General Discussion: interior design


Show original post
Dee
Dee avatar

11277 posts since 22/11/07

18 Dec 2019 22:33
colours look great, nice chairs too - maybe think of adding a couple of minimal wall lamps and try a larger bulb?
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

8829 posts since 6/10/05

posted 19 Dec 2019 07:14, edited 19 Dec 2019 07:14
Burt Laughing out loud

I like them but always thought they where more suited to bedrooms.
I like Tom Dixon stuff alot I really want a wingback chair but they are a bit pricey. Has anyone seen the micro wingback in the flesh?
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14302 posts since 21/2/07

19 Dec 2019 08:13
Room looks great, hate Tom Dixon though.
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

4618 posts since 26/9/09

19 Dec 2019 08:30
Dee wrote: colours look great, nice chairs too - maybe think of adding a couple of minimal wall lamps and try a larger bulb?

I often think that the main light in a living room/dining room is more for show than practicality. As Dee has said get some wall lamps, floor lamps, table lamps
illwill
illwill avatar

3766 posts since 17/5/04

19 Dec 2019 08:37
sydneyking wrote:
Dee wrote: colours look great, nice chairs too - maybe think of adding a couple of minimal wall lamps and try a larger bulb?

I often think that the main light in a living room/dining room is more for show than practicality. As Dee has said get some wall lamps, floor lamps, table lamps

This. The only time the ceiling lights are ever on in the living room is if I'm looking for the telly remote.
Gaz
Gaz avatar

2557 posts since 20/10/05

19 Dec 2019 09:13
Everyone banging on about how great the room looks - all you can see is two chairs, a blob and a window Laughing out loud you've lost the fucking plot. Looks like a dentist's waiting room to me.
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

6587 posts since 5/6/07

19 Dec 2019 09:24
I like and have a Tom Dixon pendant light but for me they work better with a darker colour scheme. I have dark teal feature walls which work well.
swiftus
swiftus avatar

867 posts since 1/7/09

19 Dec 2019 10:11
sydneyking wrote:
Dee wrote: colours look great, nice chairs too - maybe think of adding a couple of minimal wall lamps and try a larger bulb?

I often think that the main light in a living room/dining room is more for show than practicality. As Dee has said get some wall lamps, floor lamps, table lamps

Do you have an example of this setup?
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

4618 posts since 26/9/09

19 Dec 2019 11:47
What setup? A room with lamps?
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

4618 posts since 26/9/09

19 Dec 2019 11:48
EssexBoyII wrote: I like and have a Tom Dixon pendant light but for me they work better with a darker colour scheme. I have dark teal feature walls which work well.

Really not into feature walls at all
Best
Best avatar

9793 posts since 21/10/05

19 Dec 2019 18:01
Dee wrote: colours look great, nice chairs too - maybe think of adding a couple of minimal wall lamps and try a larger bulb?

I’m chatting the contractor tomorrow about adding wall lamps, such a pain given we’ve almost finished the room (cornice etc still to added)

I may get a couple of these as a test
https://www.conranshop.co.uk/marasino-floor-uplighter.html
sydneyking
sydneyking avatar

4618 posts since 26/9/09

19 Dec 2019 18:28
Have a look at BTC wall lighting, you can get lots of them with a cord to plug in which will save you digging out the plaster and having to repaint. Or as you say go for floor or table lamps
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3048 posts since 16/4/10

19 Dec 2019 20:13
Gaz wrote: Everyone banging on about how great the room looks - all you can see is two chairs, a blob and a window Laughing out loud you've lost the fucking plot. Looks like a dentist's waiting room to me.

You forgot the parquet flooring Cool

Would love to see pics when its all finished