General Discussion: FUK summer 2015 Six pack challenge = Ineff Challenge - Can you repeat his success


Show original post
Fläsket
Fläsket avatar

3893 posts since 14/8/04

8 Jun 2020 14:20
swede wrote:
willesdengreen wrote: any fukers got recommendations for beginner calisthenics programs or workouts? winging it with some stuff i've googled so far

only do cardio atm + thought would be a good idea to get into strength / resistance training. no gym or equipment tho cos rona …

would like the same - but including a pull up bar I've just got mounted (strength level: can just about do 1 shitty muscle up - but can do sets of 3x sets of 10x pull ups)

get at Ineff - https://www.instagram.com/p/B4z47gmpgMP/

Or give this a go - https://twentypullups.com/
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9308 posts since 6/10/05

8 Jun 2020 14:56
spitfiredealer wrote: Anyone recommend a massage gun? Not looking to drop big bucks

I got a phenix one off ebay, had I recommended by pretty good athlete. I only payed about £40 shipped and it is sound.

It wasn't necessarily this link but one of these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401923478191
spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2495 posts since 12/6/10

8 Jun 2020 16:43
Thanks man. Has it helped with injuries or just good for helping with DOMS?
swede
swede avatar

9538 posts since 21/3/09

8 Jun 2020 17:19
willesdengreen wrote:
swede wrote:
willesdengreen wrote: any fukers got recommendations for beginner calisthenics programs or workouts? winging it with some stuff i've googled so far

only do cardio atm + thought would be a good idea to get into strength / resistance training. no gym or equipment tho cos rona …

would like the same - but including a pull up bar I've just got mounted (strength level: can just about do 1 shitty muscle up - but can do sets of 3x sets of 10x pull ups)

what bar did you get out of interest? a door frame one?

i'm only doing push exercises at the moment so definitely need to invest in one of these

na a proper pull up bar mounted outside in my patio. its great

RickRude
RickRude avatar

3815 posts since 13/1/12

8 Jun 2020 17:21
Guarantee it snaps
swede
swede avatar

9538 posts since 21/3/09

posted 8 Jun 2020 17:39, edited 8 Jun 2020 17:39
i'm not 20 stone like you pal
Owlix
Owlix avatar

2052 posts since 16/10/08

28 Aug 2020 11:40
Not entirely relevant to the thread but not sure where else to post it. Any had any experience with fracturing/breaking their ankle? I fractured mine on Wednesday playing baseball and just wondered if anyone could shed some light on average recovery time/when I can get back to training?
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9308 posts since 6/10/05

28 Aug 2020 13:09
I broke my ankle when I was 11 or 12 the bone didn't straight brake it split or cracked up the bone from the joint, in three cracks I couldn't put any pressure on it at all for months or the bone would have splayed out, had a full leg pot on (do they still do that?) it was a right ball ache Laughing out loud
TCB
TCB avatar

4727 posts since 5/7/11

28 Aug 2020 13:19
swede wrote: i'm not 20 stone like you pal
#

How are you getting on with it Swede?
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9308 posts since 6/10/05

20 Oct 2020 21:31
Can anyone recommend a good App that I can log my workouts on?

I'm currently using the techno gym app and it's good but since I changed gyms it was a bit glitchy, I'm moving gyms again now and it's not a Techno gym, gym so I doubt it will work at all. I need something with a vast amount of equipment is there anything universal out there where you can just scan the equipment?
blackham
blackham avatar

1845 posts since 17/7/13

21 Oct 2020 07:47
Seventyfour wrote: Can anyone recommend a good App that I can log my workouts on?

I'm currently using the techno gym app and it's good but since I changed gyms it was a bit glitchy, I'm moving gyms again now and it's not a Techno gym, gym so I doubt it will work at all. I need something with a vast amount of equipment is there anything universal out there where you can just scan the equipment?

I've been using https://www.strong.app/ intermittently for the past 3/4 years. It's intuitive and allows you to customise all your exercises, sets, reps as well as body weight, BF%, calorie intakes etc.. It has an automatic time rest period which I found really useful and will log your weights, reps, percentages etc. I think the pro version, which is well worth the money, is ~£25 a year. Can be linked to an apple watch too, if that's your thing.
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9308 posts since 6/10/05

24 Dec 2020 02:14
I'm looking for suggestions for some new gym shorts with some zip pockets and not too long.
Also do any of you wear a lifting belt looking to get one any recommendations?
TheTiger
TheTiger avatar

4129 posts since 23/2/03

24 Dec 2020 03:21
Going into Tier 4 on Boxing Day and going to give this Apple Fitness Plus app a go for a month. Any suggestions on some cheap dumbbells I can buy for the workouts? I play a lot of tennis but when it comes to weights/fitness I’m a total beginner and wouldn’t say I have great upper body strength, so don’t even know where to begin.
spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2495 posts since 12/6/10

24 Dec 2020 07:25
I would imagine DB’s are going to rarer than rocking horse shit now. Get whatever you can
swede
swede avatar

9538 posts since 21/3/09

24 Dec 2020 08:04
TCB wrote:
swede wrote: i'm not 20 stone like you pal
#

How are you getting on with it Swede?

Didn’t see this - yeah it’s great! Really sturdy. Obviously shit when it’s raining but awesome to have something I can access instantly… often find myself doing some pull ups while bbqing. I can do some pretty poor form/wobbly elbow muscle ups now; want to get my technique better though
deuce
deuce avatar

14003 posts since 21/1/08

24 Dec 2020 09:04
So basically you use it as a washing line then?
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3815 posts since 13/1/12

posted 24 Dec 2020 10:00, edited 24 Dec 2020 10:00
Uses it maybe 5 days a year then if only using whilst BBQing #alwaysshitweather
deuce
deuce avatar

14003 posts since 21/1/08

24 Dec 2020 10:46
also, i claim total bullshit that swede can do a pull up, let alone a muscle up. he's built like dr robotnik
Burt
Burt avatar

6145 posts since 3/1/10

24 Dec 2020 10:51
Seventyfour wrote: I'm looking for suggestions for some new gym shorts with some zip pockets and not too long.
Could have a look at TCA, gear, 74 - their stuff is decent and reasonably priced. 15% off for new users too.
Burt
Burt avatar

6145 posts since 3/1/10

24 Dec 2020 11:00
Had this delivered a few days ago. Been on the waiting list since September. Cracking piece of kit…