Random Fashion Questions: Facemask Styling


Show original post
MoB
MoB avatar

37153 posts since 31/8/04

3 Mar 2021 09:11
Rez wrote: Shocked that the person who wanted to sue their parents for not giving them enough money doesn't have a more nuanced view of the world.

forgot about this Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4580 posts since 24/8/06

3 Mar 2021 09:13
figurine wrote:
R wrote: who has had a vaccine on here? side effects?
Had first dose last week, no side effects at all.

Had my second jab on Thursday and Friday felt absolutely horrific. Achy, fever, hot cold etc and no taste or smell but gradually got better over the weekend.
R
R avatar

13284 posts since 17/5/03

3 Mar 2021 12:39
andymakesglasses wrote:
R wrote: it’s clearly not black or white.

Neither is "the left" and the "the right" and yet you carry on using those blanket terms.

OK, the vocal left
R
R avatar

13284 posts since 17/5/03

3 Mar 2021 12:39
Rez wrote: Shocked that the person who wanted to sue their parents for not giving them enough money doesn't have a more nuanced view of the world.

I'm allowed to grow out of being a stupid kid!

no jokes please


thanks
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1586 posts since 30/3/11

3 Mar 2021 12:46
R wrote: who has had a vaccine on here? side effects?

I had my first one on Saturday. Initially no side effects at all. Saturday evening felt cold & tired and went to bed around 10pm instead of usual 1am or so and slept soundly. Next day was fine if a little snivelly. Monday had swollen lymph nodes but that didn't last either. Throughout no arm ache like some report.
R
R avatar

13284 posts since 17/5/03

3 Mar 2021 12:58
Centurionone wrote:
R wrote: who has had a vaccine on here? side effects?

I had my first one on Saturday. Initially no side effects at all. Saturday evening felt cold & tired and went to bed around 10pm instead of usual 1am or so and slept soundly. Next day was fine if a little snivelly. Monday had swollen lymph nodes but that didn't last either. Throughout no arm ache like some report.

can barely lift my arm (jab monday evening)! was feeling fine on first day, but then started shaking as soon as I tried to sleep. that was gone by last night.
Fläsket
Fläsket avatar

3911 posts since 14/8/04

9 Mar 2021 21:52
Cross post from the investment thread:

Free investment tip courtesy of Fläsket Investment Portfolio Advisory Inc: With vaccines expected to be widely available to all age groups by this summer, we're anticipating a Summer of Love 2.0. We forsee a great increase in demand for contraceptives just as the demand for respiratory equipment spiked at the beginning of the pandemic. Get in now while stock prices of birth control manufacturers are relatively flat.
pops
pops avatar

4248 posts since 2/9/09

17 Mar 2021 07:37
R wrote: who has had a vaccine on here? side effects?

Received an SMS on Friday asking me to book an appointment which I assumed was a scam (I’m not in any of the current cohort groups ) Turns out it wasn’t and had my first dose of Oxford AZ yesterday morning. Arm is sore today and got a bit of a headache but otherwise so far so good. Second dose booked in for 02/06 so hopefully looking forward to a safe summer for all.

joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4580 posts since 24/8/06

25 Mar 2021 09:14
Why did they open all those nightingale hospitals if they knew they didn’t have staff to work in them?
It’s no secret there’s huge staffing issues at the NHS for years especially with nurses so why bother opening the hospitals ??? Was it just a media stunt to show they can open hospitals quickly? But now it looks fuckinf stupid and another huge waste by the government. Same with this track and trace or whatever it’s called they’ve spunked 70 million on with no results ??? Is there genuinely no oversight in the government? As soon as you get to a position you can make huge decisions based on massive amounts of money with no ramifications if they end up being shit?????
Brian Damage
Brian Damage avatar

8027 posts since 21/10/03

25 Mar 2021 09:21
Had the pfzier one couple months ago, 2nd shot next month
Rez
Rez avatar

8665 posts since 5/4/09

25 Mar 2021 09:28
joeyjojo wrote: Why did they open all those nightingale hospitals if they knew they didn’t have staff to work in them?
It’s no secret there’s huge staffing issues at the NHS for years especially with nurses so why bother opening the hospitals ??? Was it just a media stunt to show they can open hospitals quickly? But now it looks fuckinf stupid and another huge waste by the government. Same with this track and trace or whatever it’s called they’ve spunked 70 million on with no results ??? Is there genuinely no oversight in the government? As soon as you get to a position you can make huge decisions based on massive amounts of money with no ramifications if they end up being shit?????

