General Discussion: Greta Thunberg


Show original post
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12149 posts since 7/3/05

24 Sep 2019 20:53
A prediction (hypothesis) is based on the evidence at the time it is often wrong because evidence is insufficient. Then you change the hypothesis. Once evidence is sufficient it’s no longer a hypothesis it’s a theory and certain. The issue with climate change is once it becomes so evident it’s certain it’s too late to make a significant change because it’s a cumulative catalytic effect.

Climate change as a complex hypothesis has been poorly communicated (often bandwagoned with political movements) and badly enforced through taxation. This will turn most people off since in nearly all circumstances it negatively effects people’s perceived quality of life now based on a perceived future. Secondly it’s asking people to take individual big hits when on a global scale the change is insignificant and likely won’t event effect the ones making a sacrifice in their life times.

Can’t really think of any comparable negative restriction on people’s lives at scale that has ever been attempted to be tried to be sold as an idea before. It is unprecedented situation and challenge.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

posted 24 Sep 2019 20:55, edited 24 Sep 2019 20:55
^fuck off you self righteous cunt

fudge.dredd wrote: istic kid into thinking it’s real and happening right now. Which it isn’t.

Her mom also drank a lot while she was pregnant, you can tell on Thunberg’s face. She has odd features and things missing.

I don't believe in attacking someone's looks, only their ideas. It's a classic tactic of the left to get personal. People use it against me whenever they start losing an argument. I also look pretty goofy : (
quest
quest avatar

3603 posts since 11/7/11

24 Sep 2019 21:50
MLI wrote: ^fuck off you self righteous cunt

wtf is wrong with you
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1276 posts since 1/7/09

25 Sep 2019 08:44
Hello World wrote: A prediction (hypothesis) is based on the evidence at the time it is often wrong because evidence is insufficient. Then you change the hypothesis. Once evidence is sufficient it’s no longer a hypothesis it’s a theory and certain. The issue with climate change is once it becomes so evident it’s certain it’s too late to make a significant change because it’s a cumulative catalytic effect.

Climate change as a complex hypothesis has been poorly communicated (often bandwagoned with political movements) and badly enforced through taxation. This will turn most people off since in nearly all circumstances it negatively effects people’s perceived quality of life now based on a perceived future. Secondly it’s asking people to take individual big hits when on a global scale the change is insignificant and likely won’t event effect the ones making a sacrifice in their life times.

Can’t really think of any comparable negative restriction on people’s lives at scale that has ever been attempted to be tried to be sold as an idea before. It is unprecedented situation and challenge.


MLI wrote: ^fuck off you self righteous cunt

Sums up this thread
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

25 Sep 2019 08:44
quest wrote:
MLI wrote: ^

wtf is wrong with you


fuck off cunt
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2164 posts since 16/7/11

25 Sep 2019 09:21
swiftus wrote: Sums up this thread

Exactly
Mr.X.
Mr.X. avatar

3046 posts since 23/6/13

25 Sep 2019 10:17
The kid fires off threats in her speech like she's an authority (for all mankind). Is being angry at political leaders a good way to make a change or way to get some self attention? Puzzled
Sholto
Sholto avatar

566 posts since 25/12/12

posted 25 Sep 2019 19:32, edited 25 Sep 2019 19:32
Laughing out loud I wonder if you lot would be as triggered if it was a 30yo white male doing all of this Laughing out loud
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1546 posts since 15/12/12

posted 25 Sep 2019 20:16, edited 25 Sep 2019 20:16
^ I don’t get your point here. You assume there is a racist or sexist element to this? It’s only the left that sees colour and uses identity politics mate. And she literally is just pointing at all of ‘us’ to just listen to scientists. She doesn’t have an original thought in her head.

And I’m not slagging off her looks. You can just tell she’s not all there, physically and mentally and is clearly being used and manipulated.

For her to be called a voice of a generation is quite sickening.

Nothing is too low for the lefties. When people won’t listen to their ranting, they mobilise kids. She has no relevance or opinions of her own - literally is just a mouthpiece for the hardcore powers that be that are behind her.

If you want to look at real voices for change, look at the likes of Candace Owens.
rural
rural avatar

17735 posts since 26/9/06

25 Sep 2019 20:30
Superprecise wrote:
swiftus wrote: Sums up this thread

Exactly

Correct
misled
misled avatar

4319 posts since 3/1/02

25 Sep 2019 20:48
fudge.dredd wrote: ^
If you want to look at real voices for change, look at the likes of Candace Owens.

ah but of course, because you agree with her views innit.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

25 Sep 2019 20:54
What about that Malala chick? She was ACTUALLY a phenomenon after what she went through. This kid just seems to have been raised by hippies
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1546 posts since 15/12/12

posted 25 Sep 2019 20:58, edited 25 Sep 2019 20:58
misled wrote:
fudge.dredd wrote: ^
If you want to look at real voices for change, look at the likes of Candace Owens.

ah but of course, because you agree with her views innit.

What’s wrong with her views? Please explain.

And agree with Malala shout. A true heroine.

Or all those Yazidi women who survived being used as sex slaves. And those female peshmerga fighters who literally battled Isis on the ground.

Rez
Rez avatar

8291 posts since 5/4/09

25 Sep 2019 21:15
https://www.thedailybeast.com/candace-owens-hitler-was-ok-until-he-tried-to-go-global

This Candace Owens?
fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1546 posts since 15/12/12

25 Sep 2019 21:22
^ was this your big ‘gotcha’ moment?

And um, yes that Candace Owens.

What did she say?

“If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine,” Owens continued, while standing next to Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk.

“The problem is he wanted, he had dreams outside of Germany. He wanted to globalize, he wanted everybody to be German, everybody to be speaking German, everybody to look a different way. To me, that’s not nationalism. So in thinking about how it could go bad down the line, I don’t really have an issue with nationalism, I really don’t.”

Wow, what a terrible statement to make.

But more than likely you’re a labour Corbyn lover so you hate Jews anyway plus I’m sure you’re a huge fan of Mao, Stalin, and that ilk.

Yeah Candace Owens doesn’t measure up to them on the mass murderer scale right.
Blofeld
Blofeld avatar

227 posts since 30/12/15

25 Sep 2019 21:31
RIP LFC's other Nan
Rez
Rez avatar

8291 posts since 5/4/09

25 Sep 2019 22:04
Minimising Hitler's beliefs as 'not nationalism' is as offensive as it is ahistorical.

Fudge, please, this site is already over its best years, can you please just let it go out with a little dignity.

fudge.dredd
fudge.dredd avatar

1546 posts since 15/12/12

25 Sep 2019 22:50
Rez wrote: Minimising Hitler's beliefs as 'not nationalism' is as offensive as it is ahistorical.

Fudge, please, this site is already over its best years, can you please just let it go out with a little dignity.

You are just exasperating. You’re 8000 posts in, why don’t you stop posting seeing as its ‘already over its best years’…?
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20478 posts since 26/1/06

26 Sep 2019 08:31
fudge.dredd wrote: It’s only the left that sees colour and uses identity politics mate.

Laughing out loud
-DiscoTits-
-DiscoTits- avatar

904 posts since 26/11/07

26 Sep 2019 09:29
Someone put him out his misery. It’s actually depressing to see someone his age battle so desperately on an internet fashion forum. Go spew your bile somewhere else fudge.