, pretty much everywhere as well Laughing out loud Having bought them again I would have gone for a 31" and I'm a 32" in APC.

fucking hell so i'd need a 30 since i'm a 31 in apc…

where else in east london stocks lvc apart from three threads?
aitch
aitch avatar

8921 posts since 19/8/07

19 Sep 2011 14:21
Cinch near Carnaby?

Edit: Beaten.

They're pretty friendly in Cinch though, definitely recommend them.
rural
rural avatar

17497 posts since 26/9/06

19 Sep 2011 14:21
schtoop wrote: where else in east london stocks lvc apart from three threads?

Does it have to be East London only? because Cinch off Carnaby St (LVC official shop) has by far the best selection.
rural
rural avatar

17497 posts since 26/9/06

19 Sep 2011 14:22
yeah