General Discussion: interior design


Show original post
Jesus
Jesus avatar

6088 posts since 7/10/08

13 Feb 2012 19:24
jeg wrote: Anyone recommend a place for Chesterfield style sofas?

ebay, used ones are well cheap
Skinny
Skinny avatar

883 posts since 17/9/09

16 Feb 2012 08:02
Looking for some storage in my room for clothes, not keen on a chest of draws incase i need to 'expand'.

Seen some pp draws in muji, anyone got them or a consensus if it's a shit idea? Seen something better?
http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1&Sec;=9⋐=38&PID;=156
pops
pops avatar

4284 posts since 2/9/09

16 Feb 2012 08:24
Got a few of those in my spare room, they're pretty strong, good value too.Go for it.
beedub
beedub avatar

6810 posts since 7/3/07

16 Feb 2012 17:04
Agreed, I have a couple on top of my wardrobe.
Skinny
Skinny avatar

883 posts since 17/9/09

16 Feb 2012 17:44
Got a couple this evening. Getting them home on the tube just now was interesting! Roll Eyes
CArlW
CArlW avatar

116 posts since 21/2/10

16 Feb 2012 18:59
Skinny wrote: Looking for some storage in my room for clothes, not keen on a chest of draws incase i need to 'expand'.

Seen some pp draws in muji, anyone got them or a consensus if it's a shit idea? Seen something better?
http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1&Sec;=9⋐=38&PID;=156


nick2
nick2 avatar

7231 posts since 18/2/09

16 Feb 2012 19:08
Fine if you want dusty clothes, also, if it's in direct sunlight the sun will fade your clothes.
Nick.
Nick. avatar

3382 posts since 11/9/09

16 Feb 2012 19:14
had an open rail like that for ages and mine never seem to get dusty, but obviously its a risk you should consider if you have bits that dont get worn much
Skinny
Skinny avatar

883 posts since 17/9/09

16 Feb 2012 19:29
In built cupboard with double rail Eye-wink But ta.
Dee
Dee avatar

12062 posts since 22/11/07

16 Feb 2012 20:29
just about to buy a rail as need extra storage. Anyone know of any decent dust covers?
FrIEND
FrIEND avatar

13672 posts since 27/11/03

16 Feb 2012 22:30
Sometimes pictures are better than real life
Strummer
Strummer avatar

2179 posts since 24/7/04

26 Feb 2012 21:56
anyone recommend anywhere good for bedding? Everything seems to be either white or aimed at middle aged women.

After something simple but good quality. Cheers
Serbia
Serbia avatar

4932 posts since 22/3/06

26 Feb 2012 23:18
whats wrong with white or black? keep it simple no?
Dee
Dee avatar

12062 posts since 22/11/07

28 Feb 2012 22:20
anyone seen any interesting rugs about? Really want a navajo but they seem a bit scarce and v pricey.

also looking for some interesting vintage lamps.. i have the Hala lamps on the radar but does anyone know of anything else that I could be looking at?

http://www.midmod-design.com/general/uploads/4e0f863c8b303-groot2.jpeg

Dee
Dee avatar

12062 posts since 22/11/07

28 Feb 2012 22:27
also after a huge circular mirror but can't find shit all like it…



Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2212 posts since 16/7/11

28 Feb 2012 22:39
That is amazing.
Dee
Dee avatar

12062 posts since 22/11/07

28 Feb 2012 22:40
and it seems impossible to buy.

CArlW
CArlW avatar

116 posts since 21/2/10

28 Feb 2012 22:58
Dee wrote: also looking for some interesting vintage lamps.. i have the Hala lamps on the radar but does anyone know of anything else that I could be looking at?

http://www.midmod-design.com/general/uploads/4e0f863c8b303-groot2.jpeg


jielde?

Nick.
Nick. avatar

3382 posts since 11/9/09

28 Feb 2012 23:32
I was going to say hit CarlW up dee ^ the guy knows lamps!
pops
pops avatar

4284 posts since 2/9/09

29 Feb 2012 07:14
Dee wrote: anyone seen any interesting rugs about? Really want a navajo but they seem a bit scarce and v pricey.

also looking for some interesting vintage lamps.. i have the Hala lamps on the radar but does anyone know of anything else that I could be looking at?

http://www.midmod-design.com/general/uploads/4e0f863c8b303-groot2.jpeg

Dee, iirc you've a few Modernist pieces, if so the geometric paterns on north African Beni Ourarain work particularly well. I've seen pics of Alvar Aaltos house , and Poul Kjaerholm with these rugs and they look great.
Got mine from Maroc Tribal, Larusi also stock them but a bit pricier