Menswear: The 'Whistle And Flute' Thread..Everything To Do With 'Suits' In Here!!


Show original post
illwill
illwill avatar

3539 posts since 17/5/04

28 May 2016 05:51
Will look totally fine especially if it's a relaxed affair and your missus isn't screwing about it.

Just make sure no one wears anything too shiny. I'd turn them away.
MoB
MoB avatar

36629 posts since 31/8/04

28 May 2016 08:26
i'm getting married next year and i don't want any matching.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7060 posts since 21/4/05

28 May 2016 08:39
Matching flower or tie is actually useful if the groomsmen are supposed to do things like get people on transport or round them up for photos.
Anto
Anto avatar

3542 posts since 19/1/12

29 May 2016 09:44
I think matching suits is terrible but as Cracka said a matching detail like tie or flowers is a nice touch. In Italy groom usually gifts his groomsmen a tie for the wedding
biglforlife
biglforlife avatar

2096 posts since 23/9/06

31 May 2016 18:43
Are loafers with a 3 piece suit a total no-no?
ginner
ginner avatar

258 posts since 15/4/14

3 Jun 2016 11:01
Moss Bros have 20% everything at the moment. Not usually anything decent but they do stock hardy amies suits which are decent and the zenga cloth line can throw up some bargains.
Honnete
Honnete avatar

224 posts since 15/10/15

3 Jun 2016 11:27
ginner wrote: Moss Bros have 20% everything at the moment. Not usually anything decent but they do stock hardy amies suits which are decent and the zenga cloth line can throw up some bargains.
Sounds decent.
bathingchimp
bathingchimp avatar

987 posts since 15/6/04

6 Jun 2016 14:49
Any good tailors/suit alterations around East? Is this the kind of thing the dry cleaners can sort out or do I need to go to a suit person, from what I can tell I think I only need to get trousers taken up but not sure if they will see something I won't.
Egan
Egan avatar

408 posts since 17/10/11

6 Jun 2016 19:46
bathingchimp wrote: Any good tailors/suit alterations around East? Is this the kind of thing the dry cleaners can sort out or do I need to go to a suit person, from what I can tell I think I only need to get trousers taken up but not sure if they will see something I won't.

I've used a place on Essex road which was decent. Can't recall the name of the place.
jeg
jeg avatar

2266 posts since 12/12/01

7 Jun 2016 10:24
Egan wrote:
bathingchimp wrote: Any good tailors/suit alterations around East? Is this the kind of thing the dry cleaners can sort out or do I need to go to a suit person, from what I can tell I think I only need to get trousers taken up but not sure if they will see something I won't.

I've used a place on Essex road which was decent. Can't recall the name of the place.

I am guessing Joe Allen (Charlie Allens from upper streets brother) he has done some good alterations for me in the past
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7060 posts since 21/4/05

7 Jun 2016 10:34
Anywhere near Victoria (that isnt ridiculous ) or SW London? Fashion workrooms are annoying to get to before close.

Need a suit jacket from Charles Tyrwhitt altered but don't trust them to do it.
beedub
beedub avatar

6810 posts since 7/3/07

7 Jun 2016 11:34
Crackajack wrote: Matching flower or tie is actually useful if the groomsmen are supposed to do things like get people on transport or round them up for photos.

This is what we did when I got married, everyone wore their own suit and best man and ushers had a matching flower for their lapel.
beedub
beedub avatar

6810 posts since 7/3/07

7 Jun 2016 11:37
no-one cares what best man and ushers are wearing anyway, all of the focus is on the bride and (to some extent) the bridesmaids.
carl lewis
carl lewis avatar

23626 posts since 14/10/04

7 Jun 2016 12:24
Decent cheap suits in Zara come sale time
bathingchimp
bathingchimp avatar

987 posts since 15/6/04

8 Jun 2016 11:19
jeg wrote:
Egan wrote:
bathingchimp wrote: Any good tailors/suit alterations around East? Is this the kind of thing the dry cleaners can sort out or do I need to go to a suit person, from what I can tell I think I only need to get trousers taken up but not sure if they will see something I won't.

I've used a place on Essex road which was decent. Can't recall the name of the place.

I am guessing Joe Allen (Charlie Allens from upper streets brother) he has done some good alterations for me in the past

Nice one lads will try out!

Also another thing, what's the deal with cuffs? Do you have to get them sewn in, is it a massive no-no to do a turn up?

I want to alter the suit but still want a break so it's suitable for interviews and more formal affairs but still want it a little higher for this summer wedding I'm attending with loafers.

Also a bit shorter and the interwebz seems to make out like that and flat front trews is madness which I don't subscribe to.
Bails78
Bails78 avatar

599 posts since 6/1/08

20 Jul 2016 14:59
Anyone have any recommendations for work trousers, something that goes well with Oxfords. Slim cut preferably.
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3258 posts since 13/1/12

20 Jul 2016 15:38
cant go wrong with M&S tapered fit
swede
swede avatar

7884 posts since 21/3/09

20 Jul 2016 19:09
very british shout from rickrude. unsurprising
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3258 posts since 13/1/12

20 Jul 2016 20:34
Why you coming at me in every post now - fuck off - your living in doomedyouths shadow with your shit. What do you suggest errrr let me gues our legacy or Acne. Prick
biglforlife
biglforlife avatar

2096 posts since 23/9/06

20 Aug 2016 18:17
biglforlife wrote: Are loafers with a 3 piece suit a total no-no?