Random Fashion Questions: japan proxy


Show original post
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2275 posts since 30/11/09

9 Feb 2020 08:34
Sholto wrote: What have you been ordering? That shipping fee looks hefty.

You can choose the value of the package when you create it on zenmarket. I usually set to around 700jpy. Looks like you're getting absolutely fucked by fees, duty and taxes tbh.

It was a Visvim Lhamo. As I have never proxied anything before, I just wanted to cover myself if it all turned out to be bollocks and went tits up. I also asked them to keep all the labels and packaging, should I need to move it on, as it is a size smaller than I would normally get. Considering they can retail for about £800 in the UK, I was happy to take the risk. I used FedEx as well, which may have made a difference.
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9370 posts since 17/7/05

9 Feb 2020 09:21
Sholto wrote: What have you been ordering? That shipping fee looks hefty.

You can choose the value of the package when you create it on zenmarket. I usually set to around 700jpy. Looks like you're getting absolutely fucked by fees, duty and taxes tbh.

That's good to know. I'm guessing you can set the package value when at the shipping stage and not before then? I couldn't find anything within the account section.
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7590 posts since 21/4/05

9 Feb 2020 09:35
Hanto wrote:
Sholto wrote: What have you been ordering? That shipping fee looks hefty.

You can choose the value of the package when you create it on zenmarket. I usually set to around 700jpy. Looks like you're getting absolutely fucked by fees, duty and taxes tbh.

It was a Visvim Lhamo. As I have never proxied anything before, I just wanted to cover myself if it all turned out to be bollocks and went tits up. I also asked them to keep all the labels and packaging, should I need to move it on, as it is a size smaller than I would normally get. Considering they can retail for about £800 in the UK, I was happy to take the risk. I used FedEx as well, which may have made a difference.

Sounds like a recipe for a future classifieds sale Sad
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2275 posts since 30/11/09

9 Feb 2020 09:56
Crackajack wrote:
Hanto wrote:
Sholto wrote: What have you been ordering? That shipping fee looks hefty.

You can choose the value of the package when you create it on zenmarket. I usually set to around 700jpy. Looks like you're getting absolutely fucked by fees, duty and taxes tbh.

It was a Visvim Lhamo. As I have never proxied anything before, I just wanted to cover myself if it all turned out to be bollocks and went tits up. I also asked them to keep all the labels and packaging, should I need to move it on, as it is a size smaller than I would normally get. Considering they can retail for about £800 in the UK, I was happy to take the risk. I used FedEx as well, which may have made a difference.

Sounds like a recipe for a future classifieds sale Sad

Could well be. Sad I slept on the other size and then got pissed off at myself so just got the other one.
Sholto
Sholto avatar

566 posts since 25/12/12

9 Feb 2020 11:09
Hanto wrote: It was a Visvim Lhamo. As I have never proxied anything before, I just wanted to cover myself if it all turned out to be bollocks and went tits up. I also asked them to keep all the labels and packaging, should I need to move it on, as it is a size smaller than I would normally get. Considering they can retail for about £800 in the UK, I was happy to take the risk. I used FedEx as well, which may have made a difference.
Fair enough. To be fair when you set the package value they do say that you can only claim insurance on a lost parcel for the value you've declared, so you do take a risk. Anecdotally, I've had things sent over via SAL for the last 3 years and never once had an issue - you even get a tracking number.

Rirawin wrote: That's good to know. I'm guessing you can set the package value when at the shipping stage and not before then? I couldn't find anything within the account section.
Yeah you can set the price when you 'create the package'. You can choose what items to add to it as well, for example if you've ordered 3 things you can have them all added to the same package and ship together (obviously depending on the size of the items).

It's also worth noting that the max weight for a SAL package is 2kg.
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2275 posts since 30/11/09

9 Feb 2020 13:42
Sholto wrote:
Hanto wrote: It was a Visvim Lhamo. As I have never proxied anything before, I just wanted to cover myself if it all turned out to be bollocks and went tits up. I also asked them to keep all the labels and packaging, should I need to move it on, as it is a size smaller than I would normally get. Considering they can retail for about £800 in the UK, I was happy to take the risk. I used FedEx as well, which may have made a difference.
Fair enough. To be fair when you set the package value they do say that you can only claim insurance on a lost parcel for the value you've declared, so you do take a risk. Anecdotally, I've had things sent over via SAL for the last 3 years and never once had an issue - you even get a tracking number.

Good to know. I should say as well as being risk adversed, I am also impatient, hence picking FedEx! Laughing out loud
Crackajack
Crackajack avatar

7590 posts since 21/4/05

9 Feb 2020 16:02
Hanto wrote:
Crackajack wrote:
Hanto wrote:
Sholto wrote: What have you been ordering? That shipping fee looks hefty.

