General Discussion: interior design


Show original post
NickMSM
NickMSM avatar

400 posts since 21/8/13

22 Sep 2020 15:00
eazypz wrote: Does someone on here have an Ercol Love Seat? And what do you think of it?

I have one, never use it tbh it's just a statement piece in an inglenook. Nice thing though and you can actually sit in which is always a bonus Laughing out loud

velvet
velvet avatar

9546 posts since 12/6/06

22 Sep 2020 16:07

thx
sodomgomorra
sodomgomorra avatar

1581 posts since 24/3/14

22 Sep 2020 20:47
georgeyounan wrote:
sodomgomorra wrote: Love a lino top.

Do you have experience with the stuff? From what I gather it's a bit of a pain.

Yeah, it's a really nice finish.

It was my first time using it, went on pretty easy to be honest. Stuck down with Eurocol 414 adhesive as suggested by the rep and left to dry overnight with some glass weighing it down.

That doesn't sound too bad. Did you use a router?
georgeyounan
georgeyounan avatar

503 posts since 22/12/11

23 Sep 2020 10:25
sodomgomorra wrote:
georgeyounan wrote:
sodomgomorra wrote: Love a lino top.

Do you have experience with the stuff? From what I gather it's a bit of a pain.

Yeah, it's a really nice finish.

It was my first time using it, went on pretty easy to be honest. Stuck down with Eurocol 414 adhesive as suggested by the rep and left to dry overnight with some glass weighing it down.

That doesn't sound too bad. Did you use a router?

The workshop I bought the ply from is only around the corner from me and they offered to cut it again once the laminate was on.

Fair bit easier than a hand router Laughing out loud

frank101
frank101 avatar

225 posts since 10/9/07

posted 21 Oct 2020 20:27, edited 21 Oct 2020 20:27
Can someone id this chair in the Jacquemus office?

https://images.app.goo.gl/SfzjFUXShDkYWyXr5
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7634 posts since 21/4/05

21 Oct 2020 21:18
Any good places to browse 'Persian' style rugs with trusted / transparent pricing? Seem to vary massively and hard to judge whats what.
R
R avatar

13055 posts since 17/5/03

posted 25 Oct 2020 13:04, edited 25 Oct 2020 13:04
just ordered quite a few hiroshima chairs. not overly keen on spending even more on the matching table. does anyone have any good suggestions for rectangular walnut dining tables with round legs please?
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3218 posts since 16/4/10

26 Oct 2020 15:57
NickMSM wrote:
eazypz wrote: Does someone on here have an Ercol Love Seat? And what do you think of it?

I have one, never use it tbh it's just a statement piece in an inglenook. Nice thing though and you can actually sit in which is always a bonus Laughing out loud


Cheers mate, the setting definitely suits and makes it look even better.

Was going to go for one, but have just come across another offer.
Do Eames Lounge chairs ever go on sale? Can get one in a set colourway (black leather/palisander wood/black and polished aluminium legs) for 25% off, but only now.

The Ercol fits perfectly in the space I want it to go in, where as the Eames is definitely a lot bigger and will require the living room being rejigged in the flat, but it’s one of my grail pieces for when we eventually move into a house.

Looking at prices, as with everything it’s constantly increasing. In 2016 it was 1k less, so makes sense to invest now, especially with a discount?
pops
pops avatar

4166 posts since 2/9/09

26 Oct 2020 17:51
Never seen 25% discount unless ex display. Vitra sale is 15% as far back as I can remember.

Birdman
Birdman avatar

1436 posts since 10/3/10

26 Oct 2020 19:11
25% is a great discount on a Eames Lounge Chair imho.
pops
pops avatar

4166 posts since 2/9/09

posted 26 Oct 2020 19:15, edited 26 Oct 2020 19:15
R wrote: just ordered quite a few hiroshima chairs. not overly keen on spending even more on the matching table. does anyone have any good suggestions for rectangular walnut dining tables with round legs please?

Great choice Cool I’ve the Hiroshima armchairs & table in white oak. They really look amazing as as a set so I’d say if you can afford it , buy the table.

As a cheaper alternative Muji have a rectangular walnut table (pictured below ) that could work well


And mine here

Anto
Anto avatar

3837 posts since 19/1/12

26 Oct 2020 19:16
Definitely, and that's also a nice colours combination.

Best I could have got it for was 21% off, but I could also choose the colourway
discobobulated
discobobulated avatar

898 posts since 21/4/10

26 Oct 2020 22:03
15% is the discount I got. Was a grail for me and love everything about it. Chair for life. Steal with 25% off.
R
R avatar

13055 posts since 17/5/03

26 Oct 2020 22:27
pops wrote:
R wrote: just ordered quite a few hiroshima chairs. not overly keen on spending even more on the matching table. does anyone have any good suggestions for rectangular walnut dining tables with round legs please?

Great choice Cool I’ve the Hiroshima armchairs & table in white oak. They really look amazing as as a set so I’d say if you can afford it , buy the table.

As a cheaper alternative Muji have a rectangular walnut table (pictured below ) that could work well


And mine here


looks great, thanks. just debating whether to get a light brown coating on the chairs, which makes them a darker brown. think i might go for this:

eazypz
eazypz avatar

3218 posts since 16/4/10

26 Oct 2020 22:48
Cheers guys, will hopefully put an order in by the end of the week. Will see what else I can shift in the meantime.

This place is full of enablers Laughing out loud
ginner
ginner avatar

291 posts since 15/4/14

26 Oct 2020 23:48
R wrote:
pops wrote:
R wrote: just ordered quite a few hiroshima chairs. not overly keen on spending even more on the matching table. does anyone have any good suggestions for rectangular walnut dining tables with round legs please?

Great choice Cool I’ve the Hiroshima armchairs & table in white oak. They really look amazing as as a set so I’d say if you can afford it , buy the table.

As a cheaper alternative Muji have a rectangular walnut table (pictured below ) that could work well


And mine here


looks great, thanks. just debating whether to get a light brown coating on the chairs, which makes them a darker brown. think i might go for this:


Wheres the table from??
Byte
Byte avatar

2977 posts since 16/6/10

27 Oct 2020 00:53
I'm looking for an articulated desk lamp, any suggestions for something like an Anglepoise or something more modern?
Birdman
Birdman avatar

1436 posts since 10/3/10

posted 27 Oct 2020 02:52, edited 27 Oct 2020 02:52
https://www.davidvillagelighting.co.uk/product/Artemide-Tolomeo-LED-Table-Lamp/5287

Not sure if this is the kind of thing you are after, but have always liked the Tolomeo.
Anto
Anto avatar

3837 posts since 19/1/12

27 Oct 2020 07:24
Berenice by Luceplan, but also the Tolomeo of course
youngkamio
youngkamio avatar

20 posts since 27/6/14

27 Oct 2020 10:49
I have the Luceplan BAP. Great ultra flexible task light. Highly recommended.