Menswear: Last Purchase (PICS thread, your OWN picture, NO stock pictures)


Show original post
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1610 posts since 30/3/11

31 Jul 2021 08:06


They should have named these Tank not Enzo, so heavy!!
MattC
MattC avatar

832 posts since 20/3/12

31 Jul 2021 09:09
Hanto wrote: Good work. Which colour did you go for?

Went for platinum. I must have tried on about 10 pairs before settling.


https://www.nichebazaarstudio.com/products/jacques-marie-mage-dealan-53-platinum?_pos=13&_sid=27f34c483&_ss=r

padawan
padawan avatar

4467 posts since 27/6/03

31 Jul 2021 09:11
Ubercool
swede
swede avatar

9837 posts since 21/3/09

31 Jul 2021 10:19
Those are really cool Centurione Cool right up my street
Centurionone
Centurionone avatar

1610 posts since 30/3/11

31 Jul 2021 10:25
swede wrote: Those are really cool Centurione Cool right up my street

Thanks, the lenses are really good but the frame is rather heavy, after a prolonged wear they leave a mark on your nose.
swede
swede avatar

9837 posts since 21/3/09

31 Jul 2021 10:53
well if you ever move them on you know where to find me…………
staygold
staygold avatar

5053 posts since 21/11/05

31 Jul 2021 11:04
Centurionone wrote:
swede wrote: Those are really cool Centurione Cool right up my street

Thanks, the lenses are really good but the frame is rather heavy, after a prolonged wear they leave a mark on your nose.
This happens with my JMM Molino, I like the fit but no other glasses give me a mark like that
ismvil
ismvil avatar

1830 posts since 16/9/11

31 Jul 2021 18:19
Some heavy duty hardware here playas
NigelBenn
NigelBenn avatar

4405 posts since 6/2/08

31 Jul 2021 23:14
Those are lovely centurione
EssexBoyII
EssexBoyII avatar

7154 posts since 5/6/07

1 Aug 2021 10:13
Nose indents the new wave
discobobulated
discobobulated avatar

1050 posts since 21/4/10

1 Aug 2021 11:50
It's the one reason I've not bought a pair. Can't stand heavy frames.
discobobulated
discobobulated avatar

1050 posts since 21/4/10

1 Aug 2021 12:22
Having said that, I’ll probably buy a pair next week Laughing out loud
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3129 posts since 30/11/09

1 Aug 2021 12:40
They're not all that bad. The Jax is relatively light. The Fellini, Enzo etc. Are definitely heavier.

The titanium frames are incredibly light, but obviously a different aesthetic.
youngkamio
youngkamio avatar

50 posts since 27/6/14

posted 2 Aug 2021 09:26, edited 2 Aug 2021 09:26
Hanto wrote: They're not all that bad. The Jax is relatively light. The Fellini, Enzo etc. Are definitely heavier.

The titanium frames are incredibly light, but obviously a different aesthetic.

Heavy acetate frames not only leave nose marks but there is too much slippage. I am always adjusting them.

I wanted a pair of JMMs and came across the JMM Scarpa. They have a light weight titanium frame but I ended up going for the Dita Flight 8 due to better looking lenses.
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3129 posts since 30/11/09

2 Aug 2021 10:26
youngkamio wrote:
Hanto wrote: They're not all that bad. The Jax is relatively light. The Fellini, Enzo etc. Are definitely heavier.

The titanium frames are incredibly light, but obviously a different aesthetic.

Heavy acetate frames not only leave nose marks but there is too much slippage. I am always adjusting them.

I wanted a pair of JMMs and came across the JMM Scarpa. They have a light weight titanium frame but I ended up going for the Dita Flight 8 due to better looking lenses.

I have the Scarpa, as well as the Seberg. The former is one of my favourites.
Doogan
Doogan avatar

1030 posts since 13/4/14

posted 2 Aug 2021 14:18, edited 2 Aug 2021 14:18


Pick up a Beams hoodie and Cabourn sweat in the sales. Colours are a bit different for me but I like them both.
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20592 posts since 26/1/06

3 Aug 2021 08:19
youngkamio wrote: Heavy acetate frames not only leave nose marks but there is too much slippage. I am always adjusting them.

Sounds like you need to get the "hockey ends" adjusted by an optician. They should hook around your ear enough to stop the frames slipping down, although the heavier the frame is the more prone to slippage it will be.
MattC
MattC avatar

832 posts since 20/3/12

4 Aug 2021 08:59
Agreed, when I bought mine they adjusted them to my face and they fitted much better. Felt like a different pair of glasses.
Hello World
Hello World avatar

12170 posts since 7/3/05

5 Aug 2021 20:02
andymakesglasses wrote:
MoB wrote: Mine are still going strong after wearing them every day for the last 11 years or whatever it is Cool had an optician say how well made and great they were a few weeks back

Cool


swiftus wrote: You still making frames Andy? Or planning to? Would support

Thanks. I haven't actually made any since that last batch that MoB bought from Oops but I'm hoping to make some more next year.

Ill definitely be in on a new design run, been wearing my two pairs every day since they arrived, must be 10 years?
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20592 posts since 26/1/06

6 Aug 2021 08:01
Hello World wrote: Ill definitely be in on a new design run, been wearing my two pairs every day since they arrived, must be 10 years?

Cool

First Made in Italy batch was 2009, second Made in Germany batch was 2010. Oops