General Discussion: interior design


Show original post
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3177 posts since 16/4/10

posted 19 Apr 2020 18:13, edited 19 Apr 2020 18:13
Didn’t realise they were that expensive here, hence why I asked.

I got the same style when I was in marrakech and paid £160 after haggling. Mine is roughly 8ftx5ft.
Even got the guy to bring some old lady in to braid the ends to make it look neater Laughing out loud
Loads of synthetics and cotton ones posing as wool, got a friend that lives out there that took me to a few decent places for the proper stuff.

Sounds cheaper to have a weekend break and buy a rug and bring it home if going by the 1k Mark Laughing out loud

There’s also a guy with a shop in Brighton that a friend of mine got something similar from, she said it was quite cheap though.

Was supposed to be going Istanbul next week and was hoping to bring back a Turkish/Persian but that’s obviously not happening now.
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

8959 posts since 6/10/05

19 Apr 2020 18:24
seenmy wrote: for what its worth Id just mirror the built in you have on the other side, I think if you put a non custom made unit in that space with the arch top it will always look cramped and awkward. mirroring the unit will give symmetry and then you have a surface you can place object/objects on as you please and the arch will frame nicely in my opinion.

I love vitsoe but I also dont think it will work in that space, as the arch makes it feel like a feature, which its not really supposed to be.

One of our neighbours has done that and it all looks a little too symmetrical if you know what I mean. I initially wanted a lower industrial glass cabinet in there, could get some stuff in it and like you say put a plant and some ornaments on top,but the wife thinks that would look to similar Laughing out loud

She sent me this today and it doesn't look bad, it is a taller narrower arch though


I do prefer the idea of a lower one though


Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

8959 posts since 6/10/05

19 Apr 2020 18:44
eazypz wrote: Didn’t realise they were that expensive here, hence why I asked.

I got the same style when I was in marrakech and paid £160 after haggling. Mine is roughly 8ftx5ft.
Even got the guy to bring some old lady in to braid the ends to make it look neater Laughing out loud
Loads of synthetics and cotton ones posing as wool, got a friend that lives out there that took me to a few decent places for the proper stuff.

Sounds cheaper to have a weekend break and buy a rug and bring it home if going by the 1k Mark Laughing out loud

There’s also a guy with a shop in Brighton that a friend of mine got something similar from, she said it was quite cheap though.

Was supposed to be going Istanbul next week and was hoping to bring back a Turkish/Persian but that’s obviously not happening now.


£350 for the 8ft if you don't want to go hump one back from Morocco it doesn't sound bad to me, I've seen them for a lot more here and the thing is really good quality.
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3177 posts since 16/4/10

19 Apr 2020 20:12
Yea Ive just had a look now, some silly prices online.

As its wool, how do you go about cleaning it other than giving it a hoover?
As its quite thick, loads of bits of fluff get pulled into it that you cant see unless you're really up close and only come out if you hand pick them.
themistake
themistake avatar

10678 posts since 20/2/06

19 Apr 2020 20:20
Seventyfour wrote:
themistake wrote: Cool
Their selection is brilliant, loving loads of these.

What’s the damage on a 6ft x 4ft? forvezample.

They source them to order usually but they do sometimes carry stock. From what I can gather she is Moroccan but lives here and here parents live in Morocco and ship them over for her.
Prices are really good imo, on the standard Beni's
Mediums roughly 240 x150 are £350
Large roughly 200 x 300 £450
Xl 330 x 240 £550

Cheers mate. They are really reasonable.
roophees
roophees avatar

1689 posts since 18/12/10

19 Apr 2020 20:28
Thanks for the tip on the rug Seventyfour, these look great
bertoni
bertoni avatar

1265 posts since 29/9/11

19 Apr 2020 20:34
Those rugs do look the business. Gonna need to retire my current wool rug soon but want the new one to shed less than the current tumbleweed nightmare. How is yours Seventyfour?
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

8959 posts since 6/10/05

20 Apr 2020 11:45
bertoni wrote: Those rugs do look the business. Gonna need to retire my current wool rug soon but want the new one to shed less than the current tumbleweed nightmare. How is yours Seventyfour?

A tumble weed nightmare mate Laughing out loud
It's getting better though spent the first few weeks unblocking the Dyson
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

3 May 2020 03:58
//quarters//

figurine
figurine avatar

5886 posts since 14/5/07

3 May 2020 07:09
Single bed Cool
discobobulated
discobobulated avatar

826 posts since 21/4/10

3 May 2020 08:13
bertoni
bertoni avatar

1265 posts since 29/9/11

3 May 2020 08:31
Love the bedside table Mil. What is it?
bertoni
bertoni avatar

1265 posts since 29/9/11

posted 3 May 2020 08:35, edited 3 May 2020 08:35
Seventyfour wrote:
bertoni wrote: Those rugs do look the business. Gonna need to retire my current wool rug soon but want the new one to shed less than the current tumbleweed nightmare. How is yours Seventyfour?

A tumble weed nightmare mate Laughing out loud
It's getting better though spent the first few weeks unblocking the Dyson

Laughing out loud oh shit. Do all wool rugs shed then? Definitely prefer natural fibres but the tumbleweed is a fucking nightmare. Had my rug for 12 years and it still sheds. Amazed there’s any wool left on the fucking thing….
themistake
themistake avatar

10678 posts since 20/2/06

3 May 2020 08:37
private hospital chic
themistake
themistake avatar

10678 posts since 20/2/06

3 May 2020 08:38
bertoni wrote: Love the bedside table Mil. What is it?

Looks like two occasional tables stacked
bertoni
bertoni avatar

1265 posts since 29/9/11

3 May 2020 09:34
Laughing out loud Oh yeah. Cheers for pointing that out.
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3177 posts since 16/4/10

3 May 2020 13:41
Anyone know where I can pick up a proper hand made oriental style runner for non rape price?

Something similar to the below, hallway is neutral so trying to add a bit of colour and pattern.



DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14375 posts since 21/2/07

3 May 2020 14:49
themistake wrote: private hospital chic

Care home vibes
snaye
snaye avatar

10741 posts since 24/10/02

3 May 2020 14:56
eazypz wrote: Anyone know where I can pick up a proper hand made oriental style runner for non rape price?

Something similar to the below, hallway is neutral so trying to add a bit of colour and pattern.




Not exactly non rape (soz) but this place is brilliant for vintage and unique pieces- https://www.sharktoothnyc.com/

Always pick something up when I'm over, might be worth mailing them as they have significantly more stock instore than online.
nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3535 posts since 21/2/10

3 May 2020 15:18
DuffMan wrote:
themistake wrote: private hospital chic

Care home vibes

Fucking hell Laughing out loud