General Discussion: The Fuk Restaurant Thread!


Show original post
MoB
MoB avatar

37224 posts since 31/8/04

15 Sep 2010 19:26
jimm wrote: Good choice
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14389 posts since 21/2/07

15 Sep 2010 19:29
Going to St. John tonight and then Koffmann's new place at the weekend for cheap set lunch. Decided the really topper places were a bit boring, fuck having to wear a suit to dinner anyway.
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14389 posts since 21/2/07

15 Sep 2010 19:31
Cool

I'm pretty excited for this at the weekend as well, http://www.the-berkeley.co.uk/koffmanns.aspx his old restaurant was pretty legendary
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

15 Sep 2010 20:01
shorty wrote: Can i have some lower budget recommendations for covent garden or around the Strand area? staying there for a week from Thurs, like places like Wahaca, Real Greek, that kind of price…?


Im gunna stalk you on my lunch Laughing out loud
San
San avatar

10493 posts since 14/11/05

16 Sep 2010 03:34
jimm wrote: Good choice. St John is opening a restaurant and hotel in central London too soon.
Do you know who is taking on the restaurant at the new W hotel in Leicester Square when it opnes in feb?
shorty
shorty avatar

6805 posts since 16/4/03

16 Sep 2010 08:39
Homer wrote:
shorty wrote: Can i have some lower budget recommendations for covent garden or around the Strand area? staying there for a week from Thurs, like places like Wahaca, Real Greek, that kind of price…?


Im gunna stalk you on my lunch Laughing out loud

unless yu have your lunch around 9pm, thats gonna be pretty weird Laughing out loud

You cant miss a load of girls from mac out for dinner anyways so see you in covent garden!!
b.bravo
b.bravo avatar

1079 posts since 13/8/08

16 Sep 2010 08:58
http://www.themeatwagon.co.uk/

this friday theyre in east.

they do the best philly cheese steak in london.

The Little Fellow
The Little Fellow avatar

6 posts since 16/9/10

16 Sep 2010 17:01
Has anyone here been to Dans le Noir (the restaurant in the dark)?
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14389 posts since 21/2/07

18 Sep 2010 19:52
St. John was excellent (but you all knew that already) and today went to Koffmann's at the Berkeley which is really nice trad french, highly recommend people go for the lunch time prix fixe, 3 courses for £22.50 which is incredible value considering the food and the prices of the a la carte dishes (can easily pay more than that for 1 main).
stillhere
stillhere avatar

5017 posts since 15/1/06

19 Sep 2010 01:05
Went les trois garçons tonight.
Had crab tortellini with bacon crisp and lemongrass sauce to start, pork belly and pork shoulder with pea and ham
croquettes, fennel and some sort of sauce for main. Tiramassu with vanilla ice cream and some sort of mousse for dessert.
All three courses were very nice, especially the main
rural
rural avatar

17817 posts since 26/9/06

21 Sep 2010 02:52
Booyah
http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/most-wanted/wagamama-cooks-up-japanese-take-away-delivery-service-3992.html

edit: The Delivery service isn't available at Shepards Bush btw, it's just Earls Court at the moment.
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

21 Sep 2010 09:04
Cool


nick2
nick2 avatar

7231 posts since 18/2/09

21 Sep 2010 12:04
jimm wrote: Topper restaurants are a little obvious and full of the worst sorts of people (R and his family),

Laughing out loud
Serbia
Serbia avatar

4932 posts since 22/3/06

21 Sep 2010 13:58
rural wrote: Booyah
http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/most-wanted/wagamama-cooks-up-japanese-take-away-delivery-service-3992.html

edit: The Delivery service isn't available at Shepards Bush btw, it's just Earls Court at the moment.
all the west london ones say collection only for me
R
R avatar

13309 posts since 17/5/03

21 Sep 2010 16:08
jimm wrote: Topper restaurants are a little obvious and full of the worst sorts of people (R and his family), no? Why not do something interesting like the Stolen Supper Club in Notting Hill or the Hel Yes pop-up restaurant in Shoreditch for design week. You know, a bit of culture while you eat.

Topper restaurants = way better than that shite full of students and bicycle riders
rural
rural avatar

17817 posts since 26/9/06

21 Sep 2010 21:08
bresone wrote:
rural wrote: Booyah
http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/most-wanted/wagamama-cooks-up-japanese-take-away-delivery-service-3992.html

edit: The Delivery service isn't available at Shepards Bush btw, it's just Earls Court at the moment.
all the west london ones say collection only for me

Had mine delivered from Earls Court last night, ring them up. As i said the only branch offering home delivery is there.
http://www.wagamama.com/asset/gb/files/location/menus/1284969340_5655%20wuk%20delivery%20menu%20delsum5.pdf
Serbia
Serbia avatar

4932 posts since 22/3/06

22 Sep 2010 01:15
rural wrote:
bresone wrote:
rural wrote: Booyah
http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/most-wanted/wagamama-cooks-up-japanese-take-away-delivery-service-3992.html

edit: The Delivery service isn't available at Shepards Bush btw, it's just Earls Court at the moment.
all the west london ones say collection only for me

Had mine delivered from Earls Court last night, ring them up. As i said the only branch offering home delivery is there.
http://www.wagamama.com/asset/gb/files/location/menus/1284969340_5655%20wuk%20delivery%20menu%20delsum5.pdf

nice one
jeg
jeg avatar

2266 posts since 12/12/01

22 Sep 2010 11:51
The Little Fellow wrote: Has anyone here been to Dans le Noir (the restaurant in the dark)?

My Mrs went with work last year
She said it was shite, food was pretty poor and a lot of it goes on ya clothes and hands (not from the waiters, but from yourself)
jeg
jeg avatar

2266 posts since 12/12/01

22 Sep 2010 11:53
DuffMan wrote: Cool

I'm pretty excited for this at the weekend as well, http://www.the-berkeley.co.uk/koffmanns.aspx his old restaurant was pretty legendary

how was it?
A friend of mine knows Koffman and his Mrs and reckons I should go there instead of Ramsay Hospital Road
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14389 posts since 21/2/07

22 Sep 2010 13:21
DuffMan wrote: …went to Koffmann's at the Berkeley which is really nice trad french, highly recommend people go for the lunch time prix fixe, 3 courses for £22.50 which is incredible value considering the food and the prices of the a la carte dishes (can easily pay more than that for 1 main).

It was very good, I had gourmande salad (basically foie gras salad Laughing out loud ) , partridge which was delicious and incredibly tender and a blackberry swiss roll and you get vegetables and really good chips as extras for the table free (that lot cost £22.50)