General Discussion: interior design


Show original post
MoB
MoB avatar

36704 posts since 31/8/04

7 Feb 2010 17:07
Best wrote: how much out of interest?

fucked her yet?

Was £1090 including leccy which was really really tempting as it's literally 2 minutes walk to work but at the time i hadn't had a pay rise or promotion. Could probably stretch to it now but it would be a bit depressing living on my own.
Nah, still nothing. She was coming round tonight but Homer's failed to clean the flat so i'm going round hers. Hopefully it will happen and i'll last longer than 30 seconds.
candidate
candidate avatar

2451 posts since 12/11/06

7 Feb 2010 17:10
MoB wrote: would kill for a flat in the barbican.
Best
Best avatar

9780 posts since 21/10/05

7 Feb 2010 17:16
MoB wrote:
Best wrote: how much out of interest?

fucked her yet?

Was £1090 including leccy which was really really tempting as it's literally 2 minutes walk to work but at the time i hadn't had a pay rise or promotion. Could probably stretch to it now but it would be a bit depressing living on my own.
Nah, still nothing. She was coming round tonight but Homer's failed to clean the flat so i'm going round hers. Hopefully it will happen and i'll last longer than 30 seconds.

A month? Wow, thats really good as long as it was decent inside. I thought it would be a lot more than that

just had a quick search

http://www.findaproperty.com/searchresults.aspx?edid=00&salerent;=1&areaid;=5375
Best
Best avatar

9780 posts since 21/10/05

7 Feb 2010 17:17
love this

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent;=1&pid;=3853830
MoB
MoB avatar

36704 posts since 31/8/04

7 Feb 2010 17:17
Yeah it was through someone at work which was why it was so cheap. Not massive but big enough to live in with just one person, not restricting either they did it up really nice too. Gone now though. Heated floors sounded nice.
Best
Best avatar

9780 posts since 21/10/05

7 Feb 2010 17:23
Since having underfloor heating in my last place i can't live with out it now - best invention ever

oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6274 posts since 13/4/02

7 Feb 2010 18:02
don't like that industrial style posted on the prev page at all. and color coding your books is esential for any good bookshelve set-up, did mine with only black/white backs, had to dig up some pretty embarrassing titles for filler.
DuffMan
DuffMan avatar

14288 posts since 21/2/07

7 Feb 2010 18:12
"Hey I think I'll just read that Le Carre book I meant to last week, oh wait I don't know what colour it is, oh well I'll just take more photos of the bookshelves for people on the internet"
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6274 posts since 13/4/02

7 Feb 2010 18:12
a bit of exterior design, but just found casa brutus did a feature on our next door neighbour the cemetery, you really can't appreciate your surroundings until it takes a detour via japan for a stamp of approval.




looks abit grim atm though

BannerCross
BannerCross avatar

147 posts since 4/8/08

7 Feb 2010 18:33
Trying to find something like similar to this Knoll sideboard/cadenza, no luck finding anything so far, but not sure where
to try really. Any suggestions or alternatives? Cheers

Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

7 Feb 2010 19:15
Best wrote: Since having underfloor heating in my last place i can't live with out it now - best invention ever


Whats good about it ? Never been in a gaff with it
Dee
Dee avatar

11216 posts since 22/11/07

7 Feb 2010 19:15
Fears & Kahn do some very nice custom refurbished pieces, as well as a few other nice bits & bobs.

http://www.fearsandkahn.co.uk/main.htm

Best
Best avatar

9780 posts since 21/10/05

7 Feb 2010 19:27
Homer wrote:
Best wrote: Since having underfloor heating in my last place i can't live with out it now - best invention ever


Whats good about it ? Never been in a gaff with it

no radiators, zonal heating, no need to wear socks in the house etc etc etc

plus it's ballin'
Homer
Homer avatar

23926 posts since 8/5/03

7 Feb 2010 19:30
Hows it work, electric or gas ?
Strummer
Strummer avatar

2163 posts since 24/7/04

7 Feb 2010 19:34
Stanleyboy wrote: Fears & Kahn do some very nice custom refurbished pieces, as well as a few other nice bits & bobs.

http://www.fearsandkahn.co.uk/main.htm

Some great stuff on there.

Any other furniture sites you'd recommend?
Blueprint
Blueprint avatar

986 posts since 28/4/07

7 Feb 2010 19:37
It comes in either gas or electric, gas is much better but obviously alot more work to fit
BannerCross
BannerCross avatar

147 posts since 4/8/08

8 Feb 2010 10:10
Nice one Stanley…that's exactly the kind of stuff

Strummer wrote: Any other furniture sites you'd recommend?
jimm
jimm avatar

1558 posts since 22/11/04

16 Feb 2010 12:37
http://unhappyhipsters.com

OFN?
nick2
nick2 avatar

7231 posts since 18/2/09

16 Feb 2010 12:47
Homer wrote: Hows it work, electric or gas ?

We were going to have hot water undefloor heating in the bathroom, you just cement tiny pipes into the floor under the tiles and connect it to the central heating but I decided it wasn't worth the cost.

The electric version is similar but you put wires (like in an electric blanket) into the cement.

inversesquare
inversesquare avatar

6667 posts since 7/6/08

19 Feb 2010 04:22
Been roud a newbuilt house with a groundsource heatpump conneced to undefloor heating. It's an excelen way to heat a home.