General Discussion: interior design


Show original post
Dee
Dee avatar

11196 posts since 22/11/07

3 Apr 2018 18:51
display cabinet Rams or a custom?

pops
pops avatar

4032 posts since 2/9/09

3 Apr 2018 19:45
I’ll have a check but pretty certain I’ve not seen that in any reference books so reckon it’s a custom job
fouineoursb
fouineoursb avatar

1511 posts since 12/11/06

3 Apr 2018 19:57
I saw some of these clear glass/plexi cabinets on ebay.de before.
seenmy
seenmy avatar

6527 posts since 17/6/06

4 Apr 2018 10:59
thats at the vitsoe head office so would imagine it was an official product at some point?or it could just be a hack of that unit replacing the sliding wood doors with glass
themistake
themistake avatar

10522 posts since 20/2/06

4 Apr 2018 11:10
Anyone here have String shelving? Thoughts?

Also,
Anyone have any blogs or Instagram recommendations?
Best
Best avatar

9773 posts since 21/10/05

4 Apr 2018 12:07
Future and found are good on insta: https://www.instagram.com/futureandfound

Great little shop in north London, they also stock string
fouineoursb
fouineoursb avatar

1511 posts since 12/11/06

4 Apr 2018 14:36
themistake wrote: Anyone here have String shelving? Thoughts?

Also,
Anyone have any blogs or Instagram recommendations?

I got some in my kitchen(table + cabinets + shelvings in oak), quite happy with them, good quality and price was quite fair.
GameOver
GameOver avatar

1833 posts since 1/6/06

4 Apr 2018 15:12
fouineoursb wrote:
themistake wrote: Anyone here have String shelving? Thoughts?

Also,
Anyone have any blogs or Instagram recommendations?

I got some in my kitchen(table + cabinets + shelvings in oak), quite happy with them, good quality and price was quite fair.

Also have some in my living room (floor side shelving + cabinets). good quality and fact that they're modular has obviously helped when moving house a few time (fitting into various spaces etc.)
pops
pops avatar

4032 posts since 2/9/09

4 Apr 2018 15:45
seenmy wrote: thats at the vitsoe head office

So it is.new HQ looks great. I was invited to the official opening but couldn’t make it all the way up to Leamington.

I’d still guess it’s a custom job on that cabinet
pops
pops avatar

4032 posts since 2/9/09

4 Apr 2018 16:05
Latest restoration project. Just Picked up a vintage Hille production Robin Day Leo chair for a steal. Not particularly rare or valuable but a design I admire

Currently with a grim vinyl covering and a five star swivel base , probably produced for the commercial market in mid 60’s


Being recovered with a Gerd Hay Edie fabric , as used by Robin Day from the 50’s and the base replaced with the sleigh legs. Hopefully will look similar to below.

Will post the results Smiling




pops
pops avatar

4032 posts since 2/9/09

4 Apr 2018 16:07
themistake wrote: Anyone here have String shelving?

I’ve got a box of unused oak shelves if you’re interested in buying them ?
themistake
themistake avatar

10522 posts since 20/2/06

4 Apr 2018 21:42
what size mate?
shame
shame avatar

1708 posts since 17/7/12

5 Apr 2018 06:09
GameOver wrote:
fouineoursb wrote:
themistake wrote: Anyone here have String shelving? Thoughts?

Also,
Anyone have any blogs or Instagram recommendations?

I got some in my kitchen(table + cabinets + shelvings in oak), quite happy with them, good quality and price was quite fair.

Also have some in my living room (floor side shelving + cabinets). good quality and fact that they're modular has obviously helped when moving house a few time (fitting into various spaces etc.)
i can double that, price/quality is amazing ime. #stringshelfie for insta inspiration.
pops
pops avatar

4032 posts since 2/9/09

posted 5 Apr 2018 19:53, edited 5 Apr 2018 19:53
themistake wrote: what size mate?

They’re 58cm x 30cms.
pops
pops avatar

4032 posts since 2/9/09

7 Apr 2018 16:17
Dee wrote: display cabinet Rams or a custom?


Was speaking with Peter of Das Programm earlier today and mentioned this to him. Apparently it was an actual production piece - coincidentally he recently picked one up at auction but had never seen (or heard of) before then so perhaps a contract piece ? No idea of year of production either.
Dee
Dee avatar

11196 posts since 22/11/07

posted 7 Apr 2018 18:39, edited 7 Apr 2018 18:39
Thanks for asking. Did he say if he was buying for his site to sell?
pops
pops avatar

4032 posts since 2/9/09

8 Apr 2018 10:32
Didn’t ask him but speaking to him again next week so happy to ask.

themistake
themistake avatar

10522 posts since 20/2/06

8 Apr 2018 13:06
pops wrote:
themistake wrote: what size mate?

They’re 58cm x 30cms.


I'm after the 20cm at the moment. Thanks for the offer mind you
toiler
toiler avatar

86 posts since 4/5/09

11 Apr 2018 14:38
can anyone recommend any good interior magazines?
shame
shame avatar

1708 posts since 17/7/12

13 Apr 2018 06:31
which brands should i check out for nice throws/blankets?

i love the natural look of this kvadrat/raf simons one, wouldn't mind some alternatives though.
http://www.kvadratrafsimons.com/collection/throws/pixie/981