General Discussion: interior design


Show original post
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4822 posts since 17/10/07

17 Nov 2016 00:34
This ^
If you have no window definitely get a good quality extractor fan, and spend that bit more to get stainless steel fixtures and fittings…they will go rusty in less than a year if you don't get decent quality ones.

We have Roper Rhodes fittings and they are excellent, no scale build up (also hard water area) or signs of putting/rust build up.
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4822 posts since 17/10/07

17 Nov 2016 00:37
On the shower thing, what about something like this…

Egan
Egan avatar

464 posts since 17/10/11

17 Nov 2016 10:27
Just moving into a new gaff and have loads of shit to buy white goods, bed, sofa etc. Do retailers have decent black Friday sales? Thinking it may be sensible to hold off until then.
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4626 posts since 24/8/06

17 Nov 2016 10:46
thanks for the advice guys, yeah having a decent extractor fan put in, defo understand the need for this,…

I like the idea of having the pipe exposed like this,

http://www.bathroomsensations.co.uk/Hansgrohe-Raindance-select-Raindance-select-S-240-Showerpipe.html?gclid=COzSgZfOr9ACFRHgGwod8cgPLQ

I spoke to one of the people at a bathroom place, not above I don't think, they were saying if you want to move the attchedment later, you can remove it and just put a thing in place to stop the water coming out, is this true as far as anyone is aware ?
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4626 posts since 24/8/06

17 Nov 2016 10:46
plus anything called 'raindance' is bound to be good right ?
Dee
Dee avatar

12026 posts since 22/11/07

17 Nov 2016 11:41
you would need to have the plumbing closed off but not sure why you would move it?

fittings - check them out in person if you can. sent pm.
Dee
Dee avatar

12026 posts since 22/11/07

17 Nov 2016 11:43
recommend these from muji if anyone wants to debrand their bathroom (stickers come off)

MoB
MoB avatar

37195 posts since 31/8/04

17 Nov 2016 12:07
didn't think they sold those anymore?
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4626 posts since 24/8/06

17 Nov 2016 12:09
ive still got your black ones Mob they're amazing Laughing out loud
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4822 posts since 17/10/07

17 Nov 2016 21:58
joeyjojo wrote: thanks for the advice guys, yeah having a decent extractor fan put in, defo understand the need for this,…

I like the idea of having the pipe exposed like this,

http://www.bathroomsensations.co.uk/Hansgrohe-Raindance-select-Raindance-select-S-240-Showerpipe.html?gclid=COzSgZfOr9ACFRHgGwod8cgPLQ

I spoke to one of the people at a bathroom place, not above I don't think, they were saying if you want to move the attchedment later, you can remove it and just put a thing in place to stop the water coming out, is this true as far as anyone is aware ?

What do you mean by moving the attachment? As in moving the whole shower? Or removing the head?
pyscho
pyscho avatar

168 posts since 27/3/12

17 Nov 2016 22:38
Does anybody have any good links for commercial interior design, namely restaurants and cafes

Can be any old images really, or an article, current trends etc.

Need to throw a interior designer some references for his mood board, or whatever else he's doing with all our money
Alloy
Alloy avatar

91 posts since 3/8/08

17 Nov 2016 23:28
Thought those Muji things only came out in Japan some years ago?
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20594 posts since 26/1/06

18 Nov 2016 09:35
pyscho wrote: Does anybody have any good links for commercial interior design, namely restaurants and cafes

The Cool Hunter is decent.

http://thecoolhunter.net/category/design/restaurants-bars/

http://thecoolhunter.net/category/design/interiors/

http://thecoolhunter.net/category/design/stores/

http://thecoolhunter.net/category/architecture/offices/

joeyjojo wrote: having a flat refurbed is s fucking nightmare

What stage are you at? We've just started talking to contractors and I'm really enjoying it so far. Not looking forward to the 6 weeks of dust though.
MoB
MoB avatar

37195 posts since 31/8/04

18 Nov 2016 10:02
We're having our bathroom and kitchen done at the same time, proper proper nightmare.
burny
burny avatar

6026 posts since 25/5/06

18 Nov 2016 10:11
Im having both done at the moment as well. Swim in the morning for a shower and eating out in the evenings. Laughing out loud
MoB
MoB avatar

37195 posts since 31/8/04

18 Nov 2016 10:18
burny wrote: Im having both done at the moment as well. Swim in the morning for a shower and eating out in the evenings. Laughing out loud

Word
trailofdavid
trailofdavid avatar

6334 posts since 14/8/09

18 Nov 2016 12:46

Bump
Goldie
Goldie avatar

4822 posts since 17/10/07

18 Nov 2016 13:19
andymakesglasses wrote:
joeyjojo wrote: having a flat refurbed is s fucking nightmare

What stage are you at? We've just started talking to contractors and I'm really enjoying it so far. Not looking forward to the 6 weeks of dust though.

Everybody loves the first part; designing, choosing colours and tiles etc and everybody loves the last week where you see the finishing touches…but they all HATE the massive bit inbetween. They loathe you being in their house 10 hours a day, shouting at each other, using their facilities, having to tread over all your tools and kit, having to make decisions and making 20 cups of tea a day. We did a full bungalow renovation last year and first week we got bacon cobs everyday etc…that soon stopped when they're sick of you.
figurine
figurine avatar

6017 posts since 14/5/07

18 Nov 2016 13:19
Haven't read either but have been considering buying both for a while. Think the Monocle looks better imo, but think its articles lifted from the magazine mostly, so if the recipient is a Monocle reader/subscriber it might not be a much worth.
joeyjojo
joeyjojo avatar

4626 posts since 24/8/06

19 Nov 2016 10:38
Just the whole process. First part was great- but having to move out for 4 - 5 weeks, finding somewhere in London etc. Also I designed my whole bathroom - ordered everything and found out the config wouldn't work so had to return it all, still awaiting refunds then order for the new config which I essentially only had a few days to decide. The builders are in for 4 weeks then the Kitchen fitter and I'm trying desperately to have done for xmas so trying to avoid as many delays as possible.
Also this nagging feeling I have considering I'm doing it alone I just wonder whether the things I buy will look good !!