General Discussion: Grumpy Young Men


Show original post
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

20 Jan 2010 23:28
do you think a bit of facial hair makes you look older then mate?
you wrong if you do.
p.s enjoy the baby face look, eembrace it, its deffo for the win.
EVERS
EVERS avatar

8580 posts since 2/7/06

20 Jan 2010 23:31
course it does - have worn one since early 20's to avoid paedos.
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

20 Jan 2010 23:34
if your scouse with irish roots and have got jet black hair, and you look like brutus from popeye after one day of not shaving then yes it does make you look older, but it certainly dont if you got a face like homers, hes got that light smooth skinned look, a bit of bum fluff makes no difference whatsoever, in fact its a hinderance to his appearance and attraction to hoes imho.
majority of women love a silky clean shaved face in my experience.
EVERS
EVERS avatar

8580 posts since 2/7/06

20 Jan 2010 23:37
yes it does - if you're 24, you don't want to look 18.

trust me, i've been there.
MoB
MoB avatar

37338 posts since 31/8/04

20 Jan 2010 23:45
I wet shave twice a year maybe as a clean shaven face makes me look about 10.
inversesquare
inversesquare avatar

6769 posts since 7/6/08

21 Jan 2010 01:46
San wrote: Fucking idiots complaining about the Kraft takeover of Cadbury. Its all ive heard to day, how Kraft have anobligation to look after staff, the heritage etc etc.

FUCK OFF! The only obligation they have is to ensure that their shareholders get a return. Everything/Anything else is a bonus so get fucking real

That sort of shit fucking angers me too. Couple of my flatmates are getting arsey cos the guy we're renting off is making money out of us being here….. What. Such clueless fucks, do they expect him to give it to us for free.
berk
berk avatar

2118 posts since 24/3/08

21 Jan 2010 08:17
exactlythat wrote:
San wrote: Fucking idiots complaining about the Kraft takeover of Cadbury. Its all ive heard to day, how Kraft have anobligation to look after staff, the heritage etc etc.

FUCK OFF! The only obligation they have is to ensure that their shareholders get a return. Everything/Anything else is a bonus so get fucking real

+1


yeah lets all cheer that one of the countrys oldest institutions has been sold to some yanks who make plastic cheese, did you cheer when they closed all the pits ?

cunt
nick2
nick2 avatar

7231 posts since 18/2/09

21 Jan 2010 10:08
berk wrote:
exactlythat wrote:
San wrote: Fucking idiots complaining about the Kraft takeover of Cadbury. Its all ive heard to day, how Kraft have anobligation to look after staff, the heritage etc etc.

FUCK OFF! The only obligation they have is to ensure that their shareholders get a return. Everything/Anything else is a bonus so get fucking real

+1


yeah lets all cheer that one of the countrys oldest institutions has been sold to some yanks who make plastic cheese, did you cheer when they closed all the pits ?

cunt

Cadburys were planning to close factories and sack loads of people anyway, they might not have to now "the yanks" have bought it.

berk
berk avatar

2118 posts since 24/3/08

21 Jan 2010 10:14
nick2 wrote:
berk wrote:
exactlythat wrote:
San wrote: Fucking idiots complaining about the Kraft takeover of Cadbury. Its all ive heard to day, how Kraft have anobligation to look after staff, the heritage etc etc.

FUCK OFF! The only obligation they have is to ensure that their shareholders get a return. Everything/Anything else is a bonus so get fucking real

+1


yeah lets all cheer that one of the countrys oldest institutions has been sold to some yanks who make plastic cheese, did you cheer when they closed all the pits ?

cunt

Cadburys were planning to close factories and sack loads of people anyway, they might not have to now "the yanks" have bought it.

its not so much the jobs nick even tho that was a part ,(no bnp) but whats left in the manufacturing/export business which once made us great..They say the south east will keep the counrty ticking over because of our position between usa and asia in the financial market but its all being outsourced anyway can cant see the city of london in the way it is now in 20 years time..
haz
haz avatar

4334 posts since 7/1/04

21 Jan 2010 10:19
berk wrote:
nick2 wrote:
berk wrote:
exactlythat wrote:
San wrote: Fucking idiots complaining about the Kraft takeover of Cadbury. Its all ive heard to day, how Kraft have anobligation to look after staff, the heritage etc etc.

