Random Fashion Questions: Facemask Styling


Show original post
padawan
padawan avatar

4298 posts since 27/6/03

13 May 2020 08:45
swede wrote: mental that @thearm

can genuinely just see it keep happening until we have a vaccine too

This

Been put on the "get the office rolling again" team. Blue Red Teams as per, whole office redesign around safe spaces. 1 person in a lift at a time and a TON of other Gov Measures which on paper May work but in reality Will dissolve on the first day - Had to laugh… was in yesterday and load of the contractors hired to get the building up to scratch (swapping out floor panels to show 2m spacing, organising single file filter lanes etc) were just sharing lifts etc with blatant disregard for the plans they are supposed to be implementing!
spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2267 posts since 12/6/10

13 May 2020 09:00
I have been back a month now. The building game is almost impossible to keep to the 2m bollocks. On the first week people were trying but now it’s just back normal.

fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1305 posts since 15/12/12

13 May 2020 09:08
illmurray wrote:
TROYBOY wrote: Its been overblown in my opinion.

I have no idea how I've been baited into replying to this thread but how is an estimated 40,000 deaths in the UK something to be overblown? If not something that kills that many people, what should you be concerned with?

The tory response is tragic. They genuinely don't care how many people die from this because they know that there will still be people commenting on social media that 'the government are trying their best' and 'boris is working really hard. It's like the mad herds that defend the owners of Manchester City and soon to be Newcastle. They don't have to respond effectively to the virus, public opinion will still favour them. With the conservative party I don't know anymore if their incompetence is a deliberate strategy or actual incompetence. Or maybe their incompetence is so unavoidable, and yet so inconsequential, that they've just stumbled into it as a strategy. Look at that daft sodden skin-sponge of a man leading the country.

I hate saying that it just isn't worth talking to some people about these things (like Trump supporters) because it's clearly not the right way to go about disagreeing with someone, but increasingly I find myself thinking that way.

For a start, we cannot know for sure who died exclusively OF corona, just who died WITH it. The excess deaths now shows the excess greater because deaths that would otherwise have occurred are being counted as corona deaths. Hence why deaths from things like pneumonia are ‘down’. They have to go somewhere, right?

Secondly, my point from the beginning has been that this has been a massive overreaction and shutting down huge swathes of the economy is going to have lasting effects for years to come. Over 90% of the deaths have been of people with serious underlying conditions and 88% of them were over 65. Guess what, we all have to die.

Go and read Kipling’s ‘Gods Of The Copybook Headings’.

We are passing through the dark age now, it won’t be long before the warriors are back to free you all from your mental slavery.
Rez
Rez avatar

8253 posts since 5/4/09

13 May 2020 09:09
Once you've broken guess it's hard to justify it further and go back to doing it. It's why this 'your cleaner can come round' stuff is so dangerous.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1305 posts since 15/12/12

posted 13 May 2020 09:10, edited 13 May 2020 09:10
spitfiredealer wrote: I have been back a month now. The building game is almost impossible to keep to the 2m bollocks. On the first week people were trying but now it’s just back normal.

Didn’t someone say that they just made this up on the whim? The whole 2m thing?

Edit: Oh yeah.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/25/two-metre-social-distancing-rule-conjured-nowhere-professor-claims-12609448/

‘Robert Dingwall, of the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (NERVTAG), says there has ‘never been a scientific basis for two metres’, naming it a ‘rule of thumb’.

NERVTAG is an expert committee of the Department of Health (DH) that feeds into the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE), which is advising the cabinet on the country’s coronavirus response.’
Rez
Rez avatar

8253 posts since 5/4/09

posted 13 May 2020 09:16, edited 13 May 2020 09:16
Fudge you should read that (very short) article again because I don't think you understood what he was saying beyond the headline. Think you might have taken what he was saying (two metres is arbitrary in open public spaces) to prove the point you wanted to make (two metres is arbitrary at all times)
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3548 posts since 21/2/10

13 May 2020 09:26
Classic fudge Laughing out loud
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9363 posts since 17/7/05

posted 13 May 2020 09:38, edited 13 May 2020 09:38
.
Rez
Rez avatar

8253 posts since 5/4/09

posted 13 May 2020 10:03, edited 13 May 2020 10:03
illmurray
illmurray avatar

513 posts since 18/4/12

13 May 2020 11:50
fudge.dredd wrote: Over 90% of the deaths have been of people with serious underlying conditions and 88% of them were over 65. Guess what, we all have to die.

I don't get it. Let's say due to negligent underfunding of the public health service, someone with coronavirus was turned away from a hospital and returned to a care home, critically infecting and killing other residents. Would you not be aggrieved if one of your parents died unnecessarily? That's the reality of the situation. So what if someone is 67 and has a dodgy heart, it doesn't mean that because of the government's abject response to COVID that 10 or 20 years of their life should be chopped off.

It seems like you don't consider the poor, sick, old, and vulnerable human beings.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7562 posts since 21/4/05

13 May 2020 13:02
Huge amount of potential economic activity lost from all these deaths, as well as the avoidable treatment costs.

Perhaps that chimes better with some as a need to reduce deaths and improve health? Also explains in part why right wing hate the bind on them the NHS creates.

thearm
thearm avatar

31 posts since 17/9/19

13 May 2020 14:32
kid unknown wrote: Were the actions of the Korea person deliberate?

Even if not, there will be some twisted people who would deliberately infect everyone they could.

