General Discussion: Greta Thunberg


Show original post
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3551 posts since 21/2/10

18 Nov 2019 15:14
Holy shit, are we actually witnessing the start of his manifesto?
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2164 posts since 16/7/11

18 Nov 2019 16:17
I don't understand your need to criticise Greta Thunberg as a person. Even if she was completely autistic, and was being taken for a ride for the people around here, and we agreed she was arrogant beyond belief to be telling people how they ought to live and what they've got wrong, those facts wouldn't make her points any more or less true. If you refuse to believe in climate change then that's up to you.

If there was an annoying kid with mental problems espousing things you agreed with would you be as touchy about it? Would you have started a thread about them? I think not. Really you just want to discredit her because you don't believe in or don't like to hear about climate change. What will you say if you were wrong and in a the next few years climate change becomes an undeniable reality? Will you still think it was wrong of her to have tried to bring about change as a teenager?
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1152 posts since 1/7/09

18 Nov 2019 16:57
Greta's gonna need to file a restraining order against fudge. This is some Jodie Foster-type shit going down.

O B S E S S E D
toin
toin avatar

1822 posts since 1/4/13

18 Nov 2019 18:12
krisricey
krisricey avatar

2185 posts since 24/3/12

11 Dec 2019 13:54
Get ready to have your piss boiled:

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-greta-thunberg-has-been-named-as-times-2019-person-of-the-year-20191211
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

posted 11 Dec 2019 14:40, edited 11 Dec 2019 14:40
^ hmmm no that doesn’t affect me.

Didn’t Time magazine also have Bin Laden as a nominee once and Hitler was actually their person of the year too?

Doesn’t mean a thing really.

Edit: oh and Stalin twice, both George Bush’s, as well as Trump and Putin.

Greta in good company. People telling you how to live your lives.
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6828 posts since 5/6/07

11 Dec 2019 14:40
Global liberal media machine out here WINNING fudge.

He’s not gonna be APPY
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

11 Dec 2019 14:44
EssexBoyII wrote: Global liberal media machine out here WINNING fudge.

He’s not gonna be APPY

How do you work that out? Paris has had a years worth of riots, Trump gonna smash the next elections Eastern European countries voting for right wing strongmen, Germany on the brink of collapse.. and labour face being obliterated.

Take the rose tinted shades off.
padawan
padawan avatar

4320 posts since 27/6/03

11 Dec 2019 14:48
deserves it….go Greta!
TCB
TCB avatar

4314 posts since 5/7/11

11 Dec 2019 15:13
padawan wrote: deserves it….go Greta!
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4303 posts since 24/8/06

11 Dec 2019 15:31
Yep she’s the best
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6828 posts since 5/6/07

11 Dec 2019 16:35
Do think she should be given Nobel prize tbf
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7592 posts since 21/4/05

11 Dec 2019 20:21
Ah yes, they might have to rescind the award in 20 years if it turns out she *just* helped change attitudes to pollution and climate change thereby literally improving the world and probably assisting thousands to millions of lives in being improved or actually saved.

Because - what was it again - we should carry on as we are because otherwise the Chinese would enjoy a competitive advantage by burning outdated fossil fuels with 40 year old technology Laughing out loud
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

posted 14 Dec 2019 19:37, edited 14 Dec 2019 19:37
^ you can’t be as stupid as you sound.

Her position is not just about climate change - she says so herself -

“That action must be powerful and wide-ranging. After all, the climate crisis is not just about the environment. It is a crisis of human rights, of justice, and of political will. Colonial, racist, and patriarchal systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all. Our political leaders can no longer shirk their responsibilities.”

That’s why they’re all against nuclear power - because it solves the problem of producing clean energy and not breaking down colonial systems. Roll Eyes

Climate change is socialism and communism repackaged.

Bill Maher admitted the Green New Deal was just wealth redistribution under another guise.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

14 Dec 2019 19:48
EssexBoyII wrote: Do think she should be given Nobel prize tbf

Yeah she DEFINITELY deserved it ahead of the chap who’s been working for 20 years to achieve peace between Ethiopia and Eritrea.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4732 posts since 17/10/07

14 Dec 2019 19:57
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

15 Dec 2019 05:58
Crackajack wrote: Ah yes, they might have to rescind the award in 20 years if it turns out she *just* helped change attitudes to pollution and climate change thereby literally improving the world and probably assisting thousands to millions of lives in being improved or actually saved.

OR she helps perpetuate the lies of leftists using the climate change hoax as a vehicle for Marxism and ruins our societies and economies. Just sayin
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1436 posts since 30/3/11

posted 15 Dec 2019 21:33, edited 15 Dec 2019 21:33
Ohh the irony Laughing out loud

https://news.sky.com/story/greta-thunberg-tackled-over-overcrowded-train-tweet-by-deutsche-bahn-11887479
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6828 posts since 5/6/07

15 Dec 2019 21:35
MLI wrote:
Crackajack wrote: Ah yes, they might have to rescind the award in 20 years if it turns out she *just* helped change attitudes to pollution and climate change thereby literally improving the world and probably assisting thousands to millions of lives in being improved or actually saved.

OR she helps perpetuate the lies of leftists using the climate change hoax as a vehicle for Marxism and ruins our societies and economies. Just sayin

ILaughing out loud Laughing out loud
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3313 posts since 29/5/05

15 Dec 2019 22:20

Did you get so excited that you didn't even pause to read the article?

"Our train from Basel was taken out of traffic. So we sat on the floor on 2 different trains. After Göttingen I got a seat.This is no problem of course and I never said it was. Overcrowded trains is a great sign because it means the demand for train travel is high!"