Random Fashion Questions: Facemask Styling


Show original post
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5484 posts since 29/7/05

5 Jan 2021 14:34

The argument that vaccine development should take x long is a little off track.. science / technology progressions mean with the right motivation you can achieve things quicker than was done previously.

In the film contact, Matthew McConnaugheys team built a working space / time connector from an alien intelligence plan in weeks when in reality the Mir space station took over 10 years… the point being, how the hell can our untrained minds understand how much time, effort and money is required to develop a vaccine for a pandemic virus.
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5484 posts since 29/7/05

5 Jan 2021 14:37
actually.. my contact analogy doesn't make much sense. I would like it removed.. i will not delete it though as its a great film and massively under rated.
Kadafi39
Kadafi39 avatar

1919 posts since 30/10/09

5 Jan 2021 14:39
Laughing out loud
darko
darko avatar

1063 posts since 4/10/12

5 Jan 2021 14:52
where has this idea that having the vaccine is possibly going to make you infertile come from? Laughing out loud
burny
burny avatar

5997 posts since 25/5/06

5 Jan 2021 14:55
darko wrote: where has this idea that having the vaccine is possibly going to make you infertile come from? Laughing out loud

Facebook, I assume.
snaye
snaye avatar

10892 posts since 24/10/02

posted 5 Jan 2021 14:55, edited 5 Jan 2021 14:55
Utopia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(British_TV_series)

Its fucking brilliant TV for those who haven't watched it. Perfect for the tin foil loons in here.
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

920 posts since 26/11/07

5 Jan 2021 14:59
The UK record a covid death as anyone who died within the past 28 days who had tested positive for covid 19 in those previous 28 days. Previously they were recording it as months since testing positive but that was swiftly dropped in July I believe.

That Portuguese health worker death is worrying indeed. Like others said that will probably be swept under the carpet.

At this rate I probably won't get a vaccine until well into next year so I'm kind of glad that I'll have been able to view how people are reacting to the vaccine and any side effects that crop up.

Ultimately I will get the vaccine but it's definitely hard to put 100% faith in something that has been rushed for the sake of reopening economies worldwide.
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3309 posts since 16/4/10

posted 5 Jan 2021 15:04, edited 5 Jan 2021 15:04
burny wrote:
darko wrote: where has this idea that having the vaccine is possibly going to make you infertile come from? Laughing out loud

Facebook, I assume.

It’s come from the government. Might also be on their Facebook page as well, but I’ll stick with the .gov site.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-women-of-childbearing-age-currently-pregnant-planning-a-pregnancy-or-breastfeeding/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-for-women-of-childbearing-age-pregnant-planning-a-pregnancy-or-breastfeeding

Women who are pregnant/planning to get pregnant have been advised against taking the vaccine currently.
It’s for women only, however if you’re planning on having kids it makes sense for men not to take it at the moment as well, for fear of ‘passing’ on something.
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5484 posts since 29/7/05

5 Jan 2021 15:07
What has covid death rates got to do with vaccine quality ?

My elderly Asian mum received a WhatsApp forward which was put on the family chat that referenced a government page about the Pfizer vaccine.. the forward listed 10 or so topics which about 3 were relevant to the linked government page but it was all scaremongering like ‘the vaccine may cause infertility’, it’s not been tested on swamp people etc etc. Guess a lot of people will get the bite size bullet points but not read any real data driven information.
I’m so close to leaving the family group.
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

920 posts since 26/11/07

5 Jan 2021 15:21
Aye we all long for the days when the only time you had to put up with the racist / loony family members was Christmas time, weddings and funerals. Now the fuckers are always there on WhatsApp.
burny
burny avatar

5997 posts since 25/5/06

5 Jan 2021 15:36
eazypz wrote:
burny wrote:
darko wrote: where has this idea that having the vaccine is possibly going to make you infertile come from? Laughing out loud

Facebook, I assume.

It’s come from the government. Might also be on their Facebook page as well, but I’ll stick with the .gov site.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-women-of-childbearing-age-currently-pregnant-planning-a-pregnancy-or-breastfeeding/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-for-women-of-childbearing-age-pregnant-planning-a-pregnancy-or-breastfeeding

Women who are pregnant/planning to get pregnant have been advised against taking the vaccine currently.
It’s for women only, however if you’re planning on having kids it makes sense for men not to take it at the moment as well, for fear of ‘passing’ on something.

Hell of a side effect that.

