Menswear: Last Purchase (PICS thread, your OWN picture, NO stock pictures)


Show original post
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1608 posts since 30/3/11

posted 10 Mar 2021 18:19, edited 10 Mar 2021 18:19
TheConductor wrote: Nice discobobulated!

Centurionone for worst purchase of 2021 contender Laughing out loud

Sorry I should have bought the Christo (Made in China ) Laughing out loud
toin
toin avatar

2067 posts since 1/4/13

posted 10 Mar 2021 18:24, edited 10 Mar 2021 18:24
Both on the last page are easily worst ive seen this year
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1608 posts since 30/3/11

10 Mar 2021 18:30
toin wrote: Both on the last page are easily worst ive seen this year

Luckily we don't all have to wear Birkenstock.. Wouldn't that be a bore!
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2212 posts since 16/7/11

posted 10 Mar 2021 18:32, edited 10 Mar 2021 18:32
Real McCoy's welder jacket, which size though?


40 quite a trim fit and arms short. 42 roomy in the body.
Doogan
Doogan avatar

1026 posts since 13/4/14

10 Mar 2021 18:52
42 for me.
swede
swede avatar

9827 posts since 21/3/09

10 Mar 2021 18:56
Hanto wrote: In all seriousness, I love that piece. Cool

treat yourself surely? work bonus will drop in soon no?
Ulster_Blue
Ulster_Blue avatar

5556 posts since 16/7/06

10 Mar 2021 19:06
Welder is lovely. What size does a 40 correspond to? Large?
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7152 posts since 5/6/07

10 Mar 2021 19:08
swede wrote:
Hanto wrote: In all seriousness, I love that piece. Cool

treat yourself surely? work bonus will drop in soon no?

Someone needs to stump up for leather one so we can see a fit pic
bertoni
bertoni avatar

1480 posts since 29/9/11

10 Mar 2021 19:12
42 definitely mate.
Anto
Anto avatar

4036 posts since 19/1/12

10 Mar 2021 19:17
bertoni wrote: 42 definitely mate.

Arms and body way too short on the 40 imo
generic_guy
generic_guy avatar

9970 posts since 16/9/02

10 Mar 2021 19:19
Body looks fine in both but arms looks a touch short in the 40 so I'd go with the 42.
What size do you normally wear?
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3118 posts since 30/11/09

10 Mar 2021 19:19
swede wrote:
Hanto wrote: In all seriousness, I love that piece. Cool

treat yourself surely? work bonus will drop in soon no?

Too rich for my blood. If second hand it may be a different story price wise. Never spent more than £850 on anything, which in itself is bonkers I know.

Plus the money is more likely to come from ebay tbh. There have been times in the last year due to Covid where I've been selling more on ebay than earning comission! Laughing out loud
mod*
mod* avatar

7076 posts since 25/3/04

10 Mar 2021 19:25
42 for me. I like the new colour too.
Rez
Rez avatar

8678 posts since 5/4/09

10 Mar 2021 19:36
Centurionone wrote:
TheConductor wrote: Nice discobobulated!

Centurionone for worst purchase of 2021 contender Laughing out loud

Sorry I should have bought the Christo (Made in China ) Laughing out loud

People still going on about made in china being bad as if it's the 90s

Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1608 posts since 30/3/11

10 Mar 2021 19:44

People still going on about made in china being bad as if it's the 90s



You misunderstood my concern about goods made in China. It's not so much about quality as it is their working conditions and practices.

Back in the day all Visvim used to be made in Japan, nowadays they outsource some of their production to China and to my understanding it is not because their technology is superior to Japan but it is about cheaper labour. It is not just Visvim obviously, Zegna, Comme des Garçons, Margiela manufactures in Turkey, Prada manufactures in Romania etc the list goes on…
swede
swede avatar

9827 posts since 21/3/09

10 Mar 2021 19:45
Hanto wrote:
swede wrote:
Hanto wrote: In all seriousness, I love that piece. Cool

treat yourself surely? work bonus will drop in soon no?

Too rich for my blood. If second hand it may be a different story price wise. Never spent more than £850 on anything, which in itself is bonkers I know.

Plus the money is more likely to come from ebay tbh. There have been times in the last year due to Covid where I've been selling more on ebay than earning comission! Laughing out loud

only £850 Laughing out loud Laughing out loud you poor or something?
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3118 posts since 30/11/09

10 Mar 2021 19:54
swede wrote:
Hanto wrote:
swede wrote:
Hanto wrote: In all seriousness, I love that piece. Cool

treat yourself surely? work bonus will drop in soon no?

Too rich for my blood. If second hand it may be a different story price wise. Never spent more than £850 on anything, which in itself is bonkers I know.

Plus the money is more likely to come from ebay tbh. There have been times in the last year due to Covid where I've been selling more on ebay than earning comission! Laughing out loud

only £850 Laughing out loud Laughing out loud you poor or something?

Something like that.
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2212 posts since 16/7/11

10 Mar 2021 20:58
Ulster_Blue wrote: Welder is lovely. What size does a 40 correspond to? Large?

Thanks! It smells orgasmic. I think 40 is a large, yes. The 40 feels a little restrictive around the shoulders/pits but fits well in the body. The 42 would be great if it were a little less big in the chest.

I seem to always get my knickers in a twist with sizing. I'm not sure why but I always want the smaller size to work. Vanity? I always think the larger size looks absolutely enormous. I can't seem to be objective, hence roping in you lot.
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2212 posts since 16/7/11

posted 10 Mar 2021 21:00, edited 10 Mar 2021 21:00
generic_guy wrote: Body looks fine in both but arms looks a touch short in the 40 so I'd go with the 42.
What size do you normally wear?

Large usually. Medium very occasionally. In McCoy's sweats I'm either a large or an XL depending on the cut.
andrew_
andrew_ avatar

604 posts since 23/1/10

posted 10 Mar 2021 21:00, edited 10 Mar 2021 21:00
Superprecise wrote: Real McCoy's welder jacket, which size though?

42 all day. Great jacket.