General Discussion: The Fuk Restaurant Thread!


Show original post
MrPlatinum
MrPlatinum avatar

8939 posts since 24/2/04

4 Mar 2010 13:51
Laughing out loud

"I know you don't take bookings but I'd like to reserve a table for me and my ego. I'll be having Big Mac and he'll be having an even Bigger Mac"
sixpence
sixpence avatar

163 posts since 30/4/09

4 Mar 2010 14:45
You can book ahead there but they only take a few so do it well in advance… I've always wanted to go into that rather dingy looking 'vip' room that they have Laughing out loud
stoney
stoney avatar

17536 posts since 22/1/05

21 Mar 2010 18:29
Looking for somewhere in covent garden for weds, early pm for me and a bird, not mad pricy but somewhere cool, any suggestions ?
Sleuth
Sleuth avatar

5374 posts since 12/9/04

21 Mar 2010 19:41
fire & stone next to the walkabout is nice enough inside for pizza etc.

DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14378 posts since 21/2/07

21 Mar 2010 19:50
Cafe Pacifico maybe (Mexican), Wahaca is perhaps better and also in Covent Garden but not really a good date place.
stoney
stoney avatar

17536 posts since 22/1/05

21 Mar 2010 20:07
both sound ok, will give em a look cheers.
flipmode
flipmode avatar

1318 posts since 25/10/05

21 Mar 2010 20:12
clos maggoire, book a table in the conservatory
Serbia
Serbia avatar

4932 posts since 22/3/06

21 Mar 2010 20:15
went here on reading on sat:

http://www.zerodegrees.co.uk/

fine for what it is, pizza etc.. 6/10
velvet
velvet avatar

9530 posts since 12/6/06

21 Mar 2010 20:49
Sleuth wrote: fire & stone next to the walkabout is nice enough inside for pizza etc.

fire and stone pizzas are horrendous
burny
burny avatar

5874 posts since 25/5/06

21 Mar 2010 21:11
Got the train from Bristol to London today just to go to Santa Maria del Sur in Clapham for lunch. My god that was the best best steak I've ever eaten. Perfect restaurant, food, atmosphere, service and wine all perfect.
*****************************
THE BEATMONKEYS
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

21 Mar 2010 23:00
Just been to the blue elephant in fulham,

Pretty nice, not the best thai food i've ever had but up there. Had the set menu at 39 a head for 4 courses, loads of food.
Sleuth
Sleuth avatar

5374 posts since 12/9/04

21 Mar 2010 23:01
velvet wrote:
Sleuth wrote: fire & stone next to the walkabout is nice enough inside for pizza etc.

fire and stone pizzas are horrendous

Why?

I went there once with a group of people and it was decent enough.

http://www.fireandstone.com/coventgarden/restaurant/index.asp

velvet
velvet avatar

9530 posts since 12/6/06

21 Mar 2010 23:07
Sleuth wrote:
velvet wrote:
Sleuth wrote: fire & stone next to the walkabout is nice enough inside for pizza etc.

fire and stone pizzas are horrendous

Why?

I went there once with a group of people and it was decent enough.

http://www.fireandstone.com/coventgarden/restaurant/index.asp

can't pinpoint, i had something from asia…it just seems they are made without any care..like they are just in it for the dough

stelfox
stelfox avatar

8488 posts since 11/3/09

25 Mar 2010 00:46
Homer wrote: Just been to the blue elephant in fulham,

Pretty nice, not the best thai food i've ever had but up there. Had the set menu at 39 a head for 4 courses, loads of food.

Keep meaning to try here, heard it's good from a couple different people. Bit out your way isn't it?
loom
loom avatar

1444 posts since 2/6/07

25 Mar 2010 01:49
velvet wrote:
Sleuth wrote:
velvet wrote:
Sleuth wrote: fire & stone next to the walkabout is nice enough inside for pizza etc.

fire and stone pizzas are horrendous

Why?

I went there once with a group of people and it was decent enough.

http://www.fireandstone.com/coventgarden/restaurant/index.asp

can't pinpoint, i had something from asia…it just seems they are made without any care..like they are just in it for the dough

Da dun tss
Opium
Opium avatar

2038 posts since 28/5/03

28 Mar 2010 21:55
Has anyone been to The Boundary? http://www.theboundary.co.uk/restaurant/food/
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

28 Mar 2010 22:21
Decent fish restaurant in london?

staygold
staygold avatar

5016 posts since 21/11/05

28 Mar 2010 22:22
Homer wrote: Decent fish restaurant in london?
Randall & Aubin is very good and of course J.Sheekey
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

28 Mar 2010 22:26
stay gold wrote:
Homer wrote: Decent fish restaurant in london?
Randall & Aubin is very good and of course J.Sheekey


Seems impossible to book decent times at Sheekey's online, its either really early or really late
jimm
jimm avatar

1558 posts since 22/11/04

28 Mar 2010 22:32
Scott's?