Making the missus pregnant with the vaccine instead of a baby. Jimmy Hill jawdrop
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3309 posts since 16/4/10

posted 5 Jan 2021 15:42, edited 5 Jan 2021 15:42
Completely purposely misconstrued the point but still Laughing out loud

Have no idea how this works, just assuming that if it’s in your bloodstream then could possibly pass through to your child.
Happy to be told otherwise.

If women are advised against it then to me it makes sense for the male to as well, if pregnancy is on the cards.
FrIEND
FrIEND avatar

13667 posts since 27/11/03

5 Jan 2021 15:42
Won’t be laughing when the next generation all look suspiciously like Chris Witty
emixam
emixam avatar

495 posts since 8/2/12

posted 5 Jan 2021 15:45, edited 5 Jan 2021 15:45
I would like Swede to explain the PCR test with his industry background. They are not meant to detect a viral infection, per Kay Mullis himself, the Nobel prize who invented it. As he mentioned 'and with PCR if you do it well you can find anything in anybody', meaning above a certain level of amplification the result is totally meaningless. Each countries use different amplification levels, which would explain the disparities between countries, France goes up to 45-50 amplifications, which would make almost everyone positive at this point. Here is the vid of Mullis, who incidentally died on Aug 2019, sorry for this conspirationist detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLU4Udx5XYM

a bonus one where he speaks about Dr Fauci : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0cFpbvNQAk&feature;=youtu.be

welcome any constructive comments here.
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5484 posts since 29/7/05

5 Jan 2021 15:46
-DiscoTits- wrote: Aye we all long for the days when the only time you had to put up with the racist / loony family members was Christmas time, weddings and funerals. Now the fuckers are always there on WhatsApp.

Very true
I once had a forward in the group from a family member that was a video from enemy of the state showing how you can be tracked by a nanochip installed via vaccine. It was genius in its simplicity and also the target audience.
I wish fb would release the data of forwards.. maybe a monthly top 10 as that’s a great representation of what current topics are.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7865 posts since 21/4/05

5 Jan 2021 16:52
emixam wrote: I would like Swede to explain the PCR test with his industry background. They are not meant to detect a viral infection, per Kay Mullis himself, the Nobel prize who invented it. As he mentioned 'and with PCR if you do it well you can find anything in anybody', meaning above a certain level of amplification the result is totally meaningless. Each countries use different amplification levels, which would explain the disparities between countries, France goes up to 45-50 amplifications, which would make almost everyone positive at this point. Here is the vid of Mullis, who incidentally died on Aug 2019, sorry for this conspirationist detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLU4Udx5XYM

a bonus one where he speaks about Dr Fauci : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0cFpbvNQAk&feature;=youtu.be

welcome any constructive comments here.


https://fullfact.org/online/pcr-test-mullis/

Whats your point? That PCR tests are too sensitive?
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

920 posts since 26/11/07

posted 5 Jan 2021 17:40, edited 5 Jan 2021 17:40
Watching the conference there with Bo Jo, Whitty and Valance. To me the scientists still appear to be relying on herd immunity which is a dangerous game as it simply won't work with the way our strategy is being played out. You have to ask, has public health policy now been politicised? A Knighthood winging it's way to Whitty soon? Definitely need to get some more independent voices in these conferences who aren't afraid to call out Bojos bullshit.
Anto
Anto avatar

3981 posts since 19/1/12

6 Jan 2021 03:15
Sedentary lifestyle people, eating shit, smoking, drinking, and taking any kind of drugs sold by someone on the street or internet, all things whose negative effects are known and tested, debating if a vaccine, which could save you from a disease with potentially lethal direct or indirect effects, has to be taken or not because potential long term effects are not well known…unreal Jawdropping!
joe6886
joe6886 avatar

900 posts since 16/11/08

6 Jan 2021 07:12
Had the chat with a lad at work if he’d take it or not, he smokes, drinks about 3 cans of red bull a day, only eats frozen food. His thoughts on fresh fruit and veg are that if it comes out the ground or grows on a tree, he won’t eat it. He wouldn’t take the vaccine because ‘Hes not putting that shit in his body’

How effective can the vaccine be if the country is so split in regards to taking it?
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20527 posts since 26/1/06

posted 6 Jan 2021 08:07, edited 6 Jan 2021 08:07
joe6886 wrote: He wouldn’t take the vaccine because ‘Hes not putting that shit in his body’

https://youtu.be/QOkA_BdFqfM

joe6886 wrote: How effective can the vaccine be if the country is so split in regards to taking it?

I don't know, natural selection….