Menswear: Glasgow/Edinburgh stores


geremof
geremof avatar

41 posts since 12/11/12

30 Jul 2015 21:20
Hey guys,

Looking for any decent stores in Glasgow/Edinburgh. Only thing on my list currently is cruise for some new grensons. Any suggestions appreciated!

Rich
Egan
Egan avatar

408 posts since 17/10/11

30 Jul 2015 21:25
Glasgow is pretty shite for clothes in all honesty. Urban Outfitters have APC, Aspecto has Edwin and Cruise stocks some decent brands in among a lot of shite. I know the guys from Folk are opening up soon, but not sure when.

Edinburgh has Harvey Nicholls and Odd One Out used to be pretty good. I'm sure there are a couple of other decent shops, similar to Oi Polloi and End.
kozsie
kozsie avatar

96 posts since 12/9/07

posted 30 Jul 2015 21:47, edited 30 Jul 2015 21:47
Dicks heading down towards Stockbridge and I'm not sure if Kestin Hares still around the corner on St Stephen St, I'm sure they're moving to George St soon - both are decent though.

Harvey Nicks have some alright concessions in it now too and worth a look.

http://dicks-edinburgh.co.uk/

http://kestinhare.com/store
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20168 posts since 26/1/06

31 Jul 2015 09:32
Kestin Hare was still in St Stephen Street the last time I was passing (a couple of weeks ago).

Dick's is probably the best in Edinburgh.

The Brotique on the corner of Queen Street and Frederick Street has some accessories but nothing in the way of proper clothing.
PH
PH avatar

711 posts since 5/2/07

31 Jul 2015 09:37
W2 in Glasgow for CDG.
leemc77
leemc77 avatar

2545 posts since 24/10/06

31 Jul 2015 10:02
Best get the train to Aberdeen! Hanon / Kafka / Attic / Pure Man
SoulBhoy
SoulBhoy avatar

170 posts since 29/2/12

31 Jul 2015 11:17
PH wrote: W2 in Glasgow for CDG.

Decent selection of Folk, Margaret Howell and Norse Projects too
geremof
geremof avatar

41 posts since 12/11/12

31 Jul 2015 12:08
Brilliant, thanks gents. From Aberdeen just wanted to see if I was missing out anything while passing through. Will give them all a squint. Cheers!
FLG
FLG avatar

5858 posts since 21/5/04

31 Jul 2015 21:49
I hear End are opening in Glasgow near Merchant City as are Four Marketing (Stone Island, CP etc)
kozsie
kozsie avatar

96 posts since 12/9/07

31 Jul 2015 22:03
Good news if that's true - Glasgows lacked since Jives closed in my humblest.
PH
PH avatar

711 posts since 5/2/07

1 Aug 2015 10:31
If End open in Glasgow that would be great, the Newcastle OG is my favourite shop that I've never been to.

Whatever happened to Goodlife that used to sell Bape, Original Fake etc? I mind they closed to move somewhere else but then nothing.

Used to rate Goodstead in Edinburgh before it went under. I guess we don't do too bad for clothes shops in Aberdeen.
biglforlife
biglforlife avatar

2096 posts since 23/9/06

1 Aug 2015 11:17
FLG wrote: I hear End are opening in Glasgow near Merchant City as are Four Marketing (Stone Island, CP etc)

END opening in Glasgow would be great if they bring the same ranges they have online.
Hi-Definition
Hi-Definition avatar

1703 posts since 6/12/08

1 Aug 2015 15:08
The talk is End are going to take the current Armani unit and open spring next year with four marketing supposed to be this September but that seems very quick.

Edinburghs pretty much been covered but Harvey Nichols, Dicks, Kestin Hare, Xile, Focus and corniche are the main ones to see.

Did anyone reach sole bloc today at SWG3?
yellowpages
yellowpages avatar

2115 posts since 11/6/10

1 Aug 2015 15:38
Apparently the End guys/backers are no longer involved but the planned shop is still going ahead. Not sure it was ever going to be an End Glasgow anyway.
yellowpages
yellowpages avatar

2115 posts since 11/6/10

1 Aug 2015 15:39
PH wrote: Whatever happened to Goodlife that used to sell Bape, Original Fake etc? I mind they closed to move somewhere else but then nothing.

Did a bit of a runner, owed a lot of money etc.
adidaskev
adidaskev avatar

1001 posts since 30/11/11

1 Aug 2015 17:25
PH wrote: If End open in Glasgow that would be great, the Newcastle OG is my favourite shop that I've never been to.

Whatever happened to Goodlife that used to sell Bape, Original Fake etc? I mind they closed to move somewhere else but then nothing.

Used to rate Goodstead in Edinburgh before it went under. I guess we don't do too bad for clothes shops in Aberdeen.

Goodstead was a class shop. Was sad to see them call it a day. Forget how good Aberdeen is until you go to Glasgow/Edinburgh. Even Signature is a half decent shop.
geremof
geremof avatar

41 posts since 12/11/12

16 Aug 2015 11:07
Thanks for the suggestions again folks. Dicks and W2 were the clear winners for me. Not only great stock but great staff and no pressure to buy or pompous attitudes. The couple that run Dick's are incredibly passionate about where they source their stuff from. And the manager of W2 was an absolute gent; very knowledgeable from working previously for CDG. Bagged a few nice pieces from both and will definitely be heading back.

Headed through to Solebloc also on the Saturday. Was pretty underwhelmed but I've never been to a sneaker con so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I guess I'm just getting too old for that shit!
Alloy
Alloy avatar

85 posts since 3/8/08

16 Aug 2015 15:59
Cos in Princes Square
biglforlife
biglforlife avatar

2096 posts since 23/9/06

16 Aug 2015 18:19
geremof wrote: Thanks for the suggestions again folks. Dicks and W2 were the clear winners for me. Not only great stock but great staff and no pressure to buy or pompous attitudes. The couple that run Dick's are incredibly passionate about where they source their stuff from. And the manager of W2 was an absolute gent; very knowledgeable from working previously for CDG. Bagged a few nice pieces from both and will definitely be heading back.

Headed through to Solebloc also on the Saturday. Was pretty underwhelmed but I've never been to a sneaker con so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I guess I'm just getting too old for that shit!

Absolutely, he's always really nice and I always enjoy having a chat with him.
biglforlife
biglforlife avatar

2096 posts since 23/9/06

28 Feb 2016 16:47
Whatever happened to 18 Montrose? Is it open yet?

http://howtospendit.ft.com/personal-luxuries/92403-18-montrose-glasgows-great-new-store-concept