General Discussion: The life advice thread. Never do, say, eat or drink anything without asking how to do it in here first!


Show original post
NigelBenn
NigelBenn avatar

4062 posts since 6/2/08

14 Jul 2013 15:32
Laughing out loud MTP, didn't mean that in a noncey way at all.

Move to France Jordan, honestly the best way of picking up a language. I was near on fluent after my time in Berlin.
electrolux
electrolux avatar

657 posts since 6/11/08

14 Jul 2013 15:40
deuce wrote: anyone learned a new language/french? i want to learn. ideally looking for iphone app recommendations or rosetta stone type things i can listen to work and back.

but do those things work best when you repeat the phrases out loud? obviously that wouldnt be ideal on the tube Laughing out loud

Deffo get Michel Thomas package. You should be able to find a torrent for the French, i did for the German package when i started. The duolingo apps are meant to be very good for total beginners. They're free and perfect for using on your phone/whilst commuting.
deuce
deuce avatar

13705 posts since 21/1/08

14 Jul 2013 17:13
electrolux wrote:
deuce wrote: anyone learned a new language/french? i want to learn. ideally looking for iphone app recommendations or rosetta stone type things i can listen to work and back.

but do those things work best when you repeat the phrases out loud? obviously that wouldnt be ideal on the tube Laughing out loud

Deffo get Michel Thomas package. You should be able to find a torrent for the French, i did for the German package when i started. The duolingo apps are meant to be very good for total beginners. They're free and perfect for using on your phone/whilst commuting.
thank you.

this place is getting beyond tedious now
cutandpaste
cutandpaste avatar

570 posts since 11/6/10

14 Jul 2013 17:47
deuce wrote: this place is getting beyond tedious now

Stuff like this is useful for understanding;

http://www.rfi.fr/lfen/statiques/accueil.asp

There is a 10 minute news broadcast daily in simple french, and a bunch of other stuff there.

http://www.lepointdufle.net/

The above is a nightmare to navigate, but has loads of exercises to do.

But Mob is right, just get beyond the embarrassment of being rubbish and learn with your girlfriend.

burny
burny avatar

5790 posts since 25/5/06

15 Jul 2013 08:49
Edit, found it.
MoB
MoB avatar

36704 posts since 31/8/04

16 Jul 2013 20:07
Need a new juicer, budget of about £150 give or take. ANyone got one they can recommend?
nick
nick avatar

19733 posts since 2/5/03

16 Jul 2013 21:03
Just get your girlfriend to mash fruit up on the sly then surprise you .
deuce
deuce avatar

13705 posts since 21/1/08

16 Jul 2013 21:07
literally the unfunniest comment ever, doesnt even make sense.

wish you'd kill yourself, you're so tiresome. i die a little inside on every post you make
nick
nick avatar

19733 posts since 2/5/03

16 Jul 2013 21:08
deuce wrote: i die a little inside on every post you make

can you estimate how many more I need to make to finish you off ?

deuce
deuce avatar

13705 posts since 21/1/08

16 Jul 2013 21:19
well done, you posted a half funny comment.

shouldnt you be busy complaining about how every item of clothing ever created in the history of the world is boring?
nick
nick avatar

19733 posts since 2/5/03

16 Jul 2013 22:46
Shouldn't you be down the social club playing bingo in your fur lined granny boots ?
MoB
MoB avatar

36704 posts since 31/8/04

16 Jul 2013 22:51
anyway back to my juicer…..
deuce
deuce avatar

13705 posts since 21/1/08

17 Jul 2013 00:19
nick wrote: Shouldn't you be down the social club playing bingo in your fur lined granny boots ?
That's rural, not me
OliverGauffe
OliverGauffe avatar

16 posts since 8/7/13

17 Jul 2013 10:30
What the hell are you two fighting about… sounds like you are in the right place tho–life advice! Ha ha "back to my juicer"… Laughing out loud
nick
nick avatar

19733 posts since 2/5/03

17 Jul 2013 14:58
deuce wrote:
nick wrote: Shouldn't you be down the social club playing bingo in your fur lined granny boots ?
That's rural, not me

http://www.fuk.co.uk/threads/last_purchase_pics_thread_your_own_picture_no_stock_pictures?page=129
Superprecise
Superprecise avatar

2095 posts since 16/7/11

17 Jul 2013 15:03
Three hours well spent there, Nick.
rural
rural avatar

17578 posts since 26/9/06

17 Jul 2013 15:06
And to think my uggs got abuse! Those acnes are shockers! Shocked
MuayThaiPimp
MuayThaiPimp avatar

7925 posts since 10/8/11

17 Jul 2013 15:08
Laughing out loud ffs! Mob did u sort a juicer out? The anticipation is killing me …someone update worst last purchase we have a new contender
nick
nick avatar

19733 posts since 2/5/03

17 Jul 2013 15:09
Superprecise wrote: Three hours well spent there, Nick.

search for "granny boots" took me straight there

deuce
deuce avatar

13705 posts since 21/1/08

17 Jul 2013 15:11
… i didnt wear them once, and sold them ages ago.

i'd be here all day if i was gonna post up your shit clothes