General Discussion: iPhone Thread


Show original post
Gizmo
Gizmo avatar

4262 posts since 20/10/09

14 Feb 2013 08:07
Laughing out loud not page 3 worthy I'm afraid, would probably get 10% off at best
TCB
TCB avatar

3798 posts since 5/7/11

14 Feb 2013 09:42
Does anyone know a cheap place to repair cracked screens in London? My phone took a drop whilst I was cycling home last night and the front screen is fucked Evil
Razorlight123
Razorlight123 avatar

4453 posts since 13/1/10

17 Feb 2013 23:39
Anyone getting rid of an iPhone 4, looking to get one for my lil sis. If any of you have upgraded and no it's just gathering dust let me know even If it's got a smashed screen.

georgeyounan
georgeyounan avatar

488 posts since 22/12/11

18 Feb 2013 10:39
anyone had their lock/unlock button on the top start going on the 5? noticed the right side of the button doesn't even respond anymore and the left is slowly but surely taking the same fate.
LFC
LFC avatar

3738 posts since 14/6/11

18 Feb 2013 10:45
Is there a way of selecting multiple recipients for a message all at one time rather than adding them seperately?
Sebastian17
Sebastian17 avatar

2036 posts since 23/8/10

18 Feb 2013 10:52
georgeyounan wrote: anyone had their lock/unlock button on the top start going on the 5? noticed the right side of the button doesn't even respond anymore and the left is slowly but surely taking the same fate.

Happened to mine, took it in to apple and they said they cant fix that bit because its too close to the antennae or somethiing. They just gave me a new one, in and out in 10mins.
Gizmo
Gizmo avatar

4262 posts since 20/10/09

18 Feb 2013 11:07
So even 3 months out of warranty I could replace the water damaged iPhone hassle free at the apple store. Had to pay but all good really.

If anyone is interested in a brand new iPhone 4S 32gb black for £270 let me know. Will be putting in classifieds soonish. Prob had about half a days of use, back protector still on.
Mr X
Mr X avatar

7053 posts since 12/7/07

20 Feb 2013 18:03
I bought a Zagg screen protector from eBay with 25 year warranty. Not very impressed by it though - it makes the screen too glossy and has a squigy almost rubberlike feel to it. It seems to attract dirt as well and it's hard to remove than the typical £1 protectors.
stoney
stoney avatar

17396 posts since 22/1/05

20 Feb 2013 19:46
Sebastian17 wrote:
georgeyounan wrote: anyone had their lock/unlock button on the top start going on the 5? noticed the right side of the button doesn't even respond anymore and the left is slowly but surely taking the same fate.

Happened to mine, took it in to apple and they said they cant fix that bit, they just gave me a new one, in and out in 30mins.
MuayThaiPimp
MuayThaiPimp avatar

7925 posts since 10/8/11

21 Feb 2013 13:50
Anyone selling new iPhone 5 holla
DickieGreenleaf
DickieGreenleaf avatar

3122 posts since 13/1/09

21 Feb 2013 19:04
whats the deal with unblocking an orange phone? can any shop do it now?
RickRude
RickRude avatar

3263 posts since 13/1/12

21 Feb 2013 20:11
Anyone else having problems with espn on sky go
stoney
stoney avatar

17396 posts since 22/1/05

21 Feb 2013 20:32
MuayThaiPimp wrote: Anyone selling new iPhone 5 holla

got one 2 weeks old, unlocked black 32 gb ?
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

8773 posts since 6/10/05

21 Feb 2013 20:35
Any good aps about? Notlookedfor months and getting bord
troll
troll avatar

3571 posts since 30/1/10

21 Feb 2013 21:37
.
troll
troll avatar

3571 posts since 30/1/10

21 Feb 2013 21:37
russ74 wrote: Any good aps about? Notlookedfor months and getting bord

try this Eye-wink
Luke
Luke avatar

5711 posts since 21/1/03

26 Feb 2013 17:27
Razorlight123 wrote: Anyone getting rid of an iPhone 4, looking to get one for my lil sis. If any of you have upgraded and no it's just gathering dust let me know even If it's got a smashed screen.

Just chucked mine in the eBay thread Smiling

http://www.fuk.co.uk/threads/ebay_listings_1?page=85
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

8773 posts since 6/10/05

26 Feb 2013 17:30
troll wrote:
russ74 wrote: Any good aps about? Notlookedfor months and getting bord

try this Eye-wink

Fuck knows why it did that Laughing out loud
Mckue
Mckue avatar

172 posts since 4/11/12

27 Feb 2013 19:59
Opinions on whether it'd be better to get my phone fixed or sell as is? Only the back is cracked but will it be worth the repair?

Also where to get it done? Dodgy town place or go to an apple store?

It's a 4S and apart from that is in pretty good condition..

nothingelseworked
nothingelseworked avatar

3272 posts since 21/2/10

27 Feb 2013 20:04
Back bit is easy. You can order the parts/tool for like £10 off eBay and do it yourself. Just unscrew the bottom screws and the back slides right off.