General Discussion: FUK summer 2015 Six pack challenge = Ineff Challenge - Can you repeat his success


Show original post
spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2314 posts since 12/6/10

posted 2 May 2020 18:32, edited 2 May 2020 18:32
.
shields88
shields88 avatar

464 posts since 25/5/11

4 May 2020 09:23

I just got a pair of the 3's about 4 month ago. Gutted cos these look amazing.
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4652 posts since 13/1/10

11 May 2020 18:23
Razorlight123 wrote: Cheers mate, I've gone for these bands - abit pricey @ £25 but definitely looks better quality than the shit ones on eBay etc and these are shipping from UK (weights 20/25/30lbs)

Seller has more available…


Or he has got this one available for £10 (35lbs):


If you are using these or similar, highly recommend this guys workouts:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiO1SkxDa6Q3Vik7HQ7GrBA
Bails78
Bails78 avatar

666 posts since 6/1/08

4 Jun 2020 07:46
Anyone recommend a good tasting Vegan Protein powder, tried some brand called Misfit and it was awful.

Trying to stay away from Soy protein as well .
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20411 posts since 26/1/06

4 Jun 2020 08:07
Currently on Nutrisport 90+ Protein Vegan Unflavoured, very smooth and very neutral in taste, but it's one third soya. I mix it with muesli so can't comment on how it tastes as a shake. It's the best I've had in a while.

Before that I was using Myprotein Vegan Protein Blend (soya-free), which was also decent. I only didn't re-order because the unflavoured was out of stock at the time.
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1319 posts since 16/9/11

posted 4 Jun 2020 11:06, edited 4 Jun 2020 11:06
Soy turns me into a methane machine, CSB etc
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9027 posts since 6/10/05

posted 4 Jun 2020 12:47, edited 4 Jun 2020 12:47
I'd stay away from soya it reduces testosterone
willesdengreen
willesdengreen avatar

607 posts since 10/6/10

4 Jun 2020 20:29
any fukers got recommendations for beginner calisthenics programs or workouts? winging it with some stuff i've googled so far

only do cardio atm + thought would be a good idea to get into strength / resistance training. no gym or equipment tho cos rona …
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20411 posts since 26/1/06

5 Jun 2020 07:38
Seventyfour wrote: I'd stay away from soya it reduces testosterone

Actually being overweight reduces testosterone.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/pregnancy-and-child/soya-based-food-and-male-fertility/
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1158 posts since 1/7/09

5 Jun 2020 07:48
Bails78 wrote: Anyone recommend a good tasting Vegan Protein powder, tried some brand called Misfit and it was awful.

Trying to stay away from Soy protein as well .

This shit was the bomb. Bit expensive though.

https://www.planetorganic.com/form-superblend-protein-chocolate-salted-caramel-520g/26296/
swede
swede avatar

8930 posts since 21/3/09

5 Jun 2020 08:22
willesdengreen wrote: any fukers got recommendations for beginner calisthenics programs or workouts? winging it with some stuff i've googled so far

only do cardio atm + thought would be a good idea to get into strength / resistance training. no gym or equipment tho cos rona …

would like the same - but including a pull up bar I've just got mounted (strength level: can just about do 1 shitty muscle up - but can do sets of 3x sets of 10x pull ups)
swede
swede avatar

8930 posts since 21/3/09

5 Jun 2020 08:23
or even just a program dedicated to pull up bars. been enjoying mixing it up with cliffhanger pull ups tbh
willesdengreen
willesdengreen avatar

607 posts since 10/6/10

5 Jun 2020 10:31
swede wrote:
willesdengreen wrote: any fukers got recommendations for beginner calisthenics programs or workouts? winging it with some stuff i've googled so far

only do cardio atm + thought would be a good idea to get into strength / resistance training. no gym or equipment tho cos rona …

would like the same - but including a pull up bar I've just got mounted (strength level: can just about do 1 shitty muscle up - but can do sets of 3x sets of 10x pull ups)

what bar did you get out of interest? a door frame one?

i'm only doing push exercises at the moment so definitely need to invest in one of these
smith
smith avatar

10956 posts since 5/5/04

5 Jun 2020 10:56
Ive lost 3kg since I introduced skipping to my workout about a month ago. It's brutal and find it harder than doing a 5km run. Lost a lot of my belly fat but want to put that weight back on elsewhere. Will be difficult without sacrificing the cardio Sad

beardywierdy
beardywierdy avatar

642 posts since 8/1/13

5 Jun 2020 11:01
I underestimated body weight stuff; I was previously doing weights/kettlebells in the gym but have had to adapt. I looked on eBay for some kettlebells and the clowns wanted £100 for a 20kg bell.

I got a set of simple push up handles and a pull up bar, and I might get a set of parellette bars.
I did a google of push up variations and it’s amazing how you can build a good chest via body weight alone.
I thought my chest was strong from benching until I tried a few sets of decline push ups!
I reckon at some point I will need a weighted vest but I reckon I will ditch the weights for good.
Mark
Mark avatar

1013 posts since 24/5/08

5 Jun 2020 11:44
Bails78 wrote: Anyone recommend a good tasting Vegan Protein powder, tried some brand called Misfit and it was awful.

Trying to stay away from Soy protein as well .

https://uk.huel.com/products/huel-black-edition
smith
smith avatar

10956 posts since 5/5/04

posted 5 Jun 2020 11:47, edited 5 Jun 2020 11:47
beardywierdy wrote: I underestimated body weight stuff; I was previously doing weights/kettlebells in the gym but have had to adapt. I looked on eBay for some kettlebells and the clowns wanted £100 for a 20kg bell.

I got a set of simple push up handles and a pull up bar, and I might get a set of parellette bars.
I did a google of push up variations and it’s amazing how you can build a good chest via body weight alone.
I thought my chest was strong from benching until I tried a few sets of decline push ups!
I reckon at some point I will need a weighted vest but I reckon I will ditch the weights for good.
That's true. Been going gym for a decade now and upper body on a bench is my main routine. I saw that "bring sally up bring sally down" push up routine challenge doing the rounds on twitter and thought "I got this". Didn't get very far through it and my body ached like I'd just done my first ever gym workout for over a week Laughing out loud

Now Ive introduced it into my workout plan and do three sets of it as far I can go. Still nowhere near completing the workout till the end of the song which I've seen is possible by a select few on youtube.
beardywierdy
beardywierdy avatar

642 posts since 8/1/13

5 Jun 2020 11:54
I am pretty good on the pull ups, as I have been doing them for ages but still trying to find a way into the calisthenics, as some of the stuff is insane
spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2314 posts since 12/6/10

7 Jun 2020 13:58
Anyone recommend a massage gun? Not looking to drop big bucks
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1319 posts since 16/9/11

8 Jun 2020 12:37
I've got this https://exogun.com/products/dreampro?utm_campaign=Best%20Friends%20Day%20v2%20%28VkN2aa%29&utm;_medium=email&utm;_source=Opened%20Email&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJzYW1lZXIuaXNtYWlsQGdtYWlsLmNvbSIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIk1rZXZtUSJ9 and it's really good. Code BFF for a further $15 off.