Genuinely, this is exactly the type of behaviour that was promised so fair play on the government for delivering for their voters.
HiFi
HiFi avatar

1046 posts since 17/7/06

25 Mar 2021 09:46
Had both AZ vaccinations. First one made me feel like shit for about 3 days - sore arm for a week. Second shot had zero side effects.

My mum was extremely unwell after her first Pfizer one for about 12 hours but then fine.
Byte
Byte avatar

3028 posts since 16/6/10

25 Mar 2021 10:21
I was the same. Had the AZ jab at 3pm, felt fine for the next 6 hours. Tried to go to sleep and woke up with the chills. The entire Sunday I had a fever and my heart was racing. Didn't feel better until Monday night. Arm was sore for over a week and then it just went away.

My parents had the Pfizer jab and had no side effects.
Brian Damage
Brian Damage avatar

8027 posts since 21/10/03

25 Mar 2021 11:56
Older people tend to have fewer side effects after than younger, maybe a more mature immune system
macgy
macgy avatar

223 posts since 26/11/11

25 Mar 2021 12:18
Older people have weaker immune systems and hence normally develops a weaker response.
Vice versa with young people.
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4580 posts since 24/8/06

25 Mar 2021 12:19
Rez wrote:
joeyjojo wrote: Why did they open all those nightingale hospitals if they knew they didn’t have staff to work in them?
It’s no secret there’s huge staffing issues at the NHS for years especially with nurses so why bother opening the hospitals ??? Was it just a media stunt to show they can open hospitals quickly? But now it looks fuckinf stupid and another huge waste by the government. Same with this track and trace or whatever it’s called they’ve spunked 70 million on with no results ??? Is there genuinely no oversight in the government? As soon as you get to a position you can make huge decisions based on massive amounts of money with no ramifications if they end up being shit?????

Genuinely, this is exactly the type of behaviour that was promised so fair play on the government for delivering for their voters.

Wasting loads of money???
Rez
Rez avatar

8665 posts since 5/4/09

25 Mar 2021 12:47
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_Bridge

Johnson is the king of vanity projects
TheConductor
TheConductor avatar

4287 posts since 17/11/09

posted 25 Mar 2021 13:29, edited 25 Mar 2021 13:29
joeyjojo wrote: Why did they open all those nightingale hospitals if they knew they didn’t have staff to work in them?
It’s no secret there’s huge staffing issues at the NHS for years especially with nurses so why bother opening the hospitals ??? Was it just a media stunt to show they can open hospitals quickly? But now it looks fuckinf stupid and another huge waste by the government. Same with this track and trace or whatever it’s called they’ve spunked 70 million on with no results ??? Is there genuinely no oversight in the government? As soon as you get to a position you can make huge decisions based on massive amounts of money with no ramifications if they end up being shit?????
They knew all of this, but they opened them as a PR stunt to make it look like they were taking it seriously (after having fucked it with their delayed response, Bo Jo being on holiday and missing the initial meeting, etc) and they wanted to be seen as doing something on a large scale to tackle Covid, when in fact it was always going to be an inadequate response and fail. That sort of sums up Bo Jo's government, imo.

The worrying thing is that people don't care - and the Conservatives will remain in power for some years to come - mainly because the majority of the general public don't tend to directly feel the consequences of the recklessness, or they don't think so and aren't actually aware of it. I believe there is Stockholm syndrome on quite a scale in this country now, which is massive aided by the right-wing bias of our media. In fact you look at voting history and how many times the Conseratives have won, perhaps it's not such a new thing. The art of Conservative politics is very impressive though and as a result, we are now in the position where people actually think there's a left-wing media bias and our freedom of speech is being threatened…Mental, it's actually mental.

In the latest Adam Curtis series, he mentions the idea of self-individualisation (I think that's it…) and once you understand the severity of it and throw in the effects of capitalism over the last few decades, it's no wonder there's an overwhelming lack empathy in this country.
Rez
Rez avatar

8665 posts since 5/4/09

25 Mar 2021 13:55
Feels like a line has definitely been crossed this past month, now that it's legal for an undercover policeman to rape, torture and kill you if you are, for instance, a climate activist.
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

930 posts since 26/11/07

25 Mar 2021 16:30
They didn't waste millions on the test and trace try billions. And a further 20 odd billion has been set aside for it. There's something definitely fishy about the allocation of that money as there's no way the system costs that much. Its daylight robbery but you English and Welsh lot are insistent on voting in the tory toffs.