Menswear: Golf

Show original post
RVP10
RVP10 avatar

254 posts since 3/4/12

7 Sep 2021 18:57
Does anyone have a putting mat? Considering the perfect practice one but seems a bit of a hassle to store/get out/put away rather than just rolling up a standard mat, also not sure if practicing getting a good roll uphill is better or different than just practicing getting a good roll?

Also have started practicing chipping all the time, during work calls, having a cigarette etc. Feel super confident with any shot under 130ish apart from putter… I might just never learn to drive or hit long irons properly Laughing out loud

Found the perfect trousers and shorts too; lulumon commission, they’re unbelievable. The shorts might be the best shorts I’ve ever had? Will see how they hold up tho.
stoney
stoney avatar

17754 posts since 22/1/05

7 Sep 2021 19:02
My mates got that perfect practice. It’s really good. Best on market IMO. There are some cheap ones with chipping and stuff from China in the bay too.
smith
smith avatar

11369 posts since 5/5/04

7 Sep 2021 19:16
Just had a look at it and don't see the point of it as you're just hitting the ball straight. Getting golf club early before your tee off and practicing some testing uphill/downhill putts surely more beneficial.

I always putt with one hand when practicing. Gives a much nicer feel of the swing in your hand before you can cheat and use two hands on the golf course.
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4818 posts since 17/10/07

9 Sep 2021 09:29
RVP10 wrote: Does anyone have a putting mat? Considering the perfect practice one but seems a bit of a hassle to store/get out/put away rather than just rolling up a standard mat, also not sure if practicing getting a good roll uphill is better or different than just practicing getting a good roll?

Also have started practicing chipping all the time, during work calls, having a cigarette etc. Feel super confident with any shot under 130ish apart from putter… I might just never learn to drive or hit long irons properly Laughing out loud

Found the perfect trousers and shorts too; lulumon commission, they’re unbelievable. The shorts might be the best shorts I’ve ever had? Will see how they hold up tho.

I've got a PuttOut pressure putt trainer and putting mat which I'll sell if you're after one