General Discussion: Greta Thunberg


Show original post
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

posted 24 Sep 2019 15:30, edited 24 Sep 2019 15:30
^ ha ok most of the time? I’m ok with that.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

24 Sep 2019 15:32
Fuck it, all of the time.

Not here to make friends, but nothing wrong with engaging with people who have a different say on things.
pops
pops avatar

4153 posts since 2/9/09

24 Sep 2019 15:33
I remember when FUK used to be a fashion forum
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20407 posts since 26/1/06

24 Sep 2019 15:36
fudge.dredd wrote: The ‘independant’ (what an ironic name) is co-owned by Arabs and Russians.

Considering how anathema anything Russian-backed is to the Left, I’m surprised anyone can rely on them for impartial news.

You do know that "The Left" isn't some massive cohesive political force that holds universal views? And unsurprisingly there are all kinds of views and agendas amongst Arabs, Russians and everyone else.
figurine
figurine avatar

5895 posts since 14/5/07

24 Sep 2019 15:36
https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-how-well-have-climate-models-projected-global-warming

Worth a read fudge
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20407 posts since 26/1/06

24 Sep 2019 15:36
pops wrote: I remember when FUK used to be a crimes of fashion forum
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

posted 24 Sep 2019 15:41, edited 24 Sep 2019 15:41
^ agreed.

I bought a pair of those hi tops with that massive tongue because of this forum. They had like a half eagle as their logo… skateboard brand…

Fuck Greta, all is forgiven.

Anyone else remember those?

Edit: it was these Supra monstrosities.


2011 e350 4matic 0 60
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

24 Sep 2019 15:44

Will do mate. No offence to any personal crap I come out with.
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

24 Sep 2019 15:46
andymakesglasses wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: The ‘independant’ (what an ironic name) is co-owned by Arabs and Russians.

Considering how anathema anything Russian-backed is to the Left, I’m surprised anyone can rely on them for impartial news.

You do know that "The Left" isn't some massive cohesive political force that holds universal views? And unsurprisingly there are all kinds of views and agendas amongst Arabs, Russians and everyone else.

Agree but you don’t find ‘conservative’ views in the likes of the Guardian or the Independant really.

And considering I’m from Arab descent, I know that they don’t all think the same but if they’re buying up media outlets in the western world, will they really authorise publications of anything that goes against their world view? (Which I think you probably don’t prescribe to, by the way)?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

posted 24 Sep 2019 15:47, edited 24 Sep 2019 15:47
That recent campaign seems to be raising eyebrows.

‘ISLAM IS RIGHT ABOUT WOMEN’

Discuss.

Edit: made a new thread about it.
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3551 posts since 21/2/10

24 Sep 2019 15:51
wtf is going on in here Laughing out loud
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

24 Sep 2019 16:00
nothingelseworked wrote: wtf is going on in here Laughing out loud

Brainwashed vs brainwashed.
Sholto
Sholto avatar

566 posts since 25/12/12

24 Sep 2019 16:01
Let's think for one second that an overwhelming percentage (~97%) of climate scientists are wrong about climate change.

Would it be such a terrible thing just to make the world a cleaner, better place to live in anyway?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

24 Sep 2019 16:04
^
Not at all matey.

I’m just not going to prescribe to a politics of fear and since I have a 2 year old, I’m wary of what institutions i’ll be letting her go to once she’s at school age. It’s something that I think affects all of us.
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20407 posts since 26/1/06

24 Sep 2019 16:52
fudge.dredd wrote: The ‘independant’ (what an ironic name) is co-owned by Arabs and Russians.

Considering how anathema anything Russian-backed is to the Left, I’m surprised anyone can rely on them for impartial news.

fudge.dredd wrote: Agree but you don’t find ‘conservative’ views in the likes of the Guardian or the Independant really.

And considering I’m from Arab descent, I know that they don’t all think the same but if they’re buying up media outlets in the western world, will they really authorise publications of anything that goes against their world view? (Which I think you probably don’t prescribe to, by the way)?

I'm genuinely not sure what point you're making. A not insignificant proportion of "the Left" won't hear a bad word said about Russia (I'm looking at you, Jeremy Corbyn), more a legacy view related to the Soviet Union than influenced by current politics.

The Independent presumably is one of the left-leaning news sources which you don't like since they believe climate change is a real thing (1 & 2).

Yet they're Russian and Saudi-owned. What's "the Arab" world view, and view, on climate change then? What's the Russian view on climate change?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

24 Sep 2019 17:13
Hang on, just going out to dinner with the missus so let me get back to you on that matey
Burt
Burt avatar

6002 posts since 3/1/10

24 Sep 2019 17:53
'Fancy a nightcap followed by a stroll on the beach before going back to our gaff and rolling like thunder, Fudger?'

'Nah you're alright, luv - let's get back to the hotel's Wi-Fi, I've got an appointment with the Internets'

'Are you taking the piss?!?'

'No, honey - I've got you to do that for me.'


*ruffles wife's hair and leaves 10 Lira on the table before making purposeful strides to the Hotel*

figurine
figurine avatar

5895 posts since 14/5/07

24 Sep 2019 18:24
Burt wrote: 'Are you taking the piss?!?'

'No, honey - I've got you to do that for me.'
Laughing out loud
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1332 posts since 15/12/12

24 Sep 2019 18:48
Burt wrote: 'Fancy a nightcap followed by a stroll on the beach before going back to our gaff and rolling like thunder, Fudger?'

'Nah you're alright, luv - let's get back to the hotel's Wi-Fi, I've got an appointment with the Internets'

'Are you taking the piss?!?'

'No, honey - I've got you to do that for me.'


*ruffles wife's hair and leaves 10 Lira on the table before making purposeful strides to the Hotel*

Damn you watching me?
jogon321
jogon321 avatar

670 posts since 13/4/12

24 Sep 2019 19:44
What's your ops on the flat earth thing fudge