General Discussion: The life advice thread. Never do, say, eat or drink anything without asking how to do it in here first!


Show original post
Ulster_Blue
Ulster_Blue avatar

5624 posts since 16/7/06

6 Nov 2021 21:40
Actually wasn’t even trying to be harsh, have been trying to get my head around peoples spending habits vis a vis their earnings.

Really curious, would someone earning average money spend 2k (if that’s even what they cost) on a 30th bday present
phelen
phelen avatar

6797 posts since 16/8/06

6 Nov 2021 22:28
Ulster_Blue wrote: Actually wasn’t even trying to be harsh, have been trying to get my head around peoples spending habits vis a vis their earnings.

Really curious, would someone earning average money spend 2k (if that’s even what they cost) on a 30th bday present

No, but I'm a peasant compared to fukers spending habits on fuk.
eazypz
eazypz avatar

3679 posts since 16/4/10

posted 6 Nov 2021 23:23, edited 6 Nov 2021 23:23
Depends on what your spending habits in general are.
I’ve got a friend who dresses in H&M but spunks circa £400 minimum down the pub every weekend.

Don’t think it’s as simple as how much you earn.

Horses for courses.
spitfiredealer
spitfiredealer avatar

2596 posts since 12/6/10

7 Nov 2021 07:19
Alarm bells would be ringing for me if a bird asked for something that expensive as a gift….
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1871 posts since 1/7/09

7 Nov 2021 11:12
spitfiredealer wrote: Alarm bells would be ringing for me if a bird asked for something that expensive as a gift….

This all day. Can't see any circumstance, even if you're loaded, for someone to ask for this as a present
NigelBenn
NigelBenn avatar

4778 posts since 6/2/08

7 Nov 2021 13:07
Depends how many BJs she giving a week
toiler
toiler avatar

174 posts since 4/5/09

posted 7 Nov 2021 19:53, edited 7 Nov 2021 19:53
Interesting response.. Ulster, things have been going well for me the last couple of years. Thanks for the concern.

I brought up Goyard to her amongst other things.. she’s at home raising our kids after giving up her career so wanted to get her something special. When I say she’s asked for it, it’s because I’ve prompted it.

Ended up calling the store.. thanks for queue advice hopefully will avoid that.
Seventyfour
Seventyfour avatar

9589 posts since 6/10/05

7 Nov 2021 20:22
I once emailed them about something and they where extremely helpful and happy to ship
Ulster_Blue
Ulster_Blue avatar

5624 posts since 16/7/06

7 Nov 2021 21:16
toiler wrote: Interesting response.. Ulster, things have been going well for me the last couple of years. Thanks for the concern.

I brought up Goyard to her amongst other things.. she’s at home raising our kids after giving up her career so wanted to get her something special. When I say she’s asked for it, it’s because I’ve prompted it.

Ended up calling the store.. thanks for queue advice hopefully will avoid that.

Fair enough, I know that guilt
Rez
Rez avatar

8989 posts since 5/4/09

8 Nov 2021 08:38
Having a lot of trouble sleeping at the moment - new job and ongoing family crisis stress - anyone got any recommendations to help solve it short term?
toocan
toocan avatar

892 posts since 7/11/07

8 Nov 2021 08:45
Rez wrote: Having a lot of trouble sleeping at the moment - new job and ongoing family crisis stress - anyone got any recommendations to help solve it short term?

Phenergan. it’s OTC will make ya sleep no problem. Ideally you’d smash in loads of exercise as well but appreciate not everyone’s down for that
Rez
Rez avatar

8989 posts since 5/4/09

8 Nov 2021 09:06
Cheers, have also just weighed myself and realised I've somehow put on about a stone in month so some extra exercise is probably needed too Laughing out loud
quest
quest avatar

3793 posts since 11/7/11

8 Nov 2021 09:26
similar to this what can I take to knock me out on a really long flight
Ulster_Blue
Ulster_Blue avatar

5624 posts since 16/7/06

8 Nov 2021 10:17
seratonin supposed to work?
Hanto
Hanto avatar

3535 posts since 30/11/09

8 Nov 2021 11:03
Rez wrote: Having a lot of trouble sleeping at the moment - new job and ongoing family crisis stress - anyone got any recommendations to help solve it short term?

Depending on what the root causes are it may be worth looking at those as well. May not be a short term problem.
andymakesglasses
andymakesglasses avatar

20740 posts since 26/1/06

8 Nov 2021 11:08
Rez wrote: Having a lot of trouble sleeping at the moment - new job and ongoing family crisis stress - anyone got any recommendations to help solve it short term?

Buy more Visvim.
Gonzo
Gonzo avatar

22 posts since 21/4/15

8 Nov 2021 11:27
Lockdown buyer's remorse. How many categories do you fukers have regrets in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59207124
Rez
Rez avatar

8989 posts since 5/4/09

8 Nov 2021 12:14
ugh, sponcon from the state broadcaster, glad my licence fee can fund such hard-hitting journalism/an ad for contents insurance.
Gonzo
Gonzo avatar

22 posts since 21/4/15

8 Nov 2021 13:32
Rez wrote: ugh, sponcon from the state broadcaster, glad my licence fee can fund such hard-hitting journalism/an ad for contents insurance.
you wanna get some more sleep, do you the world of good Sad
swiftus
swiftus avatar

1871 posts since 1/7/09

8 Nov 2021 13:43
Gonzo wrote: Lockdown buyer's remorse. How many categories do you fukers have regrets in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59207124

Interesting that pizza ovens are on the list. The OONI crew here seem to still be loving 'em