FUCK OFF! The only obligation they have is to ensure that their shareholders get a return. Everything/Anything else is a bonus so get fucking real

+1


yeah lets all cheer that one of the countrys oldest institutions has been sold to some yanks who make plastic cheese, did you cheer when they closed all the pits ?

cunt

Cadburys were planning to close factories and sack loads of people anyway, they might not have to now "the yanks" have bought it.

its not so much the jobs nick even tho that was a part ,(no bnp) but whats left in the manufacturing/export business which once made us great..They say the south east will keep the counrty ticking over because of our position between usa and asia in the financial market but its all being outsourced anyway can cant see the city of london in the way it is now in 20 years time..

seconded..sinking ship full of thick dole queue cunts. Get out while you still can


Anyone got a Plan B for when we become a 3rd world nation? They will call us the new Romania
Ineff
Ineff avatar

9855 posts since 7/4/04

21 Jan 2010 10:21
EVERS wrote: yes it does - if you're 24, you don't want to look 18.

trust me, i've been there.

I agree with Noble.

I haven't shaved for about a month and I just look like a 15 year old trying to grow facial hair (I'm 24 haha).
JohnnyAce
JohnnyAce avatar

648 posts since 5/12/04

21 Jan 2010 10:28
Honestly speaking UK is in deep shit.
Apart from the usual suspects Spain and Greece (+ Ireland), UK's recovery from the downturn is going to be more painful than other established EU members.
With nearly 80% of the entire GDP coming from services, UK banks still struggling (bar a few such as Barclays) I personally do not see where recovery is going to come from. For sure it's not going to be the manufacturing (UK is not competitive on labour costs)!
We are going to have to reinvent ourself as a nation and offer "something" that our Indian and Chinese friends can not. What "that" is, I have no idea, but we are going to have to "offer" it if we want to maintain our living standards.

My 2 pence.
berk
berk avatar

2118 posts since 24/3/08

21 Jan 2010 10:28
haz wrote:
berk wrote:
nick2 wrote:
berk wrote:
exactlythat wrote:
San wrote: Fucking idiots complaining about the Kraft takeover of Cadbury. Its all ive heard to day, how Kraft have anobligation to look after staff, the heritage etc etc.

FUCK OFF! The only obligation they have is to ensure that their shareholders get a return. Everything/Anything else is a bonus so get fucking real

+1


yeah lets all cheer that one of the countrys oldest institutions has been sold to some yanks who make plastic cheese, did you cheer when they closed all the pits ?

cunt

Cadburys were planning to close factories and sack loads of people anyway, they might not have to now "the yanks" have bought it.

its not so much the jobs nick even tho that was a part ,(no bnp) but whats left in the manufacturing/export business which once made us great..They say the south east will keep the counrty ticking over because of our position between usa and asia in the financial market but its all being outsourced anyway can cant see the city of london in the way it is now in 20 years time..

seconded..sinking ship full of thick dole queue cunts. Get out while you still can


Anyone got a Plan B for when we become a 3rd world nation? They will call us the new Romania


im from a family of toerags and criminals ill be alright when we have blackouts and rationing again.
berk
berk avatar

2118 posts since 24/3/08

21 Jan 2010 10:31
JohnnyAce wrote: Honestly speaking UK is in deep shit.
Apart from the usual suspects Spain and Greece (+ Ireland), UK's recovery from the downturn is going to be more painful than other established EU members.
With nearly 80% of the entire GDP coming from services, UK banks still struggling (bar a few such as Barclays) I personally do not see where recovery is going to come from. For sure it's not going to be the manufacturing (UK is not competitive on labour costs)!
We are going to have to reinvent ourself as a nation and offer "something" that our Indian and Chinese friends can not. What "that" is, I have no idea, but we are going to have to "offer" it if we want to maintain our living standards.

