General Discussion: EURO 2020

Show original post
Anto
Anto avatar

4041 posts since 19/1/12

posted 12 Jul 2021 16:48, edited 12 Jul 2021 16:48
Razorlight123 wrote: Anto, did you also notice Chiellini moved from CB to out wide, and they literally pushed their defensive line to the halfway line in the 2nd half.

That equaliser was coming only Southgate couldn't see it.

Italy would've won it in the 90 had Chiesa not come off injured, he was a handful.

Yes, definitely. He was a bit more focused out wide to the left to support Emerson who was suffering a lot against Sterling.

See this below as an example (which was painful to watch live Eek):

https://streamable.com/lxrelt

Regarding the defensive line, I think it's more a consequence of England progressively setting back, with a very low 5-3-2 that didn't help you counter attack when you gained the ball, thus Italy defence could play higher
youngkamio
youngkamio avatar

51 posts since 27/6/14

12 Jul 2021 16:53
Razorlight123 wrote:
youngkamio wrote: If it were the French and the match was in Paris there would be mass 'burning and looting' whatever the result. The England lads are far better behaved and don't indulge in pure criminal activity tbh.

Strong 41st post.

Is that what happened in Paris when they won the WC?

Roll Eyes You must have been in a coma in 2018 then?
smith
smith avatar

11414 posts since 5/5/04

12 Jul 2021 16:57
Even stronger 42nd post Laughing out loud
Mr.X.
Mr.X. avatar

3121 posts since 23/6/13

12 Jul 2021 16:57
The two crucial factors for me were that they didn’t go for it and once he decided to try and win 1-0 he didn’t make the subs early enough. At half time would have been the best moment to change it. One could sense the equaliser long before it happened. Chiesa was a big threat the entire time and they let Veratti control the game.
Anto
Anto avatar

4041 posts since 19/1/12

posted 12 Jul 2021 17:23, edited 12 Jul 2021 17:23
joeyjojo wrote: Are fans like that in other countries and we just don’t see the videos?

Of course, each country has its own problems.

We have a passion for firecrackers for example, in particular illegal ones dropped where there's loads of people. Don't know how many fingers have been lost for good yesterday evening.
Personally saw a guy hit in the head by something after a huge one exploded in the middle of the street while people were walking…only in Milan we had 15 serious injuried
In Rome all buses had to be back at depot at 22.30 maximum to avoid vandalising.

There's no violence, but a lot of stupidity
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

12 Jul 2021 17:29
Alcohol is the reason for all this madness.

Roll on Qatar next year.

Heads will roll. Literally.

Laughing out loud
smith
smith avatar

11414 posts since 5/5/04

12 Jul 2021 17:29
I was in BErlin when Germany won World Cup 2014. Some fans turned up at the main celebration in the centre in their teams clubs colours and used it as an opportunity to fight each other Laughing out loud Mostly HErtha V Union fans. I was a bit shocked at the time as thought it would just be a mass gathering of jubilation. Also saw some nutter drive his car into a lamppost narrowly missing someone on the pavement.

Alcohol, drugs and football can be a lethal combination.
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4996 posts since 13/1/10

12 Jul 2021 18:55
youngkamio wrote:
Razorlight123 wrote:
youngkamio wrote: If it were the French and the match was in Paris there would be mass 'burning and looting' whatever the result. The England lads are far better behaved and don't indulge in pure criminal activity tbh.

Strong 41st post.

Is that what happened in Paris when they won the WC?

Roll Eyes You must have been in a coma in 2018 then?

What is the relation between football and the yellow-vest protest?!
Economic issues vs People on the lash… Puzzled
phelen
phelen avatar

6697 posts since 16/8/06

12 Jul 2021 19:14
fudge.dredd wrote: Alcohol is the reason for all this madness.

Roll on Qatar next year.

Laughing out loud

Alcohol doesn't make you a raging racist last time I looked.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1698 posts since 15/12/12

posted 12 Jul 2021 21:14, edited 12 Jul 2021 21:14
phelen wrote:

Roll on Qatar next year.

Laughing out loud

You sure? There’s plenty of fans who end up turning very racist and then apologise the next day with their families saying they’re not like that at all and hold respectable jobs etc.

And it’s always in those you expect it the least from.

Weird that.

Edit: oh and the classic… ‘I have black friends’…
phelen
phelen avatar

6697 posts since 16/8/06

12 Jul 2021 22:15
fudge.dredd wrote:
phelen wrote:

Roll on Qatar next year.

Laughing out loud

You sure? There’s plenty of fans who end up turning very racist and then apologise the next day with their families saying they’re not like that at all and hold respectable jobs etc.

And it’s always in those you expect it the least from.

Weird that.

Edit: oh and the classic… ‘I have black friends’…

I think we agree on this, what I meant was that these people just suddenly become racist because of drinking but have these racist beliefs they normally wouldn't vocalize in normal social circumstances.
Blofeld
Blofeld avatar

263 posts since 30/12/15

12 Jul 2021 23:08