General Discussion: FUK summer 2015 Six pack challenge = Ineff Challenge - Can you repeat his success


Show original post
spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2596 posts since 12/6/10

18 Jun 2022 21:08
I quite like cream of rice. Gotta add some fruit or something with it though.
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9623 posts since 6/10/05

18 Jun 2022 22:40
spitfiredealer wrote: I quite like cream of rice. Gotta add some fruit or something with it though.

I think it's a texture thing it reminds me of that semalina shit they used to give you at school in the 80s Sick!
Bails78
Bails78 avatar

768 posts since 6/1/08

19 Jun 2022 08:30
NigelBenn wrote: Lads Cool
I’m looking to get ripped for an Ibiza trip. What cycle shall I run? Ideally something that prevents hair loss. Never done before.

I would check out the following https://instagram.com/deanstm?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://instagram.com/joe_physiquecollective?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Two of the best in the game when it comes to AAS usage. Have a look at their stories and then if you like what you see check their websites out for more in depth stuff.
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3684 posts since 16/4/10

posted 1 Aug 2022 19:20, edited 1 Aug 2022 19:20
Has anyone here managed to add weight to dumbbells before?

I want to be able to add either a 2.5kg plate or a 5kg plate to existing dumbbells.
Anyone managed this successfully?

I’ve seen the magnet ones which are limited, and have also seen Olympic dumbbell bars, but the size of the weights going onto them would make it impossible to press close to the chest.
Scottishmark
Scottishmark avatar

845 posts since 25/1/11

1 Aug 2022 20:06
I used to do it in the gym - 2.5kg was easier but 5kg was dooable. It’s almost impossible to explain how without having all the shit infront of me and you being there though Laughing out loud .

Are you at home or in gym? What is the heaviest weight DB you’ve got?
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3684 posts since 16/4/10

1 Aug 2022 20:22
In the gym.

I will change gyms eventually, but need a solution for the moment.

Heaviest DB is 38kg, pretty standard in most commercial gyms.
spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2596 posts since 12/6/10

1 Aug 2022 20:46
If you have a spotter they can place some lighter DB’s on top of the dumbbells you are pressing. Creating a cross. Obviously don’t full grip the dumbbells you are holding.
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3720 posts since 29/5/05

1 Aug 2022 20:56
chains
MerciBeau
MerciBeau avatar

4450 posts since 7/7/06

posted 1 Aug 2022 21:00, edited 1 Aug 2022 21:00
eazypz wrote: Has anyone here managed to add weight to dumbbells before?

I want to be able to add either a 2.5kg plate or a 5kg plate to existing dumbbells.
Anyone managed this successfully?

I’ve seen the magnet ones which are limited, and have also seen Olympic dumbbell bars, but the size of the weights going onto them would make it impossible to press close to the chest.

Rogue make these little clip on things:
https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-add-on-change-plate-pair

Obviously not as heavy as you'd like.
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3684 posts since 16/4/10

posted 1 Aug 2022 22:10, edited 1 Aug 2022 22:10
spitfiredealer wrote: If you have a spotter they can place some lighter DB’s on top of the dumbbells you are pressing. Creating a cross. Obviously don’t full grip the dumbbells you are holding.

Solo 99% of the time.


morning mist wrote: chains

After something a bit more practical. Don’t fancy buying and lugging around chains.
If the gym had their own chains, then the highest dumbbell would be more than 38kg


I’m literally looking to utilise the existing equipment, and use something like a bungee strap to add plates onto a dumbbell, just not sure how to do it!
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3720 posts since 29/5/05

1 Aug 2022 22:29
at some point you need extra equipment or adjust how you structure your workout

for example you can pre-exhaust your secondary muscle group (triceps) before you train chest, that will force you to actually lower the weight but put more stress on your chest
MerciBeau
MerciBeau avatar

4450 posts since 7/7/06

1 Aug 2022 22:46
eazypz wrote:
spitfiredealer wrote: If you have a spotter they can place some lighter DB’s on top of the dumbbells you are pressing. Creating a cross. Obviously don’t full grip the dumbbells you are holding.

Solo 99% of the time.


morning mist wrote: chains

After something a bit more practical. Don’t fancy buying and lugging around chains.
If the gym had their own chains, then the highest dumbbell would be more than 38kg


I’m literally looking to utilise the existing equipment, and use something like a bungee strap to add plates onto a dumbbell, just not sure how to do it!

You could use resistance bands - the resistance curve wouldn't be the same as free weights but it would work.
Scottishmark
Scottishmark avatar

845 posts since 25/1/11

posted 2 Aug 2022 09:22, edited 2 Aug 2022 09:22


Here’s what I used to do. Sit the 5kg plate flush on top of the DB then loop resistance bands through the hole of the 5kg plate and round the handle of the DB.

Securing the plate to the DB was never easy. You can just loop the residence bands (or I sometimes used ancient kneee wraps) through the hole, around the body of the plate and back around the handle of the dumbbell but the best way I found (and this only works if all your gear happens to fit together like this) was to squeeze the handle side of a clip for holding plates on a barbell through the hole on the 5kg plate. See below. You then end up with the circular side of the clip on one side of the 5kg plate and the handles on the other side. Place the plate on the DB with the circular but facing in the way and use that as an anchor point to tie the plate to the handle of the DB.

If you manage to rig all that up make sure that when you’re lifting the weights up the plate ends up on the very top otherwise the weight will be unevenly distributed and you’ll die.

This does actually work. I’ve done it to add 5kg to both 40 and 50kg DBs in the past.

Hopefully my amazing pics help. Laughing out loud

MerciBeau
MerciBeau avatar

4450 posts since 7/7/06

2 Aug 2022 14:07
Some Macguyver tier shenanigans there
Burt
Burt avatar

6320 posts since 3/1/10

2 Aug 2022 14:38
Can't unsee…
smith
smith avatar

11793 posts since 5/5/04

2 Aug 2022 14:42
Laughing out loud

Scottishmark
Scottishmark avatar

845 posts since 25/1/11

2 Aug 2022 14:58
Hahahaha amazing. Laughing out loud

But it does work!
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3548 posts since 30/11/09

2 Aug 2022 15:08
Definitely your new avatar Mark. Laughing out loud
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3720 posts since 29/5/05

2 Aug 2022 15:24
Laughing out loud
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9623 posts since 6/10/05

posted 6 Aug 2022 17:47, edited 6 Aug 2022 17:47

Shoulder focused push session today, finished off on the stairmaster with no water to harden my body for when milspacker comes for me.