Apparently he didn't have any symptoms when he was out so it looks not deliberate.

More news came out today. Another infected guy from the nightclubs is a teacher in a private school (still open) and has infected some coworkers, a few pupils and a couple of parents. When he tested positive he lied about being a teacher and said he was unemployed. Safe to say he's in big trouble now.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1305 posts since 15/12/12

13 May 2020 17:16
Oops. Looks like staying home might be causing more deaths.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/05/06/ny-gov-cuomo-says-its-shocking-most-new-coronavirus-hospitalizations-are-people-staying-home.html?__twitter_impression=true
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3548 posts since 21/2/10

13 May 2020 17:23

All it says is people are staying at home, not that they haven't left their homes. You can still catch the virus if you leave your home. Lockdown doesn't stop that.

NY is currently in lockdown and the majority of the population is primarily at home - where else are the cases gonna come from?????????? Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1305 posts since 15/12/12

posted 13 May 2020 17:23, edited 13 May 2020 17:23
illmurray wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: Over 90% of the deaths have been of people with serious underlying conditions and 88% of them were over 65. Guess what, we all have to die.

I don't get it. Let's say due to negligent underfunding of the public health service, someone with coronavirus was turned away from a hospital and returned to a care home, critically infecting and killing other residents. Would you not be aggrieved if one of your parents died unnecessarily? That's the reality of the situation. So what if someone is 67 and has a dodgy heart, it doesn't mean that because of the government's abject response to COVID that 10 or 20 years of their life should be chopped off.

It seems like you don't consider the poor, sick, old, and vulnerable human beings.

I said from the first time we started talking about this that we must protect the elderly and most vulnerable. This is the first time in history that the healthy have been quarantined as well as the sick or at risk. Can you think of any other time in history that that has happened?

And once again, we seem to be going in circles, but what about all the NON-COVID deaths that have and will continue to take place due to this infernal ‘lockdown’? Do you not consider all those whose cancer treatments have been stopped to be human? Or those too afraid to visit their hospitals because they’ve been ordered to stay home?

The West has lost all belief in God - therefore they believe they should have the right to live forever. It’s entitlement. The NHS is God in the UK.

Maybe we all needed this.

Whatever happens, you will never get your freedoms back now. I promise you that. This is the new way of the world. May as well get used to it. You’ve got to admit, it’s beautiful. No more protesting against the government anymore; that’s a mass crowd and you *might* spread this virus.

Well played.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1305 posts since 15/12/12

posted 13 May 2020 17:25, edited 13 May 2020 17:25
nothingelseworked wrote:
All it says is people are staying at home, not that they haven't left their homes. You can still catch the virus if you leave your home. Lockdown doesn't stop that.

NY is currently in lockdown and the majority of the population is primarily at home - where else are the cases gonna come from?????????? Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

So what’s the purpose of their lockdown? Considering it’s been in force for nearly two months. Please explain to a simpleton.


This is a surprise: Overwhelmingly, the people were at home," he added. "We thought maybe they were taking public transportation, and we've taken special precautions on public transportation, but actually no, because these people were literally at home."

Cuomo said nearly 84% of the hospitalized cases were people who were not commuting to work through car services, personal cars, public transit or walking. He said a majority of those people were either retired or unemployed. Overall, some 73% of the admissions were people over age 51.

You’re boring me now.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1305 posts since 15/12/12

13 May 2020 17:29
And also does that mean that we must all stay permanently in our homes to eradicate this virus? What are we waiting for? When will the respective governments finally let us out? Never?

Please give me a date.
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3548 posts since 21/2/10

posted 13 May 2020 17:48, edited 13 May 2020 17:48
fudge.dredd wrote:
nothingelseworked wrote:
All it says is people are staying at home, not that they haven't left their homes. You can still catch the virus if you leave your home. Lockdown doesn't stop that.

NY is currently in lockdown and the majority of the population is primarily at home - where else are the cases gonna come from?????????? Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

So what’s the purpose of their lockdown? Considering it’s been in force for nearly two months. Please explain to a simpleton.


This is a surprise: Overwhelmingly, the people were at home," he added. "We thought maybe they were taking public transportation, and we've taken special precautions on public transportation, but actually no, because these people were literally at home."

Cuomo said nearly 84% of the hospitalized cases were people who were not commuting to work through car services, personal cars, public transit or walking. He said a majority of those people were either retired or unemployed. Overall, some 73% of the admissions were people over age 51.

You’re boring me now.

You copy and paste things without understanding them and it is fucking jokes Laughing out loud

People are primarily at home.

People can still leave their home to buy food or exercise. Are you with me?

If you leave your house you can still catch the virus. Hope I haven't lost you yet.

Someone catches the virus whilst out and then under lockdown orders they are at home after that. Symptoms flare up and they require medical assistance. Where is the medical assistance going to go? Their home.

You slow transmission through the population - that's the purpose of lockdown. There are fewer cases. It doesn't stop individuals from catching it.

I cannot believe I'm having to explain this. You have to be on the wind up at this point, because no one can be this dumb.

*cue fudge running away and not responding like he always does. And then returns in a few days with an article that he doesn't understand*
TCB
TCB avatar

4238 posts since 5/7/11

13 May 2020 17:52
Laughing out loud
pentonville
pentonville avatar

677 posts since 12/3/12

13 May 2020 18:34
nothingelseworked wrote: You have to be on the wind up at this point

He’s getting the bites tho, isn’t he?