General Discussion: ebay & paypal queries and questions thread...post anything you need to know in hurr


Show original post
LFC
LFC avatar

4412 posts since 14/6/11

9 Jan 2020 12:35
What an absolute fuckin tramp. Hate ebay for shit like this. Hope you get it sorted.
MrW
MrW avatar

2713 posts since 1/8/11

9 Jan 2020 12:37
toocan wrote: He has raised a case in Paypal now saying he hasn't received it.

After saying it arrived dented, and sending you photos of the box it arrived in Laughing out loud
ODB
ODB avatar

3451 posts since 21/6/06

9 Jan 2020 13:34
looks like a birds finger
swede
swede avatar

8708 posts since 21/3/09

9 Jan 2020 13:43
toocan wrote: In the pic above that's the same serial number as mine.. It also doesn't look dented although its hard to tell as the thumb is over some of the areas

need to send a vid.. +/- cucumber
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3537 posts since 21/2/10

9 Jan 2020 13:44
Ask for a video of him handling the dented one and then turning it upwards to clearly show the SN.

If I took a speaker out of the box and it was dented I wouldn't then go and set it up on a stand Laughing out loud That's defo his own dented speaker that was already setup.
Mookie_blaylock
Mookie_blaylock avatar

1611 posts since 19/7/06

9 Jan 2020 15:51
toocan wrote: He has raised a case in Paypal now saying he hasn't received it.

Have you started ordering your mate's daily pizzas yet?
kid unknown
kid unknown avatar

5393 posts since 8/12/01

10 Jan 2020 08:23
I sold a scanner to someone in Italy and my listing stated and photos showed that it did not come with any instructions or software but that these were available to download.

Buyer says he can’t use the scanner as it does not come with any software.

I’ve messaged him back basically repeating what I said in the listing.

Bit worried he will try to return it because he doesn’t know how to use it and I will either have to pay mega expensive postage or eBay will let him keep the item and refund him in full.

Any advice?
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4611 posts since 13/1/10

10 Jan 2020 10:25

toocan wrote: In the pic above that's the same serial number as mine.. It also doesn't look dented although its hard to tell as the thumb is over some of the area. I feel he probably dropped it or maybe he switched the insides although I don't think he is that bright

He has raised a case in Paypal now saying he hasn't received it. I'll just call ebay again tonight and ask them as to what to do next steps

I find PayPal best via telephone.
eBay best via online chat.
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2195 posts since 30/11/09

10 Jan 2020 11:51
kid unknown wrote: I sold a scanner to someone in Italy and my listing stated and photos showed that it did not come with any instructions or software but that these were available to download.

Buyer says he can’t use the scanner as it does not come with any software.

I’ve messaged him back basically repeating what I said in the listing.

Bit worried he will try to return it because he doesn’t know how to use it and I will either have to pay mega expensive postage or eBay will let him keep the item and refund him in full.

Any advice?

Can you send a link to the documents or advise him to contact the manufacturer?
Blofeld
Blofeld avatar

200 posts since 30/12/15

11 Jan 2020 11:49
message receive from a chancer who has received a jacket I sold him on the bay, decided it did not fit him, instantly sent it back, then opened a return request (for 'just didn't like it, fortunately), which I have declined obviously:

'I've sent the coat back recorded and signed for the same day I received it. You cannot decline the return as its within Ebay's protocol. You need to refund me please or a pointless case will be opened and 100% I will receive the money back.'

let's see how this one goes. If anyone know Kez Matthews from Bury, tell em they're a twat.
edlo
edlo avatar

626 posts since 13/9/14

11 Jan 2020 12:04
Will definitely lose the case, had someone do the same selling it through paypal. Woman at paypal told me she does the same thing all the time, what's the problem? Evil

LFC
LFC avatar

4412 posts since 14/6/11

11 Jan 2020 12:05
Them cunts use ebay like fuckin Asos now.

How’s toocan got on? Any update?
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2195 posts since 30/11/09

11 Jan 2020 13:39
Blofeld wrote: message receive from a chancer who has received a jacket I sold him on the bay, decided it did not fit him, instantly sent it back, then opened a return request (for 'just didn't like it, fortunately), which I have declined obviously:

'I've sent the coat back recorded and signed for the same day I received it. You cannot decline the return as its within Ebay's protocol. You need to refund me please or a pointless case will be opened and 100% I will receive the money back.'

let's see how this one goes. If anyone know Kez Matthews from Bury, tell em they're a twat.

