General Discussion: Grumpy Young Men


Show original post
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

19 Dec 2009 14:40
The meal came to £155, if everybody puts £20 in that's £180 leaving £25 for the cheapskates to argue over if they're not happy. I don't expect somebody to pay for my starter but I don't expect them to cry over a couple of quid either.

I always put more money in than my meal has come to because scrabbling round just to get what we owe, let alone a tip, is embarrassing
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

19 Dec 2009 15:43
the 25 should of been the tip, no-one should expect anything back
seenmy
seenmy avatar

6656 posts since 17/6/06

19 Dec 2009 15:49
155 for 9 people to eat and drink is very cheap no?i cant believe people being like that over 20 quid,I hate that kind of situation if you begrudge spending money stay at fucking home
San
San avatar

10493 posts since 14/11/05

19 Dec 2009 15:52
Laughing out loud true though.

the bastard central heating has gone on the blink and its fucking freezing. hopefully our man will be round pretty sharpish as i want to enjoy the strictly final in the warmth
Charles Winthorpe III
Charles Winthorpe III avatar

5484 posts since 29/7/05

19 Dec 2009 15:52
pikeyness annoys me as much as vulgar displays of wealth.
all in all i hate in when people place too much emphasis on money.. i guess thats why i'm shit with money.
miracleblade
miracleblade avatar

377 posts since 22/8/09

19 Dec 2009 16:01
Sodding customs keeping a shirt I won on ebay for over a week now.
india
india avatar

5665 posts since 31/10/05

19 Dec 2009 16:03
i know people who ask whether we are splitting the bill before they decide what to order Laughing out loud

it's annoying but i find people being tight (and the things they'll do to not pay for stuff) funny.
SXFuzz
SXFuzz avatar

1741 posts since 22/5/07

19 Dec 2009 16:07
india wrote: it's annoying but i find people being tight (and the things they'll do to not pay for stuff) funny.
A close mate of mine is renowned for asking to borrow money because he "doesn't want to break into a note".
saint nicholegs
saint nicholegs avatar

4355 posts since 13/10/08

19 Dec 2009 16:08
Most of my friends are tight so I'm allowed to be too.
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

19 Dec 2009 16:16
SXFuzz wrote:
india wrote: it's annoying but i find people being tight (and the things they'll do to not pay for stuff) funny.
A close mate of mine is renowned for asking to borrow money because he "doesn't want to break into a note".

I know somebody who does something similar. Won't buy a round if it'll involve breaking into a note…so does he go home once he runs out of change?
Dreep
Dreep avatar

1687 posts since 29/7/08

19 Dec 2009 16:19
robii wrote:
SXFuzz wrote:
india wrote: it's annoying but i find people being tight (and the things they'll do to not pay for stuff) funny.
A close mate of mine is renowned for asking to borrow money because he "doesn't want to break into a note".

I know somebody who does something similar. Won't buy a round if it'll involve breaking into a note…so does he go home once he runs out of change?
How does he get change in the first place.
robii
robii avatar

18857 posts since 8/9/06

19 Dec 2009 16:20
Probably picks it up off the floor, the fucking cheap cunt
psypholicious
psypholicious avatar

877 posts since 9/8/09

19 Dec 2009 16:28
robii wrote: Probably picks it up off the floor, the fucking cheap cunt

Laughing out loud hilarious…

SOS
SOS avatar

6483 posts since 12/10/04

19 Dec 2009 20:12
everyone who thinks their a rebel for buying RATM.
6thEdition
6thEdition avatar

5882 posts since 7/3/08

19 Dec 2009 20:48
RATM is a good tune, i'd rather listen to that than joes.
loom
loom avatar

1444 posts since 2/6/07

19 Dec 2009 21:22
6thEdition wrote: RATM is a good tune, i'd rather listen to that than joes.

Thats fine but the fundamentals of purposefully creating demand for a song to be at number one which just as many people will hate makes no sense.

Its a bunch of wannabe rebels getting stroppy that the music they listen to isn't popular right now.

It's life, life has trends and pop music has always been tacky and at number 1 at Christmas, stop crying about it. Simon Cowell didn't come round your house and get his bodyguard to force you to watch / listen to any of his produce, so why should anyone force little 15yr old girls to have RATM as bloody number 1.

Sorry this had grinded my gears.
seenmy
seenmy avatar

6656 posts since 17/6/06

19 Dec 2009 21:25
stop listening to commercial radio/radio1 job done you never have to concern yourself with it
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7970 posts since 21/4/05

19 Dec 2009 21:47
I have mates who are tight as fuck, yet when it comes to a meal start splashing on £8 cocktails knowing full well the bill will be split. However when there is a large group of people drinking most restaurants slip something extra onto the bill, or something you order with one waitress and doesnt turn up still gets on the bill.

Sleuth
Sleuth avatar

5375 posts since 12/9/04

19 Dec 2009 21:58
SOS wrote: everyone who thinks their a rebel for buying RATM.


Not really got anything to do with being a rebel though does it?
EVERS
EVERS avatar

8580 posts since 2/7/06

19 Dec 2009 21:59
Crackajack wrote: most restaurants slip something extra onto the bill,

or something you order with one waitress and doesnt turn up still gets on the bill.
no and check the bill