Menswear: The 'Whistle And Flute' Thread..Everything To Do With 'Suits' In Here!!


Show original post
gawkrodger
gawkrodger avatar

7686 posts since 4/11/08

19 Mar 2022 14:56
v. nice snaye
discobobulated
discobobulated avatar

1183 posts since 21/4/10

19 Mar 2022 15:32
ginner wrote: See if you can find a tailor who can remake the cuff and thus alter from the wrist and then keep the match on the check. Had this done a few times from a guy in Manchester, looks great. Just needs to be able to match cotton for the buttonholes and have some skills in remaking the cuff vent and adjusting the lining.

There will still be holes where the previous buttonholes were. How is your tailor getting round this?
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20693 posts since 26/1/06

21 Mar 2022 09:43
snaye wrote: Final fitting and pick up of Drakes made to measure corduroy today.

Cool

Will be a bargain for someone when it hits the 'bay.
toin
toin avatar

2128 posts since 1/4/13

21 Mar 2022 18:46
What was the opinion on meermin shoes? I'm a student on a budget with a wedding coming up and I'm considering their captoe oxfords.
MoB
MoB avatar

37338 posts since 31/8/04

22 Mar 2022 10:18
toin wrote: What was the opinion on meermin shoes? I'm a student on a budget with a wedding coming up and I'm considering their captoe oxfords.

Very decent for the money
NigelBenn
NigelBenn avatar

4664 posts since 6/2/08

22 Mar 2022 10:26
Yeah spot on. Can’t go wrong with meermin. My only gripe is that they take a while to break in.
swede
swede avatar

10372 posts since 21/3/09

22 Mar 2022 11:14
meermins are great. will shred your feet if you dont polish them up a bit first though (softens the leather)
R
R avatar

13333 posts since 17/5/03

posted 22 Mar 2022 21:59, edited 22 Mar 2022 21:59
had a couple of pairs, most uncomfortable shoes I've ever had
morning mist
morning mist avatar

3637 posts since 29/5/05

posted 22 Mar 2022 22:16, edited 22 Mar 2022 22:16
amateurs

inversesquare
inversesquare avatar

6769 posts since 7/6/08

22 Mar 2022 22:21
Poppers?
swede
swede avatar

10372 posts since 21/3/09

22 Mar 2022 22:41
Laughing out loud
toin
toin avatar

2128 posts since 1/4/13

22 Mar 2022 23:10
Cheers Cool
Will wear them around the house before the wedding.
rotting_otter
rotting_otter avatar

61 posts since 18/5/12

11 May 2022 10:39
Got a few summer weddings coming up and need a new plain white shirt. Ideally want a classic type collar that is slightly longer and sits better than the likes of the standard Charles Tyrwhitt offering, if that makes sense?! Saw similar to what I want in Thom Sweeney a few years back when looking for my wedding but wondered if there were any other places to look people recommend please?
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1810 posts since 1/7/09

11 May 2022 15:10
rotting_otter wrote: Got a few summer weddings coming up and need a new plain white shirt. Ideally want a classic type collar that is slightly longer and sits better than the likes of the standard Charles Tyrwhitt offering, if that makes sense?! Saw similar to what I want in Thom Sweeney a few years back when looking for my wedding but wondered if there were any other places to look people recommend please?

Budget?
rotting_otter
rotting_otter avatar

61 posts since 18/5/12

11 May 2022 15:21
Up to about £200-250ish ideally
ginner
ginner avatar

348 posts since 15/4/14

12 May 2022 10:31
For £200-250 should be able to get a made to measure shirt sorted in London or Manchester. Dooley and Rostron in Manchester do mine and are excellent. they do London trunk shows although turnaround probably wont work. I think Emma Willis, Budd, turnbull and asser shirts might be worth a look too.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1810 posts since 1/7/09

12 May 2022 12:26
ginner wrote: For £200-250 should be able to get a made to measure shirt sorted in London or Manchester. Dooley and Rostron in Manchester do mine and are excellent. they do London trunk shows although turnaround probably wont work. I think Emma Willis, Budd, turnbull and asser shirts might be worth a look too.

No minimum order for yours? Pretty sure all London-based will have 4-shirt min
Light_Sleeper
Light_Sleeper avatar

33 posts since 1/11/17

12 May 2022 17:05
Anyone experienced issues ordering from Suitsupply online?

Been waiting on a delivery from them that was supposed to arrive last Friday and UPS are still telling me it's being held at customs and can't give me an expected date of delivery.

Reached out to them about it and they aren't being particularly helpful.