General Discussion: ebay & paypal queries and questions thread...post anything you need to know in hurr


Show original post
Hi-Definition
Hi-Definition avatar

1703 posts since 6/12/08

22 Dec 2009 22:24
It's because my dads a fussy bugger. Got him lots of other stuff but he really just buys old coins and stuff on ebay and they dont do gift vouchers. Otherwise yes, it would be ridiculous.

Anyone?
AAA
AAA avatar

10012 posts since 15/12/02

22 Dec 2009 22:25
And its for your Dad. Even worse mate!

Sorry though, theres no way to schedule sending money like that
Hi-Definition
Hi-Definition avatar

1703 posts since 6/12/08

22 Dec 2009 22:26
Ah well, more books and chocolates it is then Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
velvet
velvet avatar

9513 posts since 12/6/06

24 Dec 2009 22:39
can someone do me a favour on ebay, it's only asking the seller measurements for something
loom
loom avatar

1444 posts since 2/6/07

30 Dec 2009 17:31
I'm about to buy something from solestop on ebay - he's done me a deal and wants me to send the cash via paypal as 'personal - other'.

I'm pretty sure he's legit but just wanted to check that theres nothing dodgy about paying that way? I guess it just cuts fees or something.
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

30 Dec 2009 17:33
sellers good as gold. just do it.
loom
loom avatar

1444 posts since 2/6/07

30 Dec 2009 17:37
'preciate as always. It's more of an 'impossible is nothing' scenario mind Eye-wink
bill
bill avatar

4905 posts since 5/8/09

30 Dec 2009 22:04
I'm one of those people who doesn't really pay attention to my credit card statement and just assume everything is alright. On the same token, I've been with ebay for a long long time and only this week realised they're charging now 10% final value fee + 3.4% pay pal fee's. Evil

6thEdition
6thEdition avatar

5882 posts since 7/3/08

7 Jan 2010 21:19
i can't pay for anything over paypal

i had a limit of £1700 i take it this must be a yearly thing, so i verified it, ot the two figures sent to my account, entered them, then entered details about me… and my limit has gone so i presume i have none.

then about half an hour later i try to send money over paypal it tells me that sending £60 is more than my sending limit and i need to link a debit or credit card

i go to the add card bit nd try to link card.. and it just tells me that my cards are already linked choose another card.

so i'm stuck.. any ideas?
AAA
AAA avatar

10012 posts since 15/12/02

7 Jan 2010 23:28
Just been limited by paypal Evil

Complete the steps listed on this page to initiate a review of the limitations
Provide Invoices
Supplier Contact Info

To lift limitation



I dont have either of these. Anyone know what I can do? Dan maybe?
inversesquare
inversesquare avatar

6663 posts since 7/6/08

8 Jan 2010 10:31
I'm trying to send a small amount of money to someone on here. Paypal says "Your card issuer refused this payment"
There's plenty money in the account.
I tried to send the money 5 mins after I succesfully paid for the sweepstake. What's going on?
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

8 Jan 2010 10:47
If you call your card company they should be able to tell you why the payment wasn't authorised
kid unknown
kid unknown avatar

5320 posts since 8/12/01

9 Jan 2010 14:38
did not receive an item so i disputed it through paypal.

seller never responded and i automatically thought that i would get refunded but i now realise i needed to "escalate to a claim" and the 20 day time limit to do this has expired.

says on their website:

You can close a dispute if you and the seller reach an agreement.

Otherwise, you can escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 days of opening the dispute. We automatically close disputes after 20 days.

Wait until you are 100% satisfied with the resolution before closing a dispute. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.

Select the open dispute in the Resolution Centre and click the desired action at the bottom of the dispute details screen to close or escalate a dispute.

We require more information from you when you escalate a dispute to a PayPal claim.

am i fucked?
phelen
phelen avatar

6396 posts since 16/8/06

9 Jan 2010 14:39
kid unknown wrote: did not receive an item so i disputed it through paypal.

seller never responded and i automatically thought that i would get refunded but i now realise i needed to "escalate to a claim" and the 20 day time limit to do this has expired.

says on their website:

You can close a dispute if you and the seller reach an agreement.

Otherwise, you can escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 days of opening the dispute. We automatically close disputes after 20 days.

Wait until you are 100% satisfied with the resolution before closing a dispute. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.

Select the open dispute in the Resolution Centre and click the desired action at the bottom of the dispute details screen to close or escalate a dispute.

We require more information from you when you escalate a dispute to a PayPal claim.

am i fucked?

Yeah man, unless you can call your credit card company to do a chargeback.
Jesus
Jesus avatar

5970 posts since 7/10/08

9 Jan 2010 15:19
AAA wrote: Just been limited by paypal Evil

Complete the steps listed on this page to initiate a review of the limitations
Provide Invoices
Supplier Contact Info

To lift limitation



I dont have either of these. Anyone know what I can do? Dan maybe?

you selling a high volume of new goods?
AAA
AAA avatar

10012 posts since 15/12/02

9 Jan 2010 16:37
Jesus wrote:
AAA wrote: Just been limited by paypal Evil

Complete the steps listed on this page to initiate a review of the limitations
Provide Invoices
Supplier Contact Info

To lift limitation



I dont have either of these. Anyone know what I can do? Dan maybe?

you selling a high volume of new goods?

Yeah I sold a few expensive stuff, say 40 items over 3 months. I think it might be because about 4/5 times a fortnight people would send £100 using the send payment option and it wasnt bought through Ebay.

I made up some invoices on word and they have been accepted Laughing out loud But they need proof of suppliers? Thought this would be the invoices
shego
shego avatar

1546 posts since 11/12/07

9 Jan 2010 20:18
can someone please do me a favour? i need someone to paypal someone 25usd, but i can only do bank transfer. no rush, will probably be tomorrow.

thanks fukers!
shego
shego avatar

1546 posts since 11/12/07

10 Jan 2010 11:50
shego wrote: can someone please do me a favour? i need someone to paypal someone 25usd, but i can only do bank transfer. no rush, will probably be tomorrow.

thanks fukers!

Anyone? £20 into your bank ac should cover it, leaving you a few quid change spare also.
Kingmob07
Kingmob07 avatar

8949 posts since 11/5/07

10 Jan 2010 17:05
Haven't sold anything on Ebay for a while, if you're a seller what exactly can you do to prevent possible scams using PayPal? I'm sending special delivery, but is PP still shit when buyers try and suggest they haven't got what was advertised?
AAA
AAA avatar

10012 posts since 15/12/02

10 Jan 2010 17:10
If its sent signed for they pretty much dont have a leg to stand on. Never lost a case with having a tracking number that shows its been delivered.