My 2 pence.

i have my fingers crossed that all this outsourcing to mumbai/kl etc goes tits up , personal experience they have not got a clue what there doing and it will all come back here which some already is
JohnnyAce
JohnnyAce avatar

648 posts since 5/12/04

21 Jan 2010 10:36
Some things you can not outsource, no matter how hard you try. That is going to keep UK going for a while… Big issue is that this outsourcing hits the young grads much harder than it does seasoned pros. Could end up being a problem further down the line…
berk
berk avatar

2118 posts since 24/3/08

21 Jan 2010 10:45
JohnnyAce wrote: Some things you can not outsource, no matter how hard you try. That is going to keep UK going for a while… Big issue is that this outsourcing hits the young grads much harder than it does seasoned pros. Could end up being a problem further down the line…


its very little and most of the products you cant are only a very small piece of the puzzle
nick2
nick2 avatar

7231 posts since 18/2/09

21 Jan 2010 11:25
berk wrote:
nick2 wrote:
berk wrote:
exactlythat wrote:
San wrote: Fucking idiots complaining about the Kraft takeover of Cadbury. Its all ive heard to day, how Kraft have anobligation to look after staff, the heritage etc etc.

FUCK OFF! The only obligation they have is to ensure that their shareholders get a return. Everything/Anything else is a bonus so get fucking real

+1


yeah lets all cheer that one of the countrys oldest institutions has been sold to some yanks who make plastic cheese, did you cheer when they closed all the pits ?

cunt

Cadburys were planning to close factories and sack loads of people anyway, they might not have to now "the yanks" have bought it.

its not so much the jobs nick even tho that was a part ,(no bnp) but whats left in the manufacturing/export business which once made us great..They say the south east will keep the counrty ticking over because of our position between usa and asia in the financial market but its all being outsourced anyway can cant see the city of london in the way it is now in 20 years time..

Then we have to move forward, instead of clinging desperately to the past and going on about how great things were back in the day. We lost manufacturing industry because we are too expensive, so we need to invest/move towards service and other industries instead.





berk
berk avatar

2118 posts since 24/3/08

21 Jan 2010 11:33
nick2 wrote:
berk wrote:
nick2 wrote:
berk wrote:
exactlythat wrote:
San wrote: Fucking idiots complaining about the Kraft takeover of Cadbury. Its all ive heard to day, how Kraft have anobligation to look after staff, the heritage etc etc.

FUCK OFF! The only obligation they have is to ensure that their shareholders get a return. Everything/Anything else is a bonus so get fucking real

+1


yeah lets all cheer that one of the countrys oldest institutions has been sold to some yanks who make plastic cheese, did you cheer when they closed all the pits ?

cunt

Cadburys were planning to close factories and sack loads of people anyway, they might not have to now "the yanks" have bought it.

its not so much the jobs nick even tho that was a part ,(no bnp) but whats left in the manufacturing/export business which once made us great..They say the south east will keep the counrty ticking over because of our position between usa and asia in the financial market but its all being outsourced anyway can cant see the city of london in the way it is now in 20 years time..

Then we have to move forward, instead of clinging desperately to the past and going on about how great things were back in the day. We lost manufacturing industry because we are too expensive, so we need to invest/move towards service and other industries instead.

wish it was as easy as that , the services we provide can be done cheaper elsewhere in the world and sometimes better ..we are falling behing massively in that sector as well.

I guarentee we will be third world and there will be 15 management consultants who just fly around looking at offshore sites.
San
San avatar

10493 posts since 14/11/05

21 Jan 2010 12:04
Where the fuck was i cheering, cunt.
Cadburys was in the shit. They would have had to downsource in due course which means job cuts, on what scale nobody knows. Shareholders, while obviously wanting the best return for themselves also wanted to minimise job cuts.
Kraft will of course 'streamline' the company but will probably do so on a scale less than if Cadbury rejected the buyout. Therefore its was the duty of Cadbury's board to get the best price it could.

Use a bit of common sense, you yourself have said this country is falling way behind many others so whose fault is that?

Re the pit closures, couldn't comment as dont know enough behind that
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12174 posts since 7/3/05

21 Jan 2010 14:37
All of the majority shareholders (top ten) in Cadbury were hedge funds and most also had interests in Kraft, so it makes the deal pretty obvious.