Random Fashion Questions: Facemask Styling


Show original post
MLI
MLI avatar

5042 posts since 6/10/09

posted 25 Mar 2020 09:57, edited 25 Mar 2020 09:57
swiftus wrote: What's the deal with masks? Most things I've read have said they're essential for close contact workers (social care, hospital, etc), but make little difference for everyone else.

Fläsket wrote: See Rirawin's explanation for masks in the east on the first page.
With the shortage of masks, the only folks who should be wearing them out in public are the ones who feel ill (better yet, they should stay fucking home).

Sorry Flasket, you are wrong. Rirawin is talking out of his ass and trying to virtue signal on behalf of his race or something.

I lived in Japan for 6 years and most people there wear masks when they are healthy, to stay healthy.

They use them to block polution and viruses on public transport. More common to see elderly wearing them. They are usually not being polite because they have a cold, the ones with masks are the healthy ones. Wearing a mask when you have a cold is a nightmare anyway, soon as you sneeze in one you gotta change it out.

Westerners can't seem to get this basic fact through their thick fucking skulls. An asian woman here was verbally abused and told to leave a clinic recently because she had a mask on, turns out she was a cancer patient with a weakened immune system trying not to get infected.

The stereotype is Japan/Asia = polite so people wear them to be polite and not infect others when they're sick. This has never been the case and is not the case now.

EVERYONE in Wuhan has a mask. That's part of the reason they got it under control. EVERYONE here needs to wear masks too but our official advice is still we don't need one unless we're sick and wearing one when you're healthy won't make any difference.

Simple physics. If EVERYONE is wearing masks, healthy and sick there are TWO barriers that particles have to pass through to infect someone. That's better than nothing or only one barrier.

I heard the Army in Australia is manufacturing masks now, they better start supplying them, because this is key, everyone needs one STAT.

Swiftus, get educated, pay attention, don't listen to government. They are trying to stop panic by saying you don't need one. You do. They want to reserve the ones they can get for health care workers. Fair enough. But they're lying to you that they're ineffective.


Jgirl n me, 2013, tokyo transit system in winter. perfectly healthy, trying to stay that way:
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7513 posts since 21/4/05

25 Mar 2020 10:15
Yeah we should all wear masks tbh as a common sense thing. Shows solidarity as well.
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1058 posts since 16/9/11

25 Mar 2020 10:42
Agree with Mil on masks, surprised no fucking brand collars have showed up
spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2246 posts since 12/6/10

25 Mar 2020 10:52
I am going to wear one whenever I have to go shopping etc.
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2115 posts since 30/11/09

25 Mar 2020 13:03
21 year old in the UK with the no pre-existing medical conditions has died. Sad
ChrisAlright
ChrisAlright avatar

1437 posts since 29/6/08

25 Mar 2020 13:13
source?
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3154 posts since 16/4/10

25 Mar 2020 13:16
All over the news
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2115 posts since 30/11/09

posted 25 Mar 2020 13:16, edited 25 Mar 2020 13:16
ChrisAlright wrote: source?

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAqSQgKIkNDQklTTERvSmMzUnZjbmt0TXpZd1NoOGFIV1JYTW5SMGVteEVOMjVvVkRSNVRWUkZjRk4yT0daVFdtUlRPR05OS0FBUAE?q=coronavirus+21&lr;=English&hl;=en-GB≷=GB&ceid;=GB:en
padawan
padawan avatar

4278 posts since 27/6/03

25 Mar 2020 13:16
ismvil wrote: Agree with Mil on masks, surprised no fucking brand collars have showed up

isn't this SUPREME's domain Laughing out loud

TV ad last night for DETOL advertising it kills CORONA.
krisricey
krisricey avatar

2156 posts since 24/3/12

25 Mar 2020 13:48
Prince Charles has it now. 21 year old girl died of it with no medical conditions.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7513 posts since 21/4/05

25 Mar 2020 15:25
^no known conditions, and story seems to be pieced together from social media posts. Not that this wouldn't drill some sense into people…
rural
rural avatar

17667 posts since 26/9/06

25 Mar 2020 15:38
Where’s Nigel Benn at?
TCB
TCB avatar

4168 posts since 5/7/11

25 Mar 2020 15:43
Probably out on the streets living his best life.
seenmy
seenmy avatar

6576 posts since 17/6/06

25 Mar 2020 16:12
home testing kits within a week on amazon
jplxx
jplxx avatar

1470 posts since 3/11/09

25 Mar 2020 16:27
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14361 posts since 21/2/07

25 Mar 2020 16:44
seenmy wrote: home testing kits within a week on amazon

Bet they sell out faster than an old school Supreme drop
seenmy
seenmy avatar

6576 posts since 17/6/06

25 Mar 2020 16:48
abc just said they back tracked on that, actually only for key workers at this stage
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3154 posts since 16/4/10

25 Mar 2020 16:54
rural wrote: Where’s Nigel Benn at?

Laid up in ICU
MrW
MrW avatar

2690 posts since 1/8/11

25 Mar 2020 16:57
krisricey wrote: Prince Charles has it now.

Charles isolating in Balmoral with Covid-19. Andrew isolating in Windsor with Jennifer-14.
Dee
Dee avatar

11529 posts since 22/11/07

posted 25 Mar 2020 17:01, edited 25 Mar 2020 17:01
Laughing out loud quality