General Discussion: Grumpy Young Men


Show original post
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12123 posts since 7/3/05

27 Jul 2006 14:43
The world is full of socialpaths these days, get used to it.
nick
nick avatar

19733 posts since 2/5/03

27 Jul 2006 14:44
beefcake wrote: people who play football with their tops off…

I'm all for that if (and only if) they are attractive.
J'Adore
J'Adore avatar

1815 posts since 27/2/05

27 Jul 2006 14:46
People who don't wait for you to get off the tube before getting on really piss me off.

In the mornings when some fat bloke or woman barges you out of the way on the tube because they've spotted a spare seat which they MUST HAVE

This morning some woman shoved herself onto a very full jubilee line train and barged everyone forward then started shouting and complaining as she got trapped between the doors (haha). ITS YOUR FAULT THOUGH! The next train is in 1 minute, get on that one!
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12123 posts since 7/3/05

27 Jul 2006 14:48
Companies need to stagger peoples work starting times more to break up the rush hour, people wouldn't need to rush so much then.

Some of the greatest stress of the day for most is getting to work on time.
SOS
SOS avatar

6483 posts since 12/10/04

27 Jul 2006 14:51
After eating out and been handed a credit card machine from the waiter who says "please check and enter an amount, they then stand over you to try and make you leave a tip. And this is the first time you have seen them all night.
Guido
Guido avatar

12884 posts since 20/4/05

27 Jul 2006 14:53
going through those big revolving doors at supermarkets the people who cant judge how fast to walk and keep stopping the doors going round as it smacks the back of their feet!
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12123 posts since 7/3/05

27 Jul 2006 14:57
It is now common knowledge that waiters and waitresses recieve reduced slaries in order to recieve tips as part of thier employment. They pay less tax on these tips to.

The price on the menu pays the food and the preperation of the food, the gratuity pays for the service, ordering of food and bringing the food too you.

Did you do all these things your self? If not pay the minor % to top op their wages. Minimum of £1.50 per hour of service, more for exceptional service, this is then demmed a reward.
SOS
SOS avatar

6483 posts since 12/10/04

27 Jul 2006 14:57
3rd party phone companies and people in the street buggin you.
"Excuse sir me have you got 5 minutes to…"
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20380 posts since 26/1/06

27 Jul 2006 14:59
a few more driving ones, more relevant to country roads really:

people who drive at 45mph wherever they are regardless of whether it's a 30 or a 60 zone

people who brake whenever a car passes them in the opposite direction

people who slow down to 10mph for all corners then speed up on the straights (stopping you from overtaking)

Cheers
Andy
SOS
SOS avatar

6483 posts since 12/10/04

27 Jul 2006 15:02
doodle_duck_dandy wrote: It is now common knowledge that waiters and waitresses recieve reduced slaries in order to recieve tips as part of thier employment. They pay less tax on these tips to.

The price on the menu pays the food and the preperation of the food, the gratuity pays for the service, ordering of food and bringing the food too you.

Did you do all these things your self? If not pay the minor % to top op their wages. Minimum of £1.50 per hour of service, more for exceptional service, this is then demmed a reward.

I was a part time waiter for 2 years back at uni and college thanks, I know how it works. And they do get a salary which they can bump up to with tips sure,but its not that low. I know the standard tip rate is 10%, but if they have a face on em all night and dont do shit they they get shit. Ive been there, and i was good at it and made a mint. Other day some bird sat us down, grunted walked of, never came back for ages, didnt ask for drinks, didnt bring the food, didnt bring the bill, but hovered for a tip. I smiled at her and gave her nothing.
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12123 posts since 7/3/05

27 Jul 2006 15:02
This whle country relies on the service industry to employee hundreds of thousands of low skilled workers who would have worked in assembly plants or factorys which are now outsourced abroad. All you have to say is "no thanks".

They keep their jobs and the economy keeps rolling on.
Sol
Sol avatar

12241 posts since 17/3/03

27 Jul 2006 15:03
I work in a bar, so I like getting tips.

But I don't think you should always have to tip, especially if you didn't really get much service to warrant a tip.

In Canada it was annoying because you have to tip, but I'd rather, when say out in a bar, tip the barman at the end of the night. I don't want to have to give him a tip every time I order one drink (or two). I found in North America they are a lot more dependant on tips and expecting them, where as here in the UK its just a bonus.

