General Discussion: 


Show original post
harrison
harrison avatar

1258 posts since 22/9/10

13 Jun 2013 15:10
i need a macbook air, if anyone is upgrading/selling etc
deuce
deuce avatar

13836 posts since 21/1/08

27 Jun 2013 16:18
whens the next apple conference? i guess thats when they'll release the new MBP info?

when the new ones come out, i want to get a 16gb ram one, but assuming it'll costs tens of thousands, and would be cheaper just to buy some corsair ram aftermarket?

also, i bought a unibody one earlier this year which was only 4gb ram, and i'd also like to upgrade that one to 8-16gb… can anyone advise on what specific ram i need to buy?
PHiL
PHiL avatar

8745 posts since 31/8/03

27 Jun 2013 16:25
deuce wrote: whens the next apple conference? i guess thats when they'll release the new MBP info?

when the new ones come out, i want to get a 16gb ram one, but assuming it'll costs tens of thousands, and would be cheaper just to buy some corsair ram aftermarket?

also, i bought a unibody one earlier this year which was only 4gb ram, and i'd also like to upgrade that one to 8-16gb… can anyone advise on what specific ram i need to buy?


Enter the model info here: http://www.crucial.com/uk/
deuce
deuce avatar

13836 posts since 21/1/08

27 Jun 2013 16:30
perfect, thanks
swede
swede avatar

8845 posts since 21/3/09

27 Jun 2013 16:35
darko wrote: also my mate said the discount changes between different ranking unis, is that right?

Laughing out loud as if that would ever be allowed
Serbia
Serbia avatar

4932 posts since 22/3/06

27 Jun 2013 16:52
16gb ram in a mac book pro. That shit even possible?
deuce
deuce avatar

13836 posts since 21/1/08

27 Jun 2013 17:09
yeah in the late 2012 model one, which ive got. just read online though, that the new retinas have the ram soldered and cant be upgraded. :/
rural
rural avatar

17691 posts since 26/9/06

17 Jul 2013 11:36
Seem to remember a few on here had their iphone headphones replaced at Apple stores. How did you go about this? Did you just go in? or pre arrange a genius bar appointment?
blackham
blackham avatar

1784 posts since 17/7/13

17 Jul 2013 15:55
my new mbp early 2013 has 16gb ddr3
Greggle
Greggle avatar

583 posts since 21/1/05

31 Jul 2013 12:02
Can the new Macbook Air handle Photoshop and Dreamweaver?

At the minute I have MBP 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I don't know what most of that means though
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20393 posts since 26/1/06

31 Jul 2013 13:42
I've got last year's Air and use Photoshop on it with no bother.
MrW
MrW avatar

2732 posts since 1/8/11

30 Aug 2013 11:08
Need a new battery for my 2009 MBP, do I need to go with original apple replacement or are 3rd party batteries any good? Any recommendations for places to buy from?
darko
darko avatar

980 posts since 4/10/12

17 Sep 2013 16:08
can anyone recommend a free program/method of transferring all my songs from my iphone onto a new mac?
every single one I come across you have to pay for Evil
thanks
Sebastian17
Sebastian17 avatar

2036 posts since 23/8/10

17 Sep 2013 16:34
there used to be a free one called senuti (itunes backwards), not used it for years though, so dont know if its still free.
Owlix
Owlix avatar

2041 posts since 16/10/08

17 Sep 2013 16:49
Sebastian17 wrote: there used to be a free one called senuti (itunes backwards), not used it for years though, so dont know if its still free.
Trial version is free, torrent is easy to find though, used it recently and it was great. iPod died with four albums left to transfer but it was about six years old.
darko
darko avatar

980 posts since 4/10/12

17 Sep 2013 17:18
just tried to torrent it and that won't work either, closes as soon as iphones plugged in

edit got it working now,nice one fellas Cool
Serbia
Serbia avatar

4932 posts since 22/3/06

24 Sep 2013 20:17
going to really get my ergonomics on, work from home a lot and had enough of squatting over desk. i have a MBP, about to buy a stand with swivel for 50 quid, dont really want to spend another ton plus on key board and mouse, any cheaper recomendations than apple's own?

cheers
Jayboy
Jayboy avatar

1026 posts since 7/9/11

24 Sep 2013 21:03
darko wrote: can anyone recommend a free program/method of transferring all my songs from my iphone onto a new mac?
every single one I come across you have to pay for Evil
thanks

Google gave me this one?: http://www.applemacvideo.com/free-mac-ipod-transfer.html
Jackmmd
Jackmmd avatar

286 posts since 15/4/12

25 Sep 2013 09:25
May have been answered before, but does anyone know if you can plug a PS3 into an iMac and use it as just a screen?
Trumps
Trumps avatar

627 posts since 7/9/09

25 Sep 2013 09:40
Jackmmd wrote: May have been answered before, but does anyone know if you can plug a PS3 into an iMac and use it as just a screen?
How old is the imac?