General Discussion: ebay & paypal queries and questions thread...post anything you need to know in hurr


Show original post
beatch
beatch avatar

203 posts since 17/2/11

6 Mar 2013 23:54
ala* wrote: I'm trying to sell a jacket on ebay but it keeps on telling me that the maximum postage that i'm allowed to charge is 7 quid.. i've basically just listed it under clothing - mens jackets

But loads of the same jacket have 29.99 or even more down as the postage

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=barbour+skyfall&_sacat=0&_from=R40

anyone know anyway to get around this?
You could change your listing to have the postage as courier heavy item and then put into the description the postage costs. Then when the listing is complete update the invoice to the price you said you'd charge on the listing
MuayThaiPimp
MuayThaiPimp avatar

7925 posts since 10/8/11

6 Mar 2013 23:58
list it as pickup, then put read description for postage in title
Captain Cod
Captain Cod avatar

456 posts since 24/12/07

7 Mar 2013 00:14
Got an item I brought but the seller didn't bother paying postage so I had a card saying I had to pay £9.80. Then I find out the item is fake anyway which pissed me off even more despite messaging him if they were legit from the beginning. So since he didn't pay postage and have no receipt, could I file a complaint that the item did not arrive and get my money back?. Would there be any way of the post office tracking it?.
beatch
beatch avatar

203 posts since 17/2/11

7 Mar 2013 06:19
Captain Cod wrote: Got an item I brought but the seller didn't bother paying postage so I had a card saying I had to pay £9.80. Then I find out the item is fake anyway which pissed me off even more despite messaging him if they were legit from the beginning. So since he didn't pay postage and have no receipt, could I file a complaint that the item did not arrive and get my money back?. Would there be any way of the post office tracking it?.
Don't understand how he was able to post it to you without paying postage. But unless there is a tracking number on the package I think you're safe. Was it from the UK or abroad? Either way raise a dispute and you'll get your money back.
Captain Cod
Captain Cod avatar

456 posts since 24/12/07

7 Mar 2013 07:37
beatch wrote:
Captain Cod wrote: Got an item I brought but the seller didn't bother paying postage so I had a card saying I had to pay £9.80. Then I find out the item is fake anyway which pissed me off even more despite messaging him if they were legit from the beginning. So since he didn't pay postage and have no receipt, could I file a complaint that the item did not arrive and get my money back?. Would there be any way of the post office tracking it?.
Don't understand how he was able to post it to you without paying postage. But unless there is a tracking number on the package I think you're safe. Was it from the UK or abroad? Either way raise a dispute and you'll get your money back.

Based in the UK, not sure how but paid the postage and got the item.
Captain Cod
Captain Cod avatar

456 posts since 24/12/07

7 Mar 2013 13:01
also do I go via ebay or paypal dispute. Or is there no difference nowadays?.
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

7 Mar 2013 13:14
Just go direct via Paypal. Cuts out all the back and forth crap
beatch
beatch avatar

203 posts since 17/2/11

7 Mar 2013 19:33
robii is probably right but I've usually gone through eBay to raise a dispute, but my guess is that it's the same people answering different phones. Either way as far as they are concerned you never received the item.

The seller won't be able to provide proof of delivery and you'll win and get your money back.
cha
cha avatar

437 posts since 26/4/12

8 Mar 2013 20:43
can you clocked really easily for shill bidding on ebay??
MuayThaiPimp
MuayThaiPimp avatar

7925 posts since 10/8/11

8 Mar 2013 21:01
Nah I do it all the time
rotring
rotring avatar

74 posts since 13/9/11

10 Mar 2013 14:03
Do people care about original boxes when buying trainers on eBay? Thinking of selling some Footscapes but my missus has thrown the box away.
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

11 Mar 2013 09:18
just say you don't have the original box in the description
cha
cha avatar

437 posts since 26/4/12

12 Mar 2013 16:49
i haven't verified my bank account and address with paypal and i've just sold a load of shit. do i have to verify it to lift the penind payment or can i just wait up to 21 days?
cha
cha avatar

437 posts since 26/4/12

12 Mar 2013 18:27
pls
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

12 Mar 2013 18:35
Think you can just wait until the buyer gives good feedback or the 21 days passes. Will make your life easier if you verify your account though
Guido
Guido avatar

12884 posts since 20/4/05

13 Mar 2013 13:08
I need to send a watch to Oz (fully insured and tracked). I am at the point of cancelling the sale as getting quoted stupid prices (£80+). I know I should have excluded that area but wondered if anybody knew of a good service to use?
Mr X
Mr X avatar

7053 posts since 12/7/07

18 Mar 2013 19:41
At 4am this morning I bought a Givenchy backpack for over £500… the seller had 100% feedback and is from New York. I'm just concerned they have more of them on there now. Could they be fake?

Sorry if you are offended that ^ post seemed very stonefish.
ilikeashirt
ilikeashirt avatar

1380 posts since 11/5/07

19 Mar 2013 21:07
Can a buyer simply mark a purchase as 'payment sent' even if they have not sent payment?

I forgot to click the immediate payment box on a bin listing.

Clearly, I am not going to post it until payment is received.
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

19 Mar 2013 22:02
ilikeashirt wrote: Can a buyer simply mark a purchase as 'payment sent' even if they have not sent payment?

Yes
ilikeashirt
ilikeashirt avatar

1380 posts since 11/5/07

19 Mar 2013 22:11
Cheers for that robii.
I guess I can now stop with the polite messages (thinking a newish ebayer had made a error), and just relist.