Lucien (MM2002) got chucked out of this one bar in Whistler because he stuck up for some drunk girl who was being ripped off by a barman taking advantage of trying to get a massive tip off someone.
Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

27 Jul 2006 15:03
people that post exactly the same posts and pics of themselves or stuff on every forum on the net. (dont know why it annoys me, i think i see as unfaithfulness or something). Laughing out loud
and also, when one of the users that join in with them in a new forum doing duplicate pics, they say "Nice one Steve, (when their username isnt that) look freash as ever"…Calling them by thier real first name, just to let others know that are in this elite 'board hopping' fraternity.
Luke
Luke avatar

5711 posts since 21/1/03

27 Jul 2006 15:04
J'Adore wrote: People who don't wait for you to get off the tube before getting on really piss me off.

In the mornings when some fat bloke or woman barges you out of the way on the tube because they've spotted a spare seat which they MUST HAVE

This morning some woman shoved herself onto a very full jubilee line train and barged everyone forward then started shouting and complaining as she got trapped between the doors (haha). ITS YOUR FAULT THOUGH! The next train is in 1 minute, get on that one!

strange… i got the jubilee line the other day as i got off at a different station… West Ham to be exact… and there was a girl sitting down… was about 9.30am… i have no idea why, but for some reason i got it in my head it was you… i'm not even sure i know what you look like Puzzled
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12123 posts since 7/3/05

27 Jul 2006 15:05
SOS wrote:
doodle_duck_dandy wrote: It is now common knowledge that waiters and waitresses recieve reduced slaries in order to recieve tips as part of thier employment. They pay less tax on these tips to.

The price on the menu pays the food and the preperation of the food, the gratuity pays for the service, ordering of food and bringing the food too you.

Did you do all these things your self? If not pay the minor % to top op their wages. Minimum of £1.50 per hour of service, more for exceptional service, this is then demmed a reward.

I was a part time waiter for 2 years back at uni and college thanks, I know how it works. And they do get a salary which they can bump up to with tips sure,but its not that low. I know the standard tip rate is 10%, but if they have a face on em all night and dont do shit they they get shit. Ive been there, and i was good at it and made a mint. Other day some bird sat us down, grunted walked of, never came back for ages, didnt ask for drinks, didnt bring the food, didnt bring the bill, but hovered for a tip. I smiled at her and gave her nothing.

then no tip was required as none of the service I described to warrent it was given.
SOS
SOS avatar

6483 posts since 12/10/04

27 Jul 2006 15:07
I go nuts tipping at busy bars early on, I buy good barman/girls drinks all the time. ts a must if its busy or going to get busy.
An early drink to them will guarantee you service later and, usually you get freebies aswell.
nick
nick avatar

19733 posts since 2/5/03

27 Jul 2006 15:07
Sol wrote: I don't want to have to give him a tip every time I order one drink (or two).

All you do is give the barman a $10 tip first time you order, then he will serve you all night (before other people) and you don't need to give him another tip.

At least thats what I did and they seemed happy with it.



media__whore
media__whore avatar

7513 posts since 16/6/03

27 Jul 2006 15:09
Noble Locks. wrote: people that post exactly the same posts and pics of themselves or stuff on every forum on the net. (dont know why it annoys me, i think i see as unfaithfulness or something). Laughing out loud
and also, when one of the users that join in with them in a new forum doing duplicate pics, they say "Nice one Steve, (when their username isnt that) look freash as ever"…Calling them by thier real first name, just to let others know that are in this elite 'board hopping' fraternity.

I agree Gary, fcuking eleet-ists.
media__whore
media__whore avatar

7513 posts since 16/6/03

27 Jul 2006 15:10
nick wrote:
Sol wrote: I don't want to have to give him a tip every time I order one drink (or two).

All you do is give the barman a $10 tip first time you order, then he will serve you all night (before other people) and you don't need to give him another tip.

At least thats what I did and they seemed happy with it.

If I am going to a bar, and will eb there for a while, I will alsway say at the first round, 'and one for you'. they will ALWAYS come and serve you throughout the night no matter how busy it gets.
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12123 posts since 7/3/05

27 Jul 2006 15:10
Good advice! When I was in york I forgot to tip on the first drink and the guy wouldn't serve me again.

I don't think this kind of tipping is required in a local whetherspoons for example, i dont know many bars were it is expected or they would even know what to do with the tip (for the accounts of books etc)