General Discussion: 


Show original post
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14378 posts since 21/2/07

24 Oct 2013 12:18
About 15% if I remember correctly
Anto
Anto avatar

3811 posts since 19/1/12

24 Oct 2013 12:47
Jawdropping! that's a huge discount!

In Italy is only a miserable 6% and starting prices are even slightly higher than in the UK….1.304£ for rMBP 256GB.

Considering i don't need either want a retina display i'm well pissed off of having to pay that much for it…hoped for a last update on the MBP but no…

nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3550 posts since 21/2/10

24 Oct 2013 13:10
Anto wrote: Jawdropping! that's a huge discount!

In Italy is only a miserable 6% and starting prices are even slightly higher than in the UK….1.304£ for rMBP 256GB.

Considering i don't need either want a retina display i'm well pissed off of having to pay that much for it…hoped for a last update on the MBP but no…

You won't want to look at the US store then. Their base prices are about £200 cheaper than our student prices.
themistake
themistake avatar

10689 posts since 20/2/06

24 Oct 2013 15:30
Uk He is 6%, no?

Entry level non he = 1099
With he = 1033

DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14378 posts since 21/2/07

24 Oct 2013 15:38
No it definitely isn't, I think even the FE discount is more than that

Oh and you get 3 year warranty free
swede
swede avatar

8845 posts since 21/3/09

24 Oct 2013 15:41
HE is 15% in england, same as their staff discount Laughing out loud

main good thing about mavericks is full screening apps in dual screen mode. dunno why its taken so long for that to be implemented
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14378 posts since 21/2/07

24 Oct 2013 15:42
Got to say mavericks has notably sped up my old MBP, that is going from snow leopard though
themistake
themistake avatar

10689 posts since 20/2/06

24 Oct 2013 15:47

ahhh so this is FE discount?

and can i walk in with a nus card to the apple store and get one.. i did last time.
MoB
MoB avatar

36870 posts since 31/8/04

24 Oct 2013 15:55
is i7 that much better than i5? I've got i7 on my current macbook air, dunno if i should have saved myself some money and just gone with the i5 on my new rmb.
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14378 posts since 21/2/07

24 Oct 2013 16:03
That's 945 on the HE store, not sure if you can buy it in-store, don't think you get the free 3 year warranty if you do.
MoB
MoB avatar

36870 posts since 31/8/04

24 Oct 2013 16:10
DuffMan wrote: That's 945 on the HE store, not sure if you can buy it in-store, don't think you get the free 3 year warranty if you do.
You don't, has to be online.
Guido
Guido avatar

12884 posts since 20/4/05

24 Oct 2013 16:32
London wages must be good if you can drop a grand on a laptop without even knowing what you want it for or why you should order a specific processor.
ballso
ballso avatar

635 posts since 26/1/09

24 Oct 2013 16:42
i think it depends on what you'll be using it for. if it's nothing too intensive, you probably won't need/notice the extra power of the i7. but if you can afford it, it's probably worth the bump in price i think.
m15try
m15try avatar

1234 posts since 18/8/09

24 Oct 2013 16:43
An i5 won't even handle youtube. Don't bother with it.
MoB
MoB avatar

36870 posts since 31/8/04

24 Oct 2013 16:47
Guido wrote: London wages must be good if you can drop a grand on a laptop without even knowing what you want it for or why you should order a specific processor.
and the rest.

I've used my current macbook air with i7 1.8ghz rendering video but it does struggle at times, wondered if the i5 2.5 - 2.8's would have improved that. No matter, got the i.7 anyway.
stelfox
stelfox avatar

8488 posts since 11/3/09

24 Oct 2013 17:12
m15try wrote: An i5 won't even handle youtube. Don't bother with it.

What's that now?
m15try
m15try avatar

1234 posts since 18/8/09

24 Oct 2013 18:03
Oops
Minesweeper is sluggish on an i5 processor
Guido
Guido avatar

12884 posts since 20/4/05

24 Oct 2013 20:28
William Baldwin wrote:
Guido wrote: London wages must be good if you can drop a grand on a laptop without even knowing what you want it for or why you should order a specific processor.
and the rest.

I've used my current macbook air with i7 1.8ghz rendering video but it does struggle at times, wondered if the i5 2.5 - 2.8's would have improved that. No matter, got the i.7 anyway.

Sorry, didn't expect you'd use it for much more than the net, football threads and torrents.
paint.ldn
paint.ldn avatar

709 posts since 20/11/11

28 Oct 2013 14:02
opinions on the best ad blocker for safari?
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9363 posts since 17/7/05

28 Oct 2013 15:01
Went for the 13" MacBook Pro retina, upgraded the base spec to a 2.6ghz i5 and 8gb ram, 128gb Hdd is big enough as I don't tend to store much on it anyway. All for £870 from Malaysia's Apple online education store.

My old MacBook has lasted me 7 years, I hope this one does too…