General Discussion: interior design


Show original post
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6274 posts since 13/4/02

6 Jul 2013 18:47
eazypz wrote: Get LED bulbs if you can, spots always generate too much heat.
They generate hardly any heat and the life span of them is long.

Those Floss actually look pretty good surface mounted:


Can you get led lights as replacement for spotlights? Have the flos compass boxes in four and two configs and use the spots recommended by the manufacturer. Have to replace one or two spots every month, fucking pain in the ass plus theyre like 35gbp each..
EVERS
EVERS avatar

8580 posts since 2/7/06

6 Jul 2013 19:57
this top of the cabinet style is becoming popular:



them boxes look like a magnet for grease and a nightmare to clean / keep clean
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6274 posts since 13/4/02

6 Jul 2013 19:59
Smiling
01huba
01huba avatar

390 posts since 14/7/11

6 Jul 2013 21:49
Puzzled
pops
pops avatar

4037 posts since 2/9/09

7 Jul 2013 06:41
TV's the wrong colour Evers Laughing out loud
Dee
Dee avatar

11223 posts since 22/11/07

7 Jul 2013 09:15
v Cool especially with shapes, spots recessed in to little squares work well imo.


http://www.desiretoinspire.net/blog/2013/1/9/bia-prado.html
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14288 posts since 21/2/07

7 Jul 2013 09:24
pops wrote: TV's the wrong colour Evers Laughing out loud

The whole kitchen is wrong
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3016 posts since 16/4/10

7 Jul 2013 12:27
Crazy Joe Davola wrote: Can you get led lights as replacement for spotlights? Have the flos compass boxes in four and two configs and use the spots recommended by the manufacturer. Have to replace one or two spots every month, fucking pain in the ass plus theyre like 35gbp each..

Depends on the fitting mate. Are they GU10s?
paint.ldn
paint.ldn avatar

709 posts since 20/11/11

12 Jul 2013 15:14
Copper pipe and cement block rails - great for shop startups/showrooms/exhibition spaces

99p starting bid/ pick up tomorrow (Shoreditch)/1 day listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261245027513?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
hate
hate avatar

1571 posts since 4/1/12

12 Jul 2013 15:24
paint.ldn wrote: Copper pipe and cement block rails - great for shop startups/showrooms/exhibition spaces

99p starting bid/ pick up tomorrow (Shoreditch)/1 day listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261245027513?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Ubercool
paint.ldn
paint.ldn avatar

709 posts since 20/11/11

12 Jul 2013 15:38
Might be leftover Peroni from the exhibition as well Eye-wink
seenmy
seenmy avatar

6533 posts since 17/6/06

20 Jul 2013 16:56
anyone had any experience with bathrooms from aston matthews was in showroom today and was first place I have seen a decent range of victorian inspired showers/taps/basins etc.
San
San avatar

10493 posts since 14/11/05

23 Jul 2013 22:22
Does anybody know what the white table on the left is called?
manula
manula avatar

1648 posts since 11/9/11

24 Jul 2013 02:13
Arne Jacobsen Superellipse
pops
pops avatar

4037 posts since 2/9/09

24 Jul 2013 07:42
Can't see enough of it on my iPhone to tell but the super ellipse was designed by Piet hein not AJ
What a bland unimaginative room anyway. Interior design by numbers
OliverGauffe
OliverGauffe avatar

16 posts since 8/7/13

24 Jul 2013 09:42
Who makes the bird on the table? Agree the room is a bit bland, but I find it is liveable, which a lot of designer rooms lack. Also, the glass door in pic above is gorgeous…spot lights well done, but very partial to the door idea…
Best
Best avatar

9780 posts since 21/10/05

24 Jul 2013 09:50
eames
pops
pops avatar

4037 posts since 2/9/09

24 Jul 2013 10:25
I don't think Charles or Ray had anything to do with designing that bird. It's based on one of many pieces found in their house & is being produced by vitra & . a blatant cashing in on the eames name
San
San avatar

10493 posts since 14/11/05

24 Jul 2013 10:56
Got to buy furniture for my new office and wanted a meeting table of that ilk. Any other recommendations to sit 6/8 people?
manula
manula avatar

1648 posts since 11/9/11

24 Jul 2013 18:54
pops wrote: Can't see enough of it on my iPhone to tell but the super ellipse was designed by Piet hein not AJ
What a bland unimaginative room anyway. Interior design by numbers

Ah yeah, my mistake (just a guess anyway)