General Discussion: interior design


Show original post
San
San avatar

10493 posts since 14/11/05

11 Apr 2010 15:40
fraser cooke?
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6274 posts since 13/4/02

11 Apr 2010 15:43
http://www.theselby.com/5_15_09_FraserCooke/index.html
jimm
jimm avatar

1558 posts since 22/11/04

11 Apr 2010 15:57
He's got a nice Prouvé/Corbs set up.
Dee
Dee avatar

11221 posts since 22/11/07

11 Apr 2010 17:54
His Phil Frost is very nice.
Otter the Rotter
Otter the Rotter avatar

132 posts since 7/3/05

11 Apr 2010 18:34
mr.white wrote:

I actually quite like this one, nice simple design. Ok, it's a bit gimmic-ee but not taking it too far.

However best part of £100 delivered (106 euros) seems very steep, 200 thread count or not. Shame really.
InWonderland
InWonderland avatar

2658 posts since 8/2/07

11 Apr 2010 20:27
Crazy Joe Davola wrote:
Yorkshires Finest wrote: Does anyone think them rasterbator pictures look any good?

Just got the keys to my new place and there is a wall that I was planning on putting a fair sized canvas on (although it would probs have to be a generic one from IKEA) but looking at that site some of them look OK, and a bit more individual, but I cant help thinking that it looks a cheap & tacky.

Suppose it would depend on what image and how good the quality of the printer used was.

bodega does really oversized vinyl sticker art on the cheap, maybe something to look into as an alternative?

http://www.itsbodega.com/

Another site for the vinyl wall stickers is http://www.supernice.co.uk/

I got the Keith Haring ones, but only have only got around to putting two up..

Yorkshires Finest
Yorkshires Finest avatar

115 posts since 15/10/08

11 Apr 2010 20:51
Cheers guys.

Wall deffo needs something to make it a "feature wall" and after looking around on-line all day i've seen various options. Just need to decide how adventurous I want to be before deciding on what to go for Cool
mr.white
mr.white avatar

17101 posts since 10/7/04

11 Apr 2010 21:02
put one of these posters up


or


ruining my own thread Oops
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6274 posts since 13/4/02

11 Apr 2010 22:02

been obsessing over the moroso springfield sofa lately, thinking about biting the bullet, in a less awesome more conservative fabric though
mr.white
mr.white avatar

17101 posts since 10/7/04

11 Apr 2010 22:09
so how much is one of those plain.. 6 grand?
that is just a guess.. i know nothing about sofas
illwill
illwill avatar

3698 posts since 17/5/04

11 Apr 2010 22:26
InWonderland wrote:
Crazy Joe Davola wrote:
Yorkshires Finest wrote: Does anyone think them rasterbator pictures look any good?

Just got the keys to my new place and there is a wall that I was planning on putting a fair sized canvas on (although it would probs have to be a generic one from IKEA) but looking at that site some of them look OK, and a bit more individual, but I cant help thinking that it looks a cheap & tacky.

Suppose it would depend on what image and how good the quality of the printer used was.

bodega does really oversized vinyl sticker art on the cheap, maybe something to look into as an alternative?

http://www.itsbodega.com/

Another site for the vinyl wall stickers is http://www.supernice.co.uk/

I got the Keith Haring ones, but only have only got around to putting two up..


It would be pussy-kryptonite but i love the Nintendo ones on that site.

Noble Locks
Noble Locks avatar

66963 posts since 10/7/03

11 Apr 2010 22:27
them aids dancers look wicked alice (as do the disco balls). Cool
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6274 posts since 13/4/02

11 Apr 2010 22:41
mr.white wrote: so how much is one of those plain.. 6 grand?
that is just a guess.. i know nothing about sofas

abit less although i think pixel fabric adds around 70-80% to the price
jimm
jimm avatar

1558 posts since 22/11/04

14 Apr 2010 16:20
The print on that Moroso sofa is quite cool, but I'm not into the actual sofa shape. I've always thought the Hella Jongurious sofas were quite cool. I'm thinking of getting the Frame Chair by Est and Sons at the moment in grey, but it might be a bit long for a desk chair:

Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7176 posts since 21/4/05

14 Apr 2010 16:45
Are those vinyls easily removeable/reusable? I rent and Im not sure how long I will be staying here.
oldgregg
oldgregg avatar

6274 posts since 13/4/02

14 Apr 2010 17:31
Crackajack wrote: Are those vinyls easily removeable/reusable? I rent and Im not sure how long I will be staying here.

easily removable yes, don't think they're reusable though.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7176 posts since 21/4/05

14 Apr 2010 23:33
Thanks dag. Looking at the Nintendo ones they claim "42 total movable and reusable decals/pkg."

Inwonderland do you know if they Keith Harring ones are reusable?

InWonderland
InWonderland avatar

2658 posts since 8/2/07

14 Apr 2010 23:59
Yes, they are defiantly removable..

May be tricky to re use them again, as peeling them off would probably distort them..

Just had a look at the site, and they have decals which they specifically called 're-stik'

So, I guess the keith haring ones aren't meant to be reused..

(I want the Nintendo ones too… Oops )
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7176 posts since 21/4/05

15 Apr 2010 00:25
Thanks, the re-stik range seem a bit feminine or aimed at children unfortunately.

Lots of other sites do them but look cheap and like something from '60 minute makeover' type shows Laughing out loud

One or two on here may be of interest to someone http://www.rockettstgeorge.co.uk/wall-stickers-nall204curpage-2-204-c.asp
KaneJS
KaneJS avatar

2596 posts since 5/8/07

15 Apr 2010 01:00
Off that Bodega site, where can I get this Surface To Air vinyl ?