Did you have returns declined on the listing? I am confused as to why eBay always side with the buyer. Unless I'm wrong they only earn revenue from sellers so why go out of your way to piss them off?
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4611 posts since 13/1/10

11 Jan 2020 14:13
Hanto wrote:
Blofeld wrote: message receive from a chancer who has received a jacket I sold him on the bay, decided it did not fit him, instantly sent it back, then opened a return request (for 'just didn't like it, fortunately), which I have declined obviously:

'I've sent the coat back recorded and signed for the same day I received it. You cannot decline the return as its within Ebay's protocol. You need to refund me please or a pointless case will be opened and 100% I will receive the money back.'

let's see how this one goes. If anyone know Kez Matthews from Bury, tell em they're a twat.

Did you have returns declined on the listing? I am confused as to why eBay always side with the buyer. Unless I'm wrong they only earn revenue from sellers so why go out of your way to piss them off?

I never get that, although you mark that there's no returns; they are still able to return.

So what's the point?!
swede
swede avatar

8708 posts since 21/3/09

11 Jan 2020 14:45
just refuse the parcel. say there were no returns on the listing. you guys are being such soyboy cucks about this. stand your ground
Tobypricec
Tobypricec avatar

459 posts since 6/1/15

11 Jan 2020 15:18
Yeah I’d ring eBay and explain, had this before and they sided with me.

If you’ve listed it the right size etc and he’s just said it doesn’t fit him that isn’t a reason to be able to return it
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2195 posts since 30/11/09

11 Jan 2020 15:53
Razorlight123 wrote:
Hanto wrote:
Blofeld wrote: message receive from a chancer who has received a jacket I sold him on the bay, decided it did not fit him, instantly sent it back, then opened a return request (for 'just didn't like it, fortunately), which I have declined obviously:

'I've sent the coat back recorded and signed for the same day I received it. You cannot decline the return as its within Ebay's protocol. You need to refund me please or a pointless case will be opened and 100% I will receive the money back.'

let's see how this one goes. If anyone know Kez Matthews from Bury, tell em they're a twat.

Did you have returns declined on the listing? I am confused as to why eBay always side with the buyer. Unless I'm wrong they only earn revenue from sellers so why go out of your way to piss them off?

I never get that, although you mark that there's no returns; they are still able to return.

So what's the point?!

Really?! What a load of bollocks. I agree with Toby, at the end of the day it's still an auction site and so shouldnt have the same stance as a retailer and allow returns.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7541 posts since 21/4/05

11 Jan 2020 18:31
Yeah cunt move to try and force a return without a fault or misdescription. Why does eBay let sellers state this
toocan
toocan avatar

821 posts since 7/11/07

13 Jan 2020 15:43
He raised a case with Paypal to say it wasn't received. I uploaded a tracking number then he changed paypal to say it was broken when it arrived.

I've messaged him a few times on ebay just saying if he is prepared to lie to PayPal he will lie to me.

I tried calling PayPal earlier but after 30 mins gave up. I have a feeling whatever ebay decide PayPal will give him his money back
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4611 posts since 13/1/10

posted 13 Jan 2020 15:48, edited 13 Jan 2020 15:48
I'd definitely keep trying PayPal via telephone - I've got through to their 'Fraud' department before and their usually quite cool and frank.

Based on what you've said its clear to me that there's intent to defraud from the PayPal log you described: he initially stated he never received… Then he stated he has received and changed it to there's damage?!