You can choose the value of the package when you create it on zenmarket. I usually set to around 700jpy. Looks like you're getting absolutely fucked by fees, duty and taxes tbh.

It was a Visvim Lhamo. As I have never proxied anything before, I just wanted to cover myself if it all turned out to be bollocks and went tits up. I also asked them to keep all the labels and packaging, should I need to move it on, as it is a size smaller than I would normally get. Considering they can retail for about £800 in the UK, I was happy to take the risk. I used FedEx as well, which may have made a difference.

Sounds like a recipe for a future classifieds sale Sad

Could well be. Sad I slept on the other size and then got pissed off at myself so just got the other one.

All been there Laughing out loud the circle of Life
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2275 posts since 30/11/09

11 Feb 2020 11:25
So the verdict is in and the fit is not as bad as thought! Will put a question in the Vis thread. V impressed with Zen so can recommend.
Sholto
Sholto avatar

566 posts since 25/12/12

12 Feb 2020 18:46
Yeah zen are the dogs danglies
Jake Unkutt
Jake Unkutt avatar

2882 posts since 2/3/04

18 Feb 2020 02:03
Zenmarket the way to go these days then?
Wanna order some camera stuff that was too heavy to get in my suitcase this time…
They will mark down right? Happy to have it shipped by SAL. as always much faster than the quoted time.
bungleski
bungleski avatar

352 posts since 21/7/11

18 Feb 2020 06:08
Jake Unkutt wrote: Zenmarket the way to go these days then?
Wanna order some camera stuff that was too heavy to get in my suitcase this time…
They will mark down right? Happy to have it shipped by SAL. as always much faster than the quoted time.

Yep, just placed an order to try it out. Option to price item value to whatever you want, no option to mark as gift though but it’s the VAT that hits you hardest on fees.

For details on import fees check out this page:

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Sholto
Sholto avatar

566 posts since 25/12/12

19 Feb 2020 21:51
Marking as a gift doesn't matter, just get them to remove price tags and zenmarket logos and mark total package value to less than £15 equiv. No taxes or import duties/Royal mail handling charges to pay.
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2275 posts since 30/11/09

21 Feb 2020 12:03
Not quite the same but anyone bought from here before?

http://www.conceptshop.com.hk/

I saw it a long time ago, but never ordered from it. Not sure if legit, and or worth it.
Peanuts
Peanuts avatar

313 posts since 17/5/08

21 Feb 2020 12:43
Hanto wrote: Not quite the same but anyone bought from here before?

http://www.conceptshop.com.hk/

I saw it a long time ago, but never ordered from it. Not sure if legit, and or worth it.

Legit, have been to the store a couple of times when in HK. Same block as Human Behaviour and a couple of other stores. He'll mark down for you on shipping.
Rirawin
Rirawin avatar

9370 posts since 17/7/05

posted 21 Feb 2020 13:17, edited 21 Feb 2020 13:17
100% legit. Used to buy my Bape gear back in the day (2004-2006) from there. Also been to the physical store too, and Simon who runs it is safe as houses. Shame the site hasn't changed in over 15 years Laughing out loud
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2275 posts since 30/11/09

21 Feb 2020 13:58
Cheers guys. Are the prices that different from JP for Vis, or is there a mark up? Shopping experience looks a bit easier than going direct or another proxy.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

posted 21 Feb 2020 22:28, edited 21 Feb 2020 22:28
Hanto wrote: Not quite the same but anyone bought from here before?

http://www.conceptshop.com.hk/

I saw it a long time ago, but never ordered from it. Not sure if legit, and or worth it.

yep, got a few pieces of gear from him over the years. The helicrew shorts I got back in about 2010 still say "on hold"..Smiling

He asks for decent prices on some stuff but he'll mark stuff down if it sits. I guess you just have to analyse the market and make your decision like anyone else. But yeah you'll get your gear you paid for from Conceptshop and it will be as described, no bullshit.
MLI
MLI avatar

5173 posts since 6/10/09

posted 22 Feb 2020 09:13, edited 22 Feb 2020 09:13
Jake Unkutt wrote: who cares

so did you import some of that horizontal pussy you were banging in Japan to the UK?
bungleski
bungleski avatar

352 posts since 21/7/11

28 Feb 2020 09:15
Great service for Zen.
Item well packaged and shipped within 2 days of being received to their warehouse.
Chose SAL for postage and marked value at 800jpn, took only 6 days to arrive.
Comms with Zen good too, had a couple of questions and responses within 24 hours.
Hanto
Hanto avatar

2275 posts since 30/11/09

28 Feb 2020 10:47
How did you get on with